Sam Cosgrove

1 minute ago, starryfish said:

His best run of form, I think, was when he had Stevie May alongside him working his socks off and creating space for Cosgrove. Unfortunately I don’t think we have such a player in the squad right now who could do the job that May done

We just can't afford to have a striker who relies wholly on service and expects others to do the work for him. 

You can't press high and dominate midfield with a passenger up front.

Football tactics evolve and the big lone unit up front is now an old fashioned look. 

28 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We just can't afford to have a striker who relies wholly on service and expects others to do the work for him. 

You can't press high and dominate midfield with a passenger up front.

Football tactics evolve and the big lone unit up front is now an old fashioned look. 

Correct.

If you are encouraging the team to press high, then the centre forward leads that.

Watkins did it very well. Wright & Hedges just in behind.

Its gone tits up since Watkins & Wright got injured. 
We’ve become slow & laboured like we were before the lockdown.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
3 hours ago, starryfish said:

His best run of form, I think, was when he had Stevie May alongside him working his socks off and creating space for Cosgrove. Unfortunately I don’t think we have such a player in the squad right now who could do the job that May done

Exactly the reason at the time I said it really didn't bother me much at all if May only scored 5 goals per season if he was working in tandem with Cosgrove to allow Cosgrove to score 20 plus per season. 

I still think we allowed May to leave too soon and too easily (fuck subsiding his his St J  wages). He was excellent today against Celtic, pressing their back line continuously,

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

The first comment is mine, the one about “I’d question whether he’s Championship standard let alone EPL”

They've also added another of my comments but got it completely wrong. The comment about “a centre half converted to a centre forward and it shows  - that was my comment on Ryan Edmondson 

As of Dec 1 Ronaldo Damus is out of contract. With 21 goals and 7 assists in the usl this would be the best shoestring budget replacement I can think of. The Hiatian international is only 21. 

This would take the sting out of losing the only real hope for goal scoring at the forward. IF he is sold.

The last few matches have been depressing. 

1 hour ago, PondHopper said:

Well said Karen

Il help you out pond hopper 

so it’s the pitch not the field 

In the six (nope) play within the six yard box

on frame meaning on target

zero zero is not a score it’s nil nil here

a clean sheet is not called a shut out

Cleats isn’t the right term for football boots either

its a game of football not a match

heres a sentence constructed by an American sports journalist—ready

its still a shut out but barco bursts into the 18,hits a shot on frame,in the wheelhouse but it goes out of bounds,there must be something wrong with his cleats

what the fuck does that mean?

theres a reason Americans have there own sports and should stick with them ??

I am not joking when I say this lad needs to buck up his attitude and work rate. Its been mentioned before but the down turn in our results has a lot to do with Watkins disapearing and Cosgrove coming back. I really want Cosgrove to succeed but for me I would be happy to see him out this team and allow the guys that can play proper football without falling over and can work hard to take this team forward 

8 minutes ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

I am not joking when I say this lad needs to buck up his attitude and work rate. Its been mentioned before but the down turn in our results has a lot to do with Watkins disapearing and Cosgrove coming back. I really want Cosgrove to succeed but for me I would be happy to see him out this team and allow the guys that can play proper football without falling over and can work hard to take this team forward 

I normally stick up for Cosgrove but since he came back i'v got to agree with you about his attitude and work rate.

Obviously Mcinnes has seen it as well pulling him off at H/T in the last 2 games.

6 hours ago, Joe pike said:

I normally stick up for Cosgrove but since he came back i'v got to agree with you about his attitude and work rate.

Obviously Mcinnes has seen it as well pulling him off at H/T in the last 2 games.

Well if that doesn’t get him going, I’m not sure what will. Not sure I’d want McInnes doing it though. 

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

quick check of the internet shows Liam Lindsay still isnt getting in the team down there. Take him on an 18 month loan

Not a bad shout. I'd just take him permanently and tell Stoke to knock £300k off Cosgrove's fee

Solves the left side of central defence (assuming Considine becomes cover from next season)