Sam Cosgrove

On 21/01/2021 at 8:18 PM, muttonhumper said:

He'd have his team mate bubble and his bint I'd imagine.

He'd probably understand the local lingo easier there than when he first came up here! ?

Do you think he is thick?
Being a footballer probably means around 85% chance likelihood, but nae sure wi' him.
Canna recall interviews as such which may reveal such a status.

Well he doesn't like challenging for the ball in the air. That would suggest he's aware of the danger of doing so which is more than most footballers. 

Unfortunately, that also means tactic of launching the ball at him is somewhat flawed. 

We have probably missed the boat in getting a big fee for big Sam.

Shame he didn’t fancy France.

On a scale of Sam the £20k Carlisle player up to the £2.7m accepted bid Sam, he’s regressing back to the Carlisle end of the scale.

2019 he was the £2.7m version, but 2020 & so far in 2021, it’s heading back to what he was when he arrived.

Real shame as the Dons will miss out on a fortune by our standards. 

Bruce Anderson ,had forgotten all about him.Supersub goal against Rangers,but classic Andy Gibson goals galore for the reserves but cannot seem to establish himself in first team.Sam Cosgrove one on one with the goalie this afternoon,no composure.A bit like Darren Mackie.an instinctive form player.And just now,Sam is not on form.Stoke City scout left early !

10 hours ago, graham said:

Bruce Anderson ,had forgotten all about him.Supersub goal against Rangers,but classic Andy Gibson goals galore for the reserves but cannot seem to establish himself in first team.Sam Cosgrove one on one with the goalie this afternoon,no composure.A bit like Darren Mackie.an instinctive form player.And just now,Sam is not on form.Stoke City scout left early !

Just think with Bruce he had to go to ayr and thrive. If we are playing one striker then Bruce chances will be non existent. 

• Like 1

Anderson will be useful when we are chasing a game and pouring folk forward. I would say he contributed, in a way, to the last minute Ferguson winner v St Mirren.

When any game is in the balance he is not going to get the shout and unfortunately I mostly agree with that. Perhaps some games we can start 442 but they'll be few and far between in the next 4 months

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Anderson will be useful when we are chasing a game and pouring folk forward. I would say he contributed, in a way, to the last minute Ferguson winner v St Mirren.

When any game is in the balance he is not going to get the shout and unfortunately I mostly agree with that. Perhaps some games we can start 442 but they'll be few and far between in the next 4 months

The bottom line is, he’s not good enough, it doesn’t matter what formation you play.

He’s a lower league player IMO. 

I expect him to end up at the Cove huns

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The bottom line is, he’s not good enough, it doesn’t matter what formation you play.

He’s a lower league player IMO. 

I expect him to end up at the Cove huns

He's here for four months. As you say, very likely his last four months in full time football. I think he can still contribute. 

Cosgrove was better yesterday. Took his chances like a striker short on confidence but he's been a 1 in 2 striker for us, so I'm not writing him off. 

I like the idea of trying Anderson up there with him. McInnes needs to give that an extended run IMO. If Wright leaves, then yesterday's set up with Anderson in Wright's place is what I'd like to see. 

Wright linked a lot with Kennedy and Hedges but I'd like to think we'd find away to keep getting the best out of those two, while carrying more of a goal threat with having two strikers on the field. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5
9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Cosgrove was better yesterday. Took his chances like a striker short on confidence but he's been a 1 in 2 striker for us, so I'm not writing him off. 

I like the idea of trying Anderson up there with him. McInnes needs to give that an extended run IMO. If Wright leaves, then yesterday's set up with Anderson in Wright's place is what I'd like to see. 

Wright linked a lot with Kennedy and Hedges but I'd like to think we'd find away to keep getting the best out of those two, while carrying more of a goal threat with having two strikers on the field. 

What fucking weirdo -1'd that @Bebo? ?