Sam Cosgrove

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do Admiral still exist? 

Might be worth asking them to do a limited run 

Admiral went bankrupt in 1982 after losing kit contracts to Umbro and especially Adidas

They formed a newco and came back in 84. Never really reached the heights of their 70s heyday and the Admiral trademark has been bought and transferred/sold a few times since

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Admiral went bankrupt in 1982 after losing kit contracts to Umbro and especially Adidas

They formed a newco and came back in 84. Never really reached the heights of their 70s heyday and the Admiral trademark has been bought and transferred/sold a few times since

Did you see the documentary about Admiral on ITV2 few years ago.  Was a great watch.

47 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Think he does that one already. I bought the track top in the pic I posted from him - Nae cheap at £60 but it's top notch. 

My mate that runs that page.  The quality is superb.  I've bought about a dozen tops off him - replacement for the shirt and tie now I'm working from home ?

Rumoured that he charges more for certain clubs replicas ?

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Wouldn't it be soooo Derek McInnes if, after selling Cosgrove this window, he goes out and signs Ross Stewart and Marley Watkins; 2 players currently crocked?

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

My mate that runs that page.  The quality is superb.  I've bought about a dozen tops off him - replacement for the shirt and tie now I'm working from home ?

Corcocodile done deek.  Loves crocks.  

16 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye. I was dubious paying that much to a random on Instagram but took a punt and I'm glad I did. 

7 hours ago, Ramandu said:

Looks nice. No badge on the strip in the old days?

There was no club badge, just an admiral badge.

Also, on the actual strip, there were only 4 vertical stripes not 5.

Edit.. Apparently was 5 originally, then 4 for the next 2 seasons.

New een on me. ?

Considering I had een.

Additionally, that Toffs top can GTF with it's rancid butcher's apron on the inside of the neck.

Imagine that resting on the back of your neck. ?

Would require burning off and left traceless before any possibilty of wearing that arose.

27 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Actually now I'm really confused.

I can never remember a 5 striper.

This website said we used it for 76/77.

https://fcfootballcases.com/blog/aberdeen-fc-1976-the-admiral-era/

Then went to 4 stripes for 77/78 & 78/79.

But this Bumper pic skinning Kenny Dalglish is from 76/77 (the LC Final) and clearly it's a 4 striper.

spacer.png

Its all a bit Cruyff 74 World Cup two-stripes...