Where Are They Now - Non Don Edition

Can remember a few posters on here being awfully sure Jack ross would do the business at Sunderland. @@Millertime for one

that'll be him sacked by halloween now if not the next week or two

I was one of the one against us going for him.

Potentially will make a very decent manager one day, but Sunderland was far too big a club for someone as inexperienced as him to be managing. And likewise I think Aberdeen would have been too early for him.

Kilmarnock would be a good move though if Sunderland punt him. Have stuck a fiver on it.

Delighted that Sunderland have stayed down

Had they gone up, they would have brought in a load of new talent to bolster their survival prospects in the Championship and tried to offload the deadwood. Hopefully now their budget is cut and have to go with pretty much what they've got. And lessens the risk of McInnes taking that absolute dud McGeouch on loan. Couldn't get in to a shite side all season yet there's still some roasters on this site advocating we get him onboard

James Maddison was a clearly a very good player when he was here, but his work rate wasn't great and i'm pretty sure his game has come on leaps and bounds since moving to Leicester. 

I think we handled him as well as we could. He wasn't going to be a superstar here whilst being kicked around the shop, diving around and having shite around him who weren't even close to being on his wavelength.  

Probably could have invested more time playing him as a central attacking midfielder aye.

Playing him as a winger in the league cup final was cringe

Except he wasn’t really played as a winger in that final. Not in the sense that he stuck close to the touchline. He drifted out to the touchline occasionally , but for the most part he played sort of between centre midfield and left wing , so he should have been able to contribute to our attacking play just about as much from that role as he would have from a more central position.

James Maddison was a clearly a very good player when he was here, but his work rate wasn't great and i'm pretty sure his game has come on leaps and bounds since moving to Leicester. 

I think we handled him as well as we could. He wasn't going to be a superstar here whilst being kicked around the shop, diving around and having shite around him who weren't even close to being on his wavelength.

Correct. He flattered to deceive in a lot of games for us. No doubting he was a talented player but he was still a raw talent and the loan certainly benefited him greatly as look at where he is now. For all the negativity aimed towards McInnes he deserves a lot of credit for the Maddison loan