Sam Cosgrove

Anderson will be useful when we are chasing a game and pouring folk forward. I would say he contributed, in a way, to the last minute Ferguson winner v St Mirren.

When any game is in the balance he is not going to get the shout and unfortunately I mostly agree with that. Perhaps some games we can start 442 but they'll be few and far between in the next 4 months

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Anderson will be useful when we are chasing a game and pouring folk forward. I would say he contributed, in a way, to the last minute Ferguson winner v St Mirren.

When any game is in the balance he is not going to get the shout and unfortunately I mostly agree with that. Perhaps some games we can start 442 but they'll be few and far between in the next 4 months

The bottom line is, he’s not good enough, it doesn’t matter what formation you play.

He’s a lower league player IMO. 

I expect him to end up at the Cove huns

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The bottom line is, he’s not good enough, it doesn’t matter what formation you play.

He’s a lower league player IMO. 

I expect him to end up at the Cove huns

He's here for four months. As you say, very likely his last four months in full time football. I think he can still contribute. 

Cosgrove was better yesterday. Took his chances like a striker short on confidence but he's been a 1 in 2 striker for us, so I'm not writing him off. 

I like the idea of trying Anderson up there with him. McInnes needs to give that an extended run IMO. If Wright leaves, then yesterday's set up with Anderson in Wright's place is what I'd like to see. 

Wright linked a lot with Kennedy and Hedges but I'd like to think we'd find away to keep getting the best out of those two, while carrying more of a goal threat with having two strikers on the field. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5
9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Cosgrove was better yesterday. Took his chances like a striker short on confidence but he's been a 1 in 2 striker for us, so I'm not writing him off. 

I like the idea of trying Anderson up there with him. McInnes needs to give that an extended run IMO. If Wright leaves, then yesterday's set up with Anderson in Wright's place is what I'd like to see. 

Wright linked a lot with Kennedy and Hedges but I'd like to think we'd find away to keep getting the best out of those two, while carrying more of a goal threat with having two strikers on the field. 

What fucking weirdo -1'd that @Bebo? ?

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

He's here for four months. As you say, very likely his last four months in full time football. I think he can still contribute. 

Even Queen's Park have gone essentially full time now they're professional. I don't think Ayr worked out well for either party but a club like Partick or Falkirk might work out for him. I don't think the SPL will be his level but really hope he proves me wrong

I'd take whatever we can for Cosgrove. He's distracted by the attention he's receiving in the media.

Replace him with Ross Stewart who appears to be a near identical player with a little more technical ability and pace. Hopefully we can sign him on a pre-contract. 

Put any potential money towards signing Waktins permanently to replace Main. Offload Anderson and introduce Ruth to the first team next season.

Could duku, shields, or a return of mcmanus do any better if cosgrove could be moved? Or hope to a return to form?

I'd personally go all chips in for a Santiago Gimenez type who could be flipped for a big return. But those moves obviously arent happening. The next raul jimenez imo.

Wish the club had better relations down south so a campana type striker could be sent north instead of overseas to portugal on loan. 

17 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

Could duku, shields, or a return of mcmanus do any better if cosgrove could be moved? Or hope to a return to form?

I'd personally go all chips in for a Santiago Gimenez type who could be flipped for a big return. But those moves obviously arent happening. The next raul jimenez imo.

Wish the club had better relations down south so a campana type striker could be sent north instead of overseas to portugal on loan. 

^^^^^^
At it ?

1 hour ago, CalgaryDon said:

I'd take whatever we can for Cosgrove. He's distracted by the attention he's receiving in the media.

Replace him with Ross Stewart who appears to be a near identical player with a little more technical ability and pace. Hopefully we can sign him on a pre-contract. 

Put any potential money towards signing Waktins permanently to replace Main. Offload Anderson and introduce Ruth to the first team next season.

Ross Stewart hasn’t scored from open play this season & his record before that is poor 

It would be a very poor signing. 

Cosgrove has scored one from open play. 

A penalty. 

And a daisy cutter free kick. 

But he's still better than Stewart. Well at least he was for a while. Who knows if he will ever hit that streak from 2019 again. I very much doubt it unfortunately. 

I'm resigned to us signing Stewart now though. I think it's stick on. If he does sign then good luck to the loon. 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cosgrove has scored one from open play. 

A penalty. 

And a daisy cutter free kick. 

But he's still better than Stewart. Well at least he was for a while. Who knows if he will ever hit that streak from 2019 again. I very much doubt it unfortunately. 

I'm resigned to us signing Stewart now though. I think it's stick on. If he does sign then good luck to the loon. 

As a replacement for Main would be acceptable (ie a back up).

If he’s signed as our first choice centre forward, it would be shite. 

28 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ross Stewart hasn’t scored from open play this season & his record before that is poor 

It would be a very poor signing. 

His scoring record has been poor this season but he's also playing for a poor ross county side. Ross county fans on Pie and  Bovril are admant he's a level above the rest of their squad and would be a very good signing for us. There must be something about him that has drawn the attention of Aberdeen, the edinburgh sides and a host of championship clubs - Stoke being one if the interested parties. 

I also would much rather we looked elsewhere however with the state of our finances i cant see us having the cash to procure someone better. He'd at least be a better alternative to Main.

Cosgrove's replacement can be Watkins.

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

IMO that's a poor shout. I've not seen anything of Anderson to suggest he's got the close control, agility and skill of Scott Wright. As I understand it he's a poacher, and would have to play right up top, probably alongside someone as he's very lightweight, so maybe playing him with Cosgrove isn't a bad shout. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

IMO that's a poor shout. I've not seen anything of Anderson to suggest he's got the close control, agility and skill of Scott Wright. As I understand it he's a poacher, and would have to play right up top, probably alongside someone as he's very lightweight, so maybe playing him with Cosgrove isn't a bad shout. 

You disagree then agree. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

As a replacement for Main would be acceptable (ie a back up).

If he’s signed as our first choice centre forward, it would be shite. 

I totally get it when folk judge a striker on their scoring record, but the reality is, if a striker in the Scottish Premiership has a good goal scoring record, and are talented, they'll be joining the old firm or moving to England. The fee commanded will be far too high for us to pay out, 9 times out of 10. 

Aberdeen, unfortunately, are confined to shopping in the market of diamonds in the rough like Cosgrove, or players with a proven goalscoring record at our level in years gone by, but have gone off the boil ie Rooney, May, Goodwillie etc. 

Just one of those things, we'll never have the money to sign a striker who's going to be ready made to walk in the side and start scoring goals, it's not realistic. 

From what I've seen of Stewart he strikes me as a more mobile Sam Cosgrove, potentially with better feet and a better brain. 

I still would rather we got Watkins back. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You disagree then agree. 

No, I disagree in playing him where Wrights been playing, but I'm not opposed to the idea of him playing in a 2 with Cosgrove. I couldn't see Anderson being effective in Scott Wrights role as he doesn't have the same amount of natural ability. 

8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yeah, he is an idiot

Should have stuck with the part that said Anderson is nothing like wright

Explained my position above. 

Obsessed much? X