The Mckenna Dilemma

2 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

So 7.5 million then because he fits your criteria

Tbf he does have a bit of a point. Oli fucking Burke just went to Sheff U for £15million. Different position I know....but although I don't think McKenna is anything special, he's a level above what Burke was/is/ever will be. There's total shite going for double even that figure....shite that wouldn't even have got a place on our bench in the glory years. 

Sadly covid has fucked up our finances and we really have no option but to accept any sort of reasonable bid for our players. £3million is the rumoured fee and whilst I'd say that is probably a million short of his true value...we will take it and put an end to any financial worries for the rest of this season. A reasonable percentage of any future fee will mitigate things a bit if he does well down there

2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

So 7.5 million then because he fits your criteria

Well no we won't get that sort of fee but £1-1.5m is absolutely nothing now to about 50 clubs in England. They spend more on youth players and squad fillers.

People need to put it in that perspective, average players go for "big" fees down south.

Look at McBurnie- £20m or something wasn't it? He's fairly shite, hardly 20 times the player McKenna is.

1 hour ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

£2 million and add on's is what I am hearing, he is worth more than that

I hope he has a decent replacement lined up, Taylor and Devlin are defo not upto being his replacement

Jason Kerr and Greg Leigh would be decent signings

That's the stupidity of (if we have) accepting £2m - very hard for us to we replace him for even half of that.