Scott Wright

Great to see Scott doing well so far and as been said this loan should have happened last season. This will be very beneficial to him and I hope will give him the push to make himself an integral part of the starting 11 next season. When he played in the number 10 role in the St Mirren cup game he looked so comfortable and seemed to be his best position

I think we’ll probably end up finding out that bottom half SPFL is about Wright’s level.

This loan has come a season or 2 too late for him.

Scott Wright has the natural ability to play for Aberdeen. It's the physicality, consistency and confidence that need brought up - all of which can happen when out on loan. 

In his first four games, he's netted twice and provided at least one assist from what I can see in match highlights. That's for a team that is complete horse and struggling at the wrong end of the table. So far he's gone there and impacted games, so it's positive signs for me. 

He's never been given a good run of games under McInnes, which is what he needs. His ability to keep a hold of the ball when defenders come at him is genuinely impressive. There's a player there. He just hasn't been given enough of a chance thus far. 

I think we’ll probably end up finding out that bottom half SPFL is about Wright’s level.

This loan has come a season or 2 too late for him.

That doesn't make any sense...so you're saying if he plays for us against the same bottom five teams (and Dundee), he won't be as good as if he plays against those teams for Dundee who are shit?

Maybe he does better when he's the better player?  I dunno, I'm going on the assumption that life is unpredictable chaos and nobody can predict the exact outcome of a football game, due to the considerable number of variables.

That doesn't make any sense...so you're saying if he plays for us against the same bottom five teams (and Dundee), he won't be as good as if he plays against those teams for Dundee who are shit?

Maybe he does better when he's the better player?  I dunno, I'm going on the assumption that life is unpredictable chaos and nobody can predict the exact outcome of a football game, due to the considerable number of variables.

Aye. Playing, and scoring, against the same sides that Aberdeen play = found his level. You could argue that if he's doing well with lesser players around him, that's more impressive.  It took Kenny McLean a while to get used to not being the main man at Aberdeen, compared with St Mirren. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Still early days, but still thought he average last night.

The newer guys in the team showed up better than he did which is pretty damning as they won't know their team mates as well.

I'd cut our losses on the lad and see if there are any takers. Would free up a wage and we're pretty well covered for wide players anyway.

Would he even be earning that much to make a difference?

Still early days, but still thought he average last night.

The newer guys in the team showed up better than he did which is pretty damning as they won't know their team mates as well.

I'd cut our losses on the lad and see if there are any takers. Would free up a wage and we're pretty well covered for wide players anyway.

Shows how much you know. (Fuck all)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jesus Christ lads he’s 21 for fuck sake

Gallagher is 23 never played first team football before, McKenna was 21 when he broke into our team?

Pawlett was loaned out around the same age and came back ace

He’s obviously got talent, I genuinely thought he was okay last night.. by no means shite but didn’t excel like others have mentioned - to cut our losses is stupid

Frank Ross is 22 and played like 5 first team games.. scotty is a confidence player I reckon and get him thinking he’s good he will be good I think. Down to mcinnes and docs man management of him

• Upvote 2

Generally baffled that quite a lot of fans, think he was excellent last night. I don’t

Another missed opportunity for him, was my take on last night. He was ok that's about it.

generally baffled that people thought he had a poor game last night!? Only player that had a poor game last night was Cosgrove I thought.
  • Upvote 2