The Mckenna Dilemma

Anderson was a fantastic defender. Just because Samaras had a couple of good games against him MT jumped on this & comes out with the same shite every time.

Samaras had a couple of great games against a a good few great defenders.

Anderson kept our side reasonably respectable when without him we would have been a complete fkn embarrassment a lot of the time. He would attack every ball with calmness & was never scared to put his head/face in dangerous places.

He was the ultimate professional CH amongst a pile of shite

Anderson was a brilliant player for us. A very good defender and certainly a modern legend. 

His weakness was definitely strong, physical forwards though. Which is probably why he struggled down south, where if you're not strong and quick, you need to be supremely talented. 

Find it weird that an Aberdeen fan would be so desperate to slag off someone who done so much for AFC though. Bizarre behaviour. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14
  • Downvote 3
20 hours ago, shut up meg said:

You've got a right hard on for Anderson and I have no idea why, he's obviously not up there with the players of the 80's however he did a lot of good things for the Dons.

Captained the Dons to our only trophy in 25 years,  we received a large fee for him when we was in financial dire straits, he donated his signing on fee to Aberdeen youth development and even managed to score more goals playing for the Dons at centre back than your futsal idol zero.

Anderson probably the closest we’ve had to a legend since Jess.

Millermong would probably say show pony Zero which sums the halfwit up 

• Upvote 5
3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

What's the problem with showing support for the post of another?

Nothing, and all I am doing is pointing out that you can do exactly that by using the heart button. 

Whereas all you appear to be doing is upping your post count, adding nothing to the discussion and publicly arse licking the OP.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anderson in his prime before he went down south was easily the best defender we’ve had in the last c20 years. He made the likes of Diamond look good and still performed well most often surrounded by shite players. McKenna is a better physical specimen and will earn more in his career but it doesn’t make him anywhere near as good a defender. 

On 9/26/2020 at 3:40 PM, Millertime said:

I'm not saying he was "pish" @Chewie37, no, but mckenna will make way,  way more of his career than Anderson did

20 minutes ago, Chewie37 said:

What?

I think that’s a fair enough assumption. 
McKenna will already probably have more Scotland caps than Anderson, and 50 caps for McKenna should be the absolute minimum. 
Almost guaranteed McKenna will make more money than Anderson given the exponential rise in wages since Anderson retired. 
And on the most important point (in my view), Anderson of course has one proper winners medal in his career. McKenna might struggle there with mid ranked English clubs, but one medal could be achievable. 

Aye McKenna is young enough that 50 caps should be an absolute cakewalk for him. In spite of the weegia, who didn't want him played in either of the internationals played earlier this month. Now he's in England they'll never want him dropped. 

And naturally he will make more money than Anderson did. If, as I expect, he earns a move to a lower EPL club within 18-24 months, he will surpass Anderson's career earnings by the time he's 27. As for the medals......he'll get a few at Celtic later on in his career. 

31 minutes ago, tightbreeks said:

Match of the day, Anderson's debut for Sunderland, comes on in the second half. Nightmare, gives away a pen. Unfortunately he was barely seen in that sunderland side again. Ruthless he got one chance, he deserved better than that because he always played to 100% and an aberdeen great.

I seem to remember he suffered many bad injuries whilst in England. I'd be surprised if he was actually fit for more than 10 games in a row for any of the few clubs he played for. 

Good player and a modern legend. Seems a decent guy as well.