The Mckenna Dilemma

24 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Fuck nose if this is true, but a wee bit more in the bank if it is! And less to pay for McRorie!! That will piss off the huns.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6071362/aberdeen-6m-windfall-sell-on-mckenna/

If true id say it was an acceptable deal.

25% sell on is very good, I thought we would get maybe 10%.  You would think he's capable of improving on notts forest, esp if he maintains his international career.

Also good that we kept the hun bs to a modest fee for McCrorie.  They will burn through that 350k in about 5 seconds.

10 hours ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Horrible piece of business to knock back Villa last year.

The club have probably done as much as they can to maximise the deal after the cunt showed his hand with the transfer request last year.

Fuck sake.

9 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I think everyone understood the call at the time.

McInnes apparently warned Steve Bruce against a last minute bid, yet it was still left till the last minute.

Nobody predicted that Covid would happen let alone forsee the impact to clubs.

Incidentally, it was 2 years ago that we received a bid from Villa

Didn't Villa want some sort of a 'loan him to us first and we'll decide if we want to buy him' deal that we would have been foolish to accept?

4 hours ago, Millertime said:

We would get closer to 1.5m than 10m, yeah

It'll pretty much be 10M when it's all said and done.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

In a totally underwhelming last season for the team as a whole.....Taylor was actually one of the few who could say they had been consistently good over the course of it. Some might say surprisingly so. 

Sadly yesterday gave us a glimpse of the Taylor we all knew might/definitely would resurface eventually. A total clusterfuck of a performance until thankfully McInnes took the correct action (for Taylor's own good as much as the team's) and replaced him with Hoban. Whose presence in the side is every bit as reassuring as Taylor's is worrying. But I also absolutely accept that yesterday's result was not down purely to him alone. Lewis gets revered on here a bit too much....maybe because of some of our recent incumbents of the goalkeeper's jersey we so horrendous that he seems brilliant in comparison. I'd actually posit that Lewis has as many clusterfuck performances each season as Taylor has. And Ojo…...nope just not seeing what McInnes and our scouting team saw in him. 

EDIT.....and I am still adamant that Lewis is the wrong choice to be team captain.

Adam-Ant-1.jpg

12 hours ago, RedForever said:

I am not saying Mckenna is worth the same as Ajer, However by what i have seen from both players over the last couple of years Ajer is not worth anywhere near almost 5 X what Mckenna is. I was more pointing out the fact they way Celtic do thier business and the way Aberdeen do thier business, if the rumoured figures are at least close to being true i think we have let him go too cheaply

What are those rumoured figures?

£3M up front with additions that could bring it up closer to £5M. Heafty sell on percentage on top.

If that's true, in this market, in the financial position we are in, then that would be decent enough

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, KentishDon said:

Losing McKenna will be a body blow for sure. But there’s worse to come. The day Niall McGinn retires (which I believe he will do from us) will be the day we realise what its really like to lose a class player

McGinn has been very very good for us, but lets face it, he's a bench player now.

Does his best work now for us coming off the bench with 20-30 minutes to go.

• Upvote 1
On 7/16/2018 at 8:33 PM, G31DON said:

He's too slow to ever get a huge transfer anyway, everyone seems to be getting carried away.

He will stay for this season possibly till January 2020 or summer '20 he will leave for four million with a 10% sell on clause to newly promoted Derby County.

FACT

I was trying to find millertimes £1m post and as per a lot of other threads, his posts have disappeared and can only be seen when other folk quote him in a post. Very strange!

Whilst trawling, I stumbled on this one, pretty close to the mark.

8 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

3m with 3m add ons and 25% reported in sun. So even if forest don't go up or we end up with 0 add ons they are selling worrall(who was utter shite at the huns) for 10m+. We could see anything from 5m-9m if he is sold at a similar price and what add ons are achieved before he did go.

Hopefully the add ons is not linked to them getting promotion and more appearances made , say 50 games played 

1 minute ago, redstrummer said:

Hopefully the add ons is not linked to them getting promotion and more appearances made , say 50 games played 

The promotion is very unlikely to happen this year.

The manager isn’t liked & apparently the fans think the team is shite.

McKenna going to a club where the manager changes more than the weather might not work out. 
Fuck knows how many managers the owners have punted in the last few years.

Think they’re on their 4th manager in 2 years. 

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The promotion is very unlikely to happen this year.

The manager isn’t liked & apparently the fans think the team is shite.

McKenna going to a club where the manager changes more than the weather might not work out. 
Fuck knows how many managers the owners have punted in the last few years.

Think they’re on their 4th manager in 2 years. 

I think the manager changing works fine.

McKenna moves on again in the next 12-24 months for £6M-£12M depending on how good he looks.