The Mckenna Dilemma

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The alleged fee for Worrall is mental based on the donkey that played for SEVCO.

It just shows what McKenna could potentially go for in 12-18 months if he does well. 

Good to get the % sell on clause based on Worrall alone.

My flatmate is a Burnley fan, he agrees they would be better bypassing Worrall and paying a fraction of the price for McKenna.

15 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Not a bad deal for a guy who most of us were wanting shot of for whatever we could get not too long ago.

Hopefully becomes one of the many many players down there that are wildly overpaid for in a few years time.

Yip - then breaks both his legs in a freak training ground accident the following day

• Downvote 2

Good luck to the boy. Always gave 100% for us and will be missed, especially when for now it could be Taylor or Devlin that replaces him.

He blotted his copy book a wee bit by handing in a transfer request to try and force a move before, probably just a young loon doing what his agent told him. No point having any resentment or bad feeling towards the guy, wish him well for the future. If he does well so will AFC.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

He's moved on so we do also. I wish him all the best and as others have said, if he does progress we probably stand to benefit from a windfall in sell on %. 

I'd like to see us spend a little of what's come in on a replacement with potential to sell on as well.

As it stands Taylor should only be used in absolute emergency situations, the only faint hope is that maybe playing alongside Hoban could steady Devlin! 

2 minutes ago, Macski said:

He's moved on so we do also. I wish him all the best and as others have said, if he does progress we probably stand to benefit from a windfall in sell on %. 

I'd like to see us spend a little of what's come in on a replacement with potential to sell on as well.

As it stands Taylor should only be used in absolute emergency situations, the only faint hope is that maybe playing alongside Hoban could steady Devlin! 

I think Devlin finished with us to be honest.

13 minutes ago, thurso said:

I say good luck to the loon. He is the best centre back scotland has ( which isn’t saying much admittedly) I hope the add ons to get the rest isn’t to do with appearances as I don’t think he will be there long before using it as a stepping stone for a bigger club 

We then get a big sell on fee.

I'm with Bad Mobby - fuck the disruptive, goofy prick (straight after he gets another big move)

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Macski said:

Only thing that steadies Devlin are the crutches he uses for 8 months in every year

• Upvote 1

Great business for a youth player. More of this please. 

I know he put in a transfer request at one point but fair play to him for signing a contract when he did. Getting a combined £200k for the trio of Kenny McLean, Graeme Shinnie and Ryan Jack was a shambles. We need to start cashing in more often... but I suppose you need someone to actually pay for them.

All the best to Scott McKenna. I'm not convinced he's better than Russell Anderson or Mark Reynolds but he is a big hoor of a man and that will stand him in good stead down south. Hopefully he does better than the other 2 mentioned.