Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Sam Cosgrove

51 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Is £300k not ludicrous though?

He's not even performing at the level of a £300k striker right now. 

But we know he's capable of 25 goals a season, given the right service and the right state of mind. And that's a £3million striker to a Championship club

Fuck knows what Wednesday were willing to pay but it sounds like they're trying it on. I want him out as he''s just a toxic presence but we can't allow ourselves to be bullied into selling players cut price to shite from the English second level

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Is £300k not ludicrous though?

Yup. Anyone who thinks we should sell a striker whos scored as frequently as he has for £300k needs to get a grip.

He's under performing at the minute but there were signs of improvement on Saturday. We know he can perform at this level and will get back to his best if given a proper run. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yup. Anyone who thinks we should sell a striker whos scored as frequently as he has for £300k needs to get a grip.

He's performing at the minute but there were signs of improvement on Saturday. We know he can perform at this level and will get back to his best if given a proper run. 

Spot on.

Wonder if the huns are talking about accepting a few hundred grand for Freddo given the fat cunts barely scored this season. Wouldn't think so

The old saying is "you never get a second chance to make a first impression".

Thought Cosgrove was a donkey the first time I watched him and as of Saturday's game still think he is a donkey.

Yes he has scored a few goals in between, including a few from the spot.

But, when all things are considered, if you take away the goals, he's a man short most games.

Any offer close to £1m, with add ons, should be grabbed now, before he permanently retains that donkey form.

5 minutes ago, slippers said:

2.7m was undervalued at time but would take that now based on form. Hoping he can go on a run of 2/3 games before end of window as both the club and player would benefit from moving on. 

Would rather lose him for nothing than accept a few 100k. 

Would still have been a good deal, even more so given his injury and how his form has fallen off a cliff. Best option is to try and sell in the summer, he's a decent ish goal scorer and can hold the ball up well enough. Take away those and he's often a waste of a shirt. Rather we get something for him than maybe lose him for nothing in a year and a bit

8 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Would still have been a good deal, even more so given his injury and how his form has fallen off a cliff. Best option is to try and sell in the summer, he's a decent ish goal scorer and can hold the ball up well enough. Take away those and he's often a waste of a shirt. Rather we get something for him than maybe lose him for nothing in a year and a bit

Yeah knowing what’s happened now. But you can see his heads been turned. His application isn’t there like it was. 

As a club we have to start selling our key players for millions to start a chain reaction or we will forever be struggling to break the million bracket. Virus hasn’t helped but teams in England will still spend a couple million on striker if it gets them promoted or saves them from relegation. 

Hope the clubs ready as we are sure to get some low ball offers at end of window. Surely have someone in mind if he does go?

56 minutes ago, slippers said:

2.7m was undervalued at time but would take that now based on form. Hoping he can go on a run of 2/3 games before end of window as both the club and player would benefit from moving on. 

Would rather lose him for nothing than accept a few 100k. 

I dont get why we dont just go back to 4-2-3-1 which clearly worked for Cosgrove. The back 3 worked for Watkins but he hasnt played for about 3 months and we've been honking ever since.

7 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I see it's due to FFP rules that shef Wed didn't follow through on the bid...

I've been having a quick scan around to see what rules pertain to the Championship regarding this.

Can't see any strict budget limits to their squads like are in force in EFL1/2. More seems to be about profit and sustainability.....apparently clubs in the Championship have to publish evidence before 30th June each year that proves they haven't lost more than a total of £39million over the previous 3 seasons. Some have blatantly breached those rules  but have got round them by selling their stadia and leasing them back from their new owners. Derby, Reading and surprise surprise....Sheff Wed have went down this route. 

Hope the cheating hoors get relegated

13 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I dont get why we dont just go back to 4-2-3-1 which clearly worked for Cosgrove. The back 3 worked for Watkins but he hasnt played for about 3 months and we've been honking ever since.

We played 4-2-3-1 v Well last Saturday, that’s why Hoban was overlapping Hedges on the right and Hayes was overlapping Kennedy on the left, and that was even before Polworth got sent off 

Granted, Pep McInnes alters the format during games but that’s how I viewed the formation right from the KO

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I've been having a quick scan around to see what rules pertain to the Championship regarding this.

Can't see any strict budget limits to their squads like are in force in EFL1/2. More seems to be about profit and sustainability.....apparently clubs in the Championship have to publish evidence before 30th June each year that proves they haven't lost more than a total of £39million over the previous 3 seasons. Some have blatantly breached those rules  but have got round them by selling their stadia and leasing them back from their new owners. Derby, Reading and surprise surprise....Sheff Wed have went down this route. 

Hope the cheating hoors get relegated

That will all come back to bite them. We're derby not paying something like 120% of their turnover as wages recently !?

was more 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-championship-wages-compared-4031090.amp

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

We played 4-2-3-1 v Well last Saturday, that’s why Hoban was overlapping Hedges on the right and Hayes was overlapping Kennedy on the left, and that was even before Polworth got sent off 

Granted, Pep McInnes alters the format during games but that’s how I viewed the formation right from the KO

I viewed it as

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine

Hedges Ojo Ferguson Hayes

Wright Cosgrove Kennedy

17 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye I didnt watch a second of it but still feel my opinion is more important and valid than anyone elses

Ive turned into a proper AFC-chat'r

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

He's under performing at the minute but there were signs of improvement on Saturday. We know he can perform at this level and will get back to his best if given a proper run. 

Agree with this, misread the questions beforehand.

We got offered 2.7 million not that long ago for Cosgrove. He is undoubtedly an effective striker , proven by his fantastic scoring record during his time with us.

I never understand the hate towards him.

The fact we have now pushed Sheffield Wednesday is a sign Championship clubs are looking at him and interested in signing him.

No idea what we asked for from Sheffield Wednesday but I would hope it was no less than 2 million with add ons.

25 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Why is it that Aberdeen seem to let players go for peanuts, and hardly ever make big money, who runs the wheeling and dealing side, Micky Mouse and Donald Duck.   

You think every player we have is shite judging by your doom and gloom posts , so this point goes against your constant pish (even if the central point is true).