The Mckenna Dilemma

2 minutes ago, Chewie37 said:

Correct.......then everyone can get in a tizzy when he's letting his contract run down

He most likely won’t be there as long as that. Be that for positive or negative reasons. 
4 year deal but I think he’ll be there two seasons at most for whichever reason.

Hit snooze button on him until then :)

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He most likely won’t be there as long as that. Be that for positive or negative reasons. 
4 year deal but I think he’ll be there two seasons at most for whichever reason.

Hit snooze button on him until then :)

Yup, a stepping stone upwards or a loan back to a Scottish team? Hopefully he doesn't end up getting injured badly like Anderson did

I thought he had a decent game but I also think he was at fault for the goal. It was actually a bit like the goal we lost on Thursday where Considine left his man to mark space instead and his man got the space and scored, albeit in Huddersfield case it was actually a very good individual goal.

Forest were rotten and Huddersfield weren't much better I thought, very poor quality game, can't tell me that's a better standard than say Hibs V Aberdeen.

15 minutes ago, RUL said:

I thought he had a decent game but I also think he was at fault for the goal. It was actually a bit like the goal we lost on Thursday where Considine left his man to mark space instead and his man got the space and scored, albeit in Huddersfield case it was actually a very good individual goal.

Forest were rotten and Huddersfield weren't much better I thought, very poor quality game, can't tell me that's a better standard than say Hibs V Aberdeen.

McKenna went with the main danger, he'd have looked so stupid if he let the player he followed go by himself if the ball was put across the face of the goal.  left back and midfielder, number 11 were horrendous for the goal, goalkeepers positioning was off and number 24 was going to where the ball was coming from which he didn't need to do as two players were already there.

Overall McKenna breezed through that match, he looks very comfortable on the ball and barring one really poor pass his distribution was very good, given that he only joined up the the team a few days before it was a very promising debut.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
16 minutes ago, minijc said:

McKenna went with the main danger, he'd have looked so stupid if he let the player he followed go by himself if the ball was put across the face of the goal.  left back and midfielder, number 11 were horrendous for the goal, goalkeepers positioning was off and number 24 was going to where the ball was coming from which he didn't need to do as two players were already there.

Overall McKenna breezed through that match, he looks very comfortable on the ball and barring one really poor pass his distribution was very good, given that he only joined up the the team a few days before it was a very promising debut.

From what I did see of the game I agree with that.

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Lol @ anderson comparison 

Only you & your obsession with belittling Anderson could take wrong end of stick on that point & fail to understand it was a basic hope that McKenna doesn’t get a bad injury & fk our chances of profiting more from him.

saying that you would probably still get the wrong end of the stick given three attempts & if each end of the stick was painted different colours 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Lol @ anderson comparison 

You've got a right hard on for Anderson and I have no idea why, he's obviously not up there with the players of the 80's however he did a lot of good things for the Dons.

Captained the Dons to our only trophy in 25 years,  we received a large fee for him when we was in financial dire straits, he donated his signing on fee to Aberdeen youth development and even managed to score more goals playing for the Dons at centre back than your futsal idol zero.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Pure and simply, because he was a weakling  and a boring one at that

I have zero time for weak players,  especially centre halves 

Samaras used to rag doll him and it was a riddy

LOL, you loved Lee Miller who fell over with a slight breeze and don't even get me started on your 'love' for Zero, a perennial loser that was just a show boater who had no fight in him at all.

• Upvote 2

Anderson was a fantastic defender. Just because Samaras had a couple of good games against him MT jumped on this & comes out with the same shite every time.

Samaras had a couple of great games against a a good few great defenders.

Anderson kept our side reasonably respectable when without him we would have been a complete fkn embarrassment a lot of the time. He would attack every ball with calmness & was never scared to put his head/face in dangerous places.

He was the ultimate professional CH amongst a pile of shite