Sam Cosgrove

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I wouldn’t get too hopeful.

Stoke paid £2m up front for Liam Lindsay just 18 months ago..

They’ll want a good lot more than £300k for him. 

Wasn't bought by O'Neill though. Who clearly doesn't rate him.

I think they'd just be happy to get him off their books and free up a wage. They're definitely not going to get anywhere near what they paid for him. I'd guess they'd ask £500k if we were just wanting a straight cash deal. But as a makeweight in a player plus cash deal I reckon we'd get away with £300k. 

No matter what though.....I want Cosgrove gone asap. He's toxic to the club with his attitude the past few months

2 hours ago, pocrawred said:

If any scout recommended paying money for Cosgrove after watching him this season then they  should be sacked immediately.

No way has Cosgrove given 100% lately which is strange considering he wants to go.

Cosgrove of last season is a different matter as at times he looked unplayable but after missing the boat with the French bid we will never see a bid anything like that again.

£1.25m for Cosnaegoals with Lindsay coming the other way.

However, reflecting on previous window dealings, might be much less.

(Offered £7m for McKenna one window sold for £3m at a later date. Offered £2.7m for Cosgrove one window........).

Not just scouting department that needs a shake up, would have a look at commercial too?

6 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

(Offered £7m for McKenna one window sold for £3m at a later date. Offered £2.7m for Cosgrove one window........).

Not just scouting department that needs a shake up, would have a look at commercial too?

That 7m is bullshit because it was a loan with an option to buy, not a guarantee. They also accepted the 2.7m so not much the club can do if the player then rejects the move.

26 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Lolz how should we have forced cosgrove to move to France ?

33 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Can't blame the club for this one. We were very pubic in accepting the offer.

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

What else could they have done differently with Cosgrove,  bearing in mind they accepted the offer?

Fair point re Cosgrove.

Still reckon we have lost out financially with McKenna unless he gets snapped up by EPL side in summer and we benefit from sell on clause.

Concerned that DM's staleness will effect potential sale prices of Ferguson etc in future.

1 hour ago, 1903Fitba said:

McKenna is absolutely strolling that league. I see no reason why Cosgrove can’t (presuming Stoke create more chances than we do) 

Take anything over 1.5 Million + clauses. 

Take 2.5 plus clauses. Was the price to France not 2.7 and big clauses because they had history of selling players on for large amounts so we could of got a lot more than 2.7 

59 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Cosgrove is in poor form but fuck me, Livingston got 2 million for Lyndon Dykes. He is no better, not even as good... surely we can get at least that from someone?

What a pile of shite. Dykes is light years ahead of Cosgrove as a footballer

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Cosgrove is in poor form but fuck me, Livingston got 2 million for Lyndon Dykes. He is no better, not even as good... surely we can get at least that from someone?

Dykes is an International and is far better than Cosgrove in regards to his all round game

22 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

What a pile of shite. Dykes is light years ahead of Cosgrove as a footballer

Disagree personally. But... I can understand why others may think it. They are fairly similar. But if this time last year we sold Cosgrove and replaced him with Dykes everyone would be absolutely repulsed. It's just the current mood... and we are a fickle bunch. Nobody was overly impressed with Dykes at Livingston and he's hardly set the Championship alight. He just had a couple good games and put himself about in a few good overall Scotland performances. 

Dykes is a good player though. Light years ahead of Cosgrove? Not for me

3 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Dykes is an International and is far better than Cosgrove in regards to his all round game

Dykes is a Scotland international getting a game in one of our weakest positions. Recent caps in that position include Eamann Brophy. Can't see Cosgrove getting a game ahead of Harry Kane so that is a lazy comparison.... Laurent D'Jaffo was an international 

• Upvote 4
9 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Disagree personally. But... I can understand why others may think it. They are fairly similar. But if this time last year we sold Cosgrove and replaced him with Dykes everyone would be absolutely repulsed. It's just the current mood... and we are a fickle bunch. Nobody was overly impressed with Dykes at Livingston and he's hardly set the Championship alight. He just had a couple good games and put himself about in a few good overall Scotland performances. 

Dykes is a Scotland international getting a game in one of our weakest positions. Recent caps in that position include Eamann Brophy. Can't see Cosgrove getting a game ahead of Harry Kane so that is a lazy comparison.... Laurent D'Jaffo was an international 

Would you swap Shankland for Cosgrove ?

31 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I agree last year.

Right now it's clear that Dykes is miles better.

30 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ability wise Dykes is light years ahead of Cosgrove. Same with work rate. 

Cosgrove more of a goal threat though. 

Light years again... where is this coming from?

On one thread you see Dons fans saying the English championship is crap. On another we are hailing a footballing god who has scored 5 goals and had 1 assist in 21 odd games. 2 goals in 7 caps for Scotland and was useless when we needed him against the UEFA powerhouse Israel.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Light years again... where is this coming from?

On one thread you see Dons fans saying the English championship is crap. On another we are hailing a footballing god who has scored 5 goals and had 1 assist in 21 odd games. 2 goals in 7 caps for Scotland and was useless when we needed him against the UEFA powerhouse Israel.

Or conversely we are saying that as an all round footballer.............Cosgrove is a pile of poop

He can finish chances when set up. But other than that his contribution to the team effort is a big old nothing. That said....there will always be a few teams willing to accept pure finishers and pay handsomely for their services. 

Dykes is mobile, he runs until he drops closing down defenders, can control a ball, good in the air and has a football brain. Would QPR be willing to do a straight swap Cosgrove for Dykes? You can bet your bottom dollar they wouldn't