Sam Cosgrove

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He won’t be back until mid October at earliest according to DM post match yesterday. 

If he stays this summer hopefully he can get back to his old self as having 1 goal from Main, Edmondson, Anderson, Watkins and Cosgrove is hurting us at the moment.

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

If he stays this summer hopefully he can get back to his old self as having 1 goal from Main, Edmondson, Anderson, Watkins and Cosgrove is hurting us at the moment.

Yip, Watkins has played well generally, but doesn’t look like a natural goal scorer who’ll get you 20 goals a season. 
Works his arse off, harasses defenders, is quick & decent at holding the ball up. 

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Yep, he could be up there with maddison level of greatness

That bit of skill on the touchline was superb and something our other strikers aren't capable of 

His close control was a level above the others I thought. The ball looked like it was stuck to his feet when he was moving around with it at times. Hopefully his finishing is as good.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Sadly it’s the Sun.

Sadly it’s Alan Nixon.

If you see his Twitter feed, he throws a load of shite at a wall hoping something will stick. Anything. 

I’d question whether Cosgrove is English Championship standard, let alone EPL. 

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That aged well ?

Clueless.

He’s really pretty shit.

A centre half converted to a centre forward. And it shows. 

Everybody knows millertit is a liar, doesn't stick to his word and is truly a fukin big chinned arsehole. Please everybody call him millertit, just for the crack at least.

1 minute ago, pocrawred said:

Everybody knows millertit is a liar, doesn't stick to his word and is truly a fukin big chinned arsehole. Please everybody call him millertit, just for the crack at least.

It would have to be a funny quip, for it to be worth saying for the crack. 

This is going to be the perennial debate with Cosgrove, as long as he plays for Aberdeen.  When he's not scoring he does look like  a non-footballer.  He's always going to attract a lot of flack when we are playing poorly.

I'm the first to admit that he doesn't have much to his game, outside of the goals... however, as I have previous mentioned, I do feel that his unorthodox approach and physicality can unsettle some defenses.  I've seen this in multiple games... is this enough when he's not scoring goals?  Probably not.

Put it this way, Watkins wasn’t scoring but we totally got what he and more importantly collectively as a time we were trying to do.

said elsewhere it turns out disappointingly that us doing that appears to have been a fluke, a coincidence of circumstance.

Then, Sams back and we’re back to aimless hoofball again.  And not very good at that it seems

I thought Logan’s sub was very telling but I didn’t have redtv to see what we did.  Did we dump the back 3 with Leigh at Left Back?

7 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

I suggest we loan him out in January. He's obviously not interested in playing for Aberdeen.

Why on earth would we do that? No value in that whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, Yorston Vasey said:

As far as I can tell, in order to sell he will have to be playing well. If he goes on loan and does well, then his value will swell. We can then sell. I don't think that we should dwell.

Why would any club loan out their top scorer from the last 2 campaigns? 

We won't be loaning him out in January with Watkins still out leaving Main as the only striker (we could extend Edmondson but on current form unlikely). Wright at that point should just be resuming training after the surgery he's having in the next few days.

If he leaves in January it's for a decent fee that allows us to either sign a replacement immediately or bring in a decent loan till the summer and sign up a replacement on a pre-contract for next season