Scott Wright

What is the deal here? I find it hard to believe that this isn't a bigger talking point. McInnes stated that Wright was going to be a massive part of the squad in the New Year and yet he has not been seen since. Not even making matchday squads anymore with no word of an injury either as far as I am aware.

I think McInnes has mismanaged this boy and hung him out to dry on a few occasions with his misuse of him. He seems to have a ridiculous amount of talent and certain attributes which I don't think we can afford to be passing up on given how shite we have been all year. He has the urgency, balls, rapid pace and ability to beat a man which others do not.

What I'm curious to know is do people share the same optimism I do about the young lad or is he just not good enough?

• Upvote 1

He doesn't need a loan spell. He is more than good enough as it is. GMS is a soft lad who's entire career has been dependent on every fourth game being one where he doesn't look like a completely ineffectual fud. When he doesn't have his fourth game, he is a complete and utter passenger.

I appreciate we maybe aren't in poll position to sign playes who have GMS' quality (on his fourth game) who are consistently turning in performances, but he genuinely offers NOTHING when he isn't playing well.

Scott Wright is younger, fitter, runs faster, dribbles faster and generally looks a but more intense and like he always want to affect a game. Posters will say he had chances early doors this season and never took them, particularly the Killie game where he was terrible. But he was no different to anyone else that day.. Logan for example, who was horrendous and on the basis of this season isn't really very good in general.

He doesn't need a loan spell. He is more than good enough as it is. GMS is a soft lad who's entire career has been dependent on every fourth game being one where he doesn't look like a completely ineffectual fud. When he doesn't have his fourth game, he is a complete and utter passenger.

I appreciate we maybe aren't in poll position to sign playes who have GMS' quality (on his fourth game) who are consistently turning in performances, but he genuinely offers NOTHING when he isn't playing well.

Scott Wright is younger, fitter, runs faster, dribbles faster and generally looks a but more intense and like he always want to affect a game. Posters will say he had chances early doors this season and never took them, particularly the Killie game where he was terrible. But he was no different to anyone else that day.. Logan for example, who was horrendous and on the basis of this season isn't really very good in general.

Players generally offer nothing when they play poor. Null point.

GMS and McGinn have been in fine form bar the Hibs game and thats more down to Mcinnes poor management.

More worrying is how Fat boy Stewart gets on the bench before Wright does.

Not sure it is a null point. Shinnie has played poorly all season but still offers... something.

GMS looks like a lost boy on his bad games.

But yeah, maybe not the best time to bring up Wright starting, but why on Earth is "G-Stew" getting on the bench ahead of a local loon who's young, a Don, has a long contract and who in all honesty is probably more talented... than a wee porker who's on loan for a few more months and can't even get a game anyway?

He also started v Rangers and turned in one of the most inept performances in recent memory.
  • Downvote 2

grow up would ya

you moan about the quality of discourse and then you come out with that

poor

Your discourse was an entire sentence. Your first one of substance in a while. Didn't realise you were so sensitive, Ethel.

I'm definitely in the camp of probably thinking he's better than he actually is but there is definitely a lot of talent there that needs to be managed properly. It's surely farcical that both Maynard and Stewart who are likely to be punted are more deserving of a place on the bench and the odd ten minutes here and there instead of Wright - who will be here for the long term.

He also started v Rangers and turned in one of the most inept performances in recent memory.

In fairness, he was brought in from the cold that day. Think it was his first start for over a month from memory. McInnes has a tendency to do this and just expect players to hit the ground running. Chidi was another example last week and we'll no doubt get the likes of Stewart or Reynolds pitched in on Sunday after weeks of inactivity.

• Upvote 1

I reckon he's a lot like GMS, a confidence player.

Like most players he'll likely need a run of games to get up to speed and form, not 1 game here, 4 on the bench, then 5 mins at the end of the next game, then back to the bench, then back in the starting lineup for 1 game etc

He's probably suffering from McInnes constant rotation as much as anything.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...