Documentaries Thread

mcdougall(4)

7 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Pete Doherty doesn’t look like he’s got long left. If it’s not the droogs it’ll be the heart attack/diabetes/obesity that finally catches up to him. Him and Carl both look haunted souls nowadays. 

Carl looked the worst of the two on that, a complete wreck. Pete will probably die of gout. He’d like that.

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Carl looked the worst of the two on that, a complete wreck. Pete will probably die of gout. He’d like that.

Stuck in the 00/10s, longing for what could have been. Very weird dynamics between the pair as well, not sure they’re truly mates but they both need each other to keep the Libertines still (slightly) relevant. Looks strictly business nowadays. Carl was always a cunt for breaking up the Cooper Temple Clause, anyways. 

11 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

no. just laffin @ tv stuff

Aye we got it...

Back to your crayons.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:15 PM, Bluto10 said:

Documentaries

LOL

I watch a documentary a week

On 3/18/2019 at 9:07 AM, Bluto10 said:

On 8/15/2019 at 4:42 PM, Bluto10 said:

watch a documentary a week

On 9/9/2019 at 3:31 PM, Bluto10 said:

On 2/22/2021 at 9:07 PM, Bluto10 said:

watch a documentary a week

On 4/7/2021 at 7:09 PM, Bluto10 said:

saw a doc (?) recently about free climbing

not sure what to make of the sport. clearly it looks scary and is a tough physical workout but it’s obviously not as impossible as it looks

On 11/20/2023 at 8:33 PM, Roberto said:

I found it on C4 (had to setup a login).

Very very interesting.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/pete-doherty-who-killed-my-son

Cheers, missed this one at the time... Will give it a watch.

The main pair from the Libertines had/have some talent.  But the drugs took a big hold of them.  Proper vegetables now.  Pete looks like more like Pavarotti these days.

39 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Cheers, missed this one at the time... Will give it a watch.

The main pair from the Libertines had/have some talent.  But the drugs took a big hold of them.  Proper vegetables now.  Pete looks like more like Pavarotti these days.

He's a dodgy bastard. If he last another 3 years I'll be stunned. 

Constantly had a fag in his moo in the LT documentary. Boys on his way out and deep down probably knows it.

Fuck with heroin you fuck with your life.

Although a good watch, find him evasive and dodgy/lying bastard.

• Upvote 1

Is there going to be a docu on Aberdeen winning the Super Cup next month? I'm sure I heard that somewhere around the time of the Cup Winner's Cup docu. Beating the great Ernst Happel's Hamburg was some achievement. There needs to be a docu on Happel, talk about a powerful story. Survived World War 2 as a conscripted Austrian Hitler Youth member who refused to salute or sing the retarded Nazi songs, escaped from the Yanks by jumping off a train, walked back to Austria to find his family all dead and just laced up his boots and went on to be one of the greatest managers ever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Happel#Manager

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 3:10 AM, For Fecks Sake said:

Turning Point - The Bomb and the Cold War.

On Netflix, brilliant series charting the Cold War from it's very beginning right up to the present day and Putin.

Watching the first ep now, good stuff.

Had never realised that the yanks didn’t give a fuck about the locals when testing the bomb. Appalling.