Scott Wright

3 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Or he’s thinking he picks up top wages for doing next to fuck all if he just sits on the bench, and he gets a league winners medal if he plays enough times.

He also has more chance of a move to a better club in England as an “Old Firm” player as we all know they hype them up to fuck.

Maybe so. 

In any case, I 100% hope it doesn't work out for him.

2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Ok McCrorie and perhaps other young hungry players are an exception to what i said. I actually meant money would be better than the pish that has been rumoured to have been offered; Stewart and Jones can get to fuck. 

It makes more sense for them to offer a player. Jones' contract runs longer than GStews, so I imagine it would be Greg who is offered to us. Failing that, a nominal sum of about 50K would probably work, or 50K off the McCrorie deal, as many have speculated.

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It makes more sense for them to offer a player. Jones' contract runs longer than GStews, so I imagine it would be Greg who is offered to us. Failing that, a nominal sum of about 50K would probably work, or 50K off the McCrorie deal, as many have speculated.

Surely we are due more in compensation than 50k? I would expect the majority of the mccrorie fee to be wiped.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Apparently, according to one fucking arsehole on here, you’re not allowed to express those feelings. 

Westie, ma loon, you give a fuck too much about phit other folk think. This place is like Twitter, zero policing and you can just speak a blether of shite all day, as I do.

Chill min, I don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks of my opinions, post what you want, dinna even engage with that Millertime poof, as it winds him up like fuck when he gets zero reaction.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Point I'm making is, it's only mid Jan, he's got another 6 months to do what Shinnie did and asses all options, but he's jumped at the Sevco offer at the very first opportunity, which makes him a CUNT

He's a boy made of balsa wood who's barely played due to injury the last few years. In these COVID times when clubs finances are taking a hit and players are being asked to take wage cuts and loads will be finding themselves out of contract and not in a strong position to get deals like they used to I'd say he should be jumping at the chance to increase his wages multiple fold. Couldn't blame him in all honesty, he might have a short career.

He's nae leaving here to to an integral part of their team like Ryan Jack, as many have said he'll be a bench warmer at best who gets released in a couple of years.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Millertime said:

Another classic example of you chastising one and praising the other, when 2 people do the exact same thing

You're a genuine idiot

It's almost as if things can be nuanced. 

Where are two people doing the exact same thing? 

You have the brain of a teenager.

20 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Westie, ma loon, you give a fuck too much about phit other folk think. This place is like Twitter, zero policing and you can just speak a blether of shite all day, as I do.

Chill min, I don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks of my opinions, post what you want, dinna even engage with that Millertime poof, as it winds him up like fuck when he gets zero reaction.

I agree.

And it wasn’t him. 

19 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Another classic example of you chastising one and praising the other, when 2 people do the exact same thing

You're a genuine idiot

Play for Aberdeen = good.

Play for the huns = bad.

It's simple really. That's football fans the world over. 

22 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Surely we are due more in compensation than 50k? I would expect the majority of the mccrorie fee to be wiped.

We will be.

He’s been on Aberdeen’s books for 12 years, including the youth set up. 

The huns can poke any derisory offer.

We can take our chances at a tribunal.

We had to pay £210k for a relatively unknown 18 year old Lewis Ferguson. 

1 minute ago, Dynamo said:

Play for Aberdeen = good.

Play for the huns = bad.

It's simple really. That's football fans the world over. 

That's the crux of it. 

No football fan would claim to be rational when it comes to their team.

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We will be.

Aye based on those figures I would expect the majority of the McCrorie £350k to be wiped, if not all of it.

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

That's the crux of it. 

No football fan would claim to be rational when it comes to their team.

Aye but it's Scott Wright.  It's not like Figo moving from Barcelona to Real Madrid.  You're being a bit of a drama queen. 

He's not even the best Wright to move from Aberdeen to the Huns. He'll be a footnote in Aberdeen's history. 

39 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Or he’s thinking he picks up top wages for doing next to fuck all if he just sits on the bench, and he gets a league winners medal if he plays enough times.

He also has more chance of a move to a better club in England as an “Old Firm” player as we all know they hype them up to fuck.

Maybe he's a confident boy who is backing himself to do well there? 

I don't think he will but he strikes me as the confident type. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but it's Scott Wright.  It's not like Figo moving from Barcelona to Real Madrid.  You're being a bit of a drama queen. 

He's not even the best Wright to move from Aberdeen to the Huns. He'll be a footnote in Aberdeen's history. 

I explained in a post to Del Monte the reasons why people might be a bit annoyed by this. 

What annoys me more is the supposed Aberdeen fan even thinking of pulling on that shirt. 

What annoys me even more than that is the fact we'll probably end up with some disgusting hun cunt like Greg Stewart. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Comparing apples with apples, Frank Ross was by far the better of the two. And he IS a Hun. Injury just got the better of him.

Wright is too much of a nice boy to make it to the top, at a pressurised cesspit like Sevco. Like Doug Bell, infection with hunnery will no doubt alter his personality, you’ll no doubt see him become a dirty cunt, but he will never cope with a packed Pittodrie next season, he will melt.

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Maybe he's a confident boy who is backing himself to do well there? 

I don't think he will but he strikes me as the confident type. 

I’ve nae doubt he is thinking that if they want him there.
I just meant if it doesn’t work out for him, at least he can pick up more money and possibly a league winners medal

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We will be.

He can move at the end of the season without a development fee 

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Comparing apples with apples, Frank Ross was by far the better of the two. And he IS a Hun. Injury just got the better of him.

Wright is too much of a nice boy to make it to the top, at a pressurised cesspit like Sevco. Like Doug Bell, infection with hunnery will no doubt alter his personality but he will never cope with a packed Pittodrie next season, he will melt.

The most annoying bit is that there aren't too many proper creative footballers here at Aberdeen in attacking positions. 

So losing someone who can play a bit will be a pain in the arse if he isn't replaced by a similar type. 

Compensation
F3 Compensation shall be payable to the former Club of a Player only where the Player concerned is Registered with his new Club at or before the end of the first Season in which the Player concerned reaches, will reach or shall have reached the age of 23.

A fee would only be applicable if he moves this window.

‘After the season ends, he’s free to move on without any development fee due to the Dons

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What you need to realise, pronto, is that your hatred for them is not reciprocated by our club, or even as it appears, your "own" aberdonian players 

I do realise this. 

Doesn't change my hatred for them, which goes beyond football. A horrendous institution head to toe. 

54 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I run the risk of repeating myself, but that hasn't stopped me before. 

I think the reason some fans might be so annoyed by this, is we're all sitting at home on the weekends, during a pandemic, watching AFC play absolutely horrible football. The club fans hate the most, the Huns, are absolutely coasting the league. Thats fine, they have the best side, we just have to sit and take it. However, when you chuck in the fact one of our few bright sparks, Scott Wright is looking to leave to the Huns, it adds in frustration on a few levels:

1.) Its likely we'll end up with some uber hun reject like Jones, or Stewart.

2.) If he doesn't go this month we'll probably end up having to watch a Rangers bound player for the rest of the season. 

3.) Should this player actually leave this month, it takes a considerable amount of pace out the side, which doesn't suggest we're going to get any better to watch. 

4.) Wright is an Aberdonian and self proclaimed Aberdeen fan, its only natural Aberdonians who support their local would be disgusted by his actions. 

So, I don't think its "oh no not Scott Wright" I think its more where we find ourselves as a team/club at this moment in time, and this transfer will only add to the frustration and apathy many are feeling just now.

Over dramatic crap. 

We play shite football etc agree with all that bit.

However this isn’t a Ryan Jack situation. We are losing a player who has been a first team player for 5 minutes (even then he’s suspect to one good game in 5). Ryan Jack was a key member of our team going to them and was a blow.

We do have troubles as a club but losing (I’ll also repeat myself) SCOTT FUCKING WRIGHT isn’t one of them.

• Downvote 2
5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Over dramatic crap. 

However this isn’t a Ryan Jack situation. We are losing a player who has been a first team player for 5 minutes (even then he’s suspect to one good game in 5). Ryan Jack was a key member of our team going to them and was a blow.

We do have troubles as a club but losing (I’ll also repeat myself) SCOTT FUCKING WRIGHT isn’t one of them.

I think it's more as he's starting to show promise he's off. 

It's not about losing someone who gave a lot to the club, it's someone who could have gave us a lot. 

Scott Wright has been in our top 3 performers when he's played this season. If you think were crap to watch now, wait til he goes. 

7 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Over dramatic crap. 

Agree with most of that but was Jack fuck a key member of our team. Our results improved when the little faggot was injured or suspended