Jump to content
boboisared

New Stadium Approved

Recommended Posts

On 1/23/2021 at 8:41 AM, muttonhumper said:

Also that retarded argument that just because the board say so, then that's it.

Any argument against what they say is invalid.

Even though they've been wrong every single time on this issue in the past.

For anyone to believe they can make more money in a brand new stadium in the sticks versus a brand new stadium in town, 10 mins walk from the centre is nuts.
Pretty sure the board know that as well, despite you arguing on their behalf without knowing their actual thoughts on the above.



 

 

If the “current board” don’t seriously look at this option then they are no better than the clowns who preceded them 

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

You are wanting to have a go new board members for the actions of old board members? Should we have a go at the current players for results before they were here as well? 

As has been seen with the funding for Cormack park and the Gallagher and Hernandez signings, Cormack and his mates at Atlanta are running the show here now, nobody else. They haven’t presided over fuck up after fuck up.

I’ve never said the club won’t make money with a new stadium in town - I said they will have wasted a lot of money to change their plans at this stage, unless the council are going to compensate / help fund the project. They’ve never provided any help thus far, I doubt they will now. 

 

Bit of a contradiction there 

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If that's true then we should be all over it. As others have said...what's happened with covid has certainly put back starting Kingsford probably by 5 years anyway so there's plenty time to see if this really is a feasible option. 60% would obv make the council majority owners. I would hope they haven't got designs on trying to charge us an annual rent......if that is their idea then I'd rather we insisted on us funding 50% so we would be equal owners.

 

Aye that's my take on things too. 

This is what the guy posted

 

Okay proposed deal is along this lines , will probably change but proposal is 17k complex with retractable roof that can do multi sports , capacity can go up with Rail seats , project cost 70/80m built and open by 2025, funding is council 60% AFC 40%
, Aberdeen to cover cost to maintain , so around 30m less 10m from sale of Pittodrie...
 
Taking it with a huge pinch of salt , especially the retractable roof bit . Just hope there's some truth to this

Share this post


Link to post

This is what the nutcase said:

It would be irresponsible for me at this stage to speculate on whether there would be a move from Pittodrie to a site close by, but it's definitely something we are exploring." 

Yes Marie it would be irresponsible for you to speculate on that, but you just did. 

 

Edited by Ernie McCracken

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

This is what the guy posted

 

Okay proposed deal is along this lines , will probably change but proposal is 17k complex with retractable roof that can do multi sports , capacity can go up with Rail seats , project cost 70/80m built and open by 2025, funding is council 60% AFC 40%
, Aberdeen to cover cost to maintain , so around 30m less 10m from sale of Pittodrie...
 
Taking it with a huge pinch of salt , especially the retractable roof bit . Just hope there's some truth to this

Would love that to be true but sounds like pie in the sky tbh

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Would love that to be true but sounds like pie in the sky tbh

Aye. Whoever wrote that forgot to add in the monorail. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, NEM said:

If the “current board” don’t seriously look at this option then they are no better than the clowns who preceded them 

100%

Share this post


Link to post

The fact remains that there is no appetite to move to Kingsford with that poll showing 6 times as many people would prefer the beach site (despite obvious concerns re the plausability of that) and 3 times as many people would prefer a revamped Pittodrie. 

Now the AWPR is up and running the folly of having it out there is clear to anyone who uses that road. Horrific tailbacks at that junction, not enough parking (a fleet of shuttle buses idea is just bonkers), and fuck all round about. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

If we were to move to that beach location the club would be in a fantastic position to build what they like on the Kingsford site and get the revenue from it . I'm thinking a hotel , golf range , tennis courts a real centre for sporting excellence for the NE . Whatever makes financial sense  

Share this post


Link to post

If only we had a renowned (ryder cup) sportsman nearby with the growth and progression of local sporting kids at his very core... 

Share this post


Link to post

Brentford v Leicester game on BT just now, their new ground looks a cracker. Probably spent way more than we would ever be able to budget for on this new stadium but something similar would do nicely. At the beach.

Share this post


Link to post

Cost £71m

Share this post


Link to post

Building the stadium at the beach opens up other revenue streams.

We could include 2 or 3 shops on the boulevard site which could be open 7 days a week as cafes,takeaways,restaurants ,sports goods etc.

Even a pub which is sadly lacking down there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

If the council contributed such a large portion of funds, how much input into the stadium design would Aberdeen FC get? 

Share this post


Link to post

It would have a big picture of Barney Crockett on the front giving the V's to the public 

 

probably better viewing than watching that disgusting fraud Ash Taylor play though. 

Edited by Poodler
  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Building the stadium at the beach opens up other revenue streams.

We could include 2 or 3 shops on the boulevard site which could be open 7 days a week as cafes,takeaways,restaurants ,sports goods etc.

Even a pub which is sadly lacking down there.

Yep lots of possibilities , think would be a great site and we could do want we want with Kingsford too for another revenue stream 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, redstrummer said:

Yep lots of possibilities , think would be a great site and we could do want we want with Kingsford too for another revenue stream 

Incinerator, slaughter hoose or a turd processing factory like the one at Nigg. Give the wanks something to really complain about 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, NEM said:

Incinerator, slaughter hoose or a turd processing factory like the one at Nigg. Give the wanks something to really complain about 

A brothel. Shuttle buses and an underground tunnel from the new stadium. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

A brothel. Shuttle buses and an underground tunnel from the new stadium. 

 

A brothel would only abstract punters away from our matchday crowds

Just stick a kiddies playground on it. The only person being abstracted away would be @Dad

Share this post


Link to post

Out of order TC son - I'm one of the first in the queue any match I attend, regardless of nearby options

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Dad said:

Out of order TC son - I'm one of the first in the queue any match I attend, regardless of nearby options

Depends which end you queue at.

Share this post


Link to post

The Dons end Joe son - the fucking Dons end; obviously

Cheeky wee arsehole - come on now

 

You cut Dad open theres a big load of letters that spell out Aberdeen,

A Don right through to the core 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Dad said:

The Dons end Joe son - the fucking Dons end; obviously

Cheeky wee arsehole - come on now

 

You cut Dad open theres a big load of letters that spell out Aberdeen,

A Don right through to the core 

 

Never doubted it.

Share this post


Link to post

Good Joe son 😎

Dad and the Dons for life

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

The fact remains that there is no appetite to move to Kingsford with that poll showing 6 times as many people would prefer the beach site (despite obvious concerns re the plausability of that) and 3 times as many people would prefer a revamped Pittodrie. 

Now the AWPR is up and running the folly of having it out there is clear to anyone who uses that road. Horrific tailbacks at that junction, not enough parking (a fleet of shuttle buses idea is just bonkers), and fuck all round about. 

 

The tailbacks aren't horrendous at all. If anything it's far better now the lights gave been installed.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, redstrummer said:

This is what the guy posted

 

Okay proposed deal is along this lines , will probably change but proposal is 17k complex with retractable roof that can do multi sports , capacity can go up with Rail seats , project cost 70/80m built and open by 2025, funding is council 60% AFC 40%
, Aberdeen to cover cost to maintain , so around 30m less 10m from sale of Pittodrie...
 
Taking it with a huge pinch of salt , especially the retractable roof bit . Just hope there's some truth to this

If the council are heavily involved - just expect them to fuck it up somehow.

Plus - the mention of ‘multisport’ gives me the fear of a permanent running track around the pitch...

Share this post


Link to post

We've got a running track 5 minutes away at the sports Village so hopefully no need. 

Share this post


Link to post

We will be at Pittodrie for the forseeable future.Westhill an excellent out of town training ground and facilities. A 20,000 stadium on the same site was utterly delusional.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

totally agree Ernie, I'd rather stay in the city centre but the council have know all this for years and not helped in any way so lets just crack on with Kingsford

As for the old ACC forget that its right next to where i live and what excuse will i have to leave for the bowling club at 12:00 if its next door!!! 

  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post

Not bring from aberdeen was the hotel that was on this site shut at short notice or had it been known it was going to shut for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...