The Mckenna Dilemma

30 minutes ago, slippers said:

He is going to make the club a lot of money! Mental the amount of time on ball players get down there. Forrest fans raving about him. 

On the site I had a look at they were blaming him for the goal they lost and also for one a couple of weeks back. The late winner they got improved their mood dramatically but prior to that they were virtually all agreeing that any chance of promotion has already gone and they're more expecting a battle to avoid the relegation spots.

• 1 month later...

Hasn't played in weeks, presumably injured but can't see any updates about him.

Forest however are almost in freefall. Getting beaten by Stoke right now and other results elsewhere are not going for them, could leave them 3 points above bottom tonight, sitting one place above the relegation spots. I'm sure he thought he would be joining a club that was in with a good chance of promotion when he joined, wonder if he is now starting to regret the move. Their fans seem almost resigned that they'll get relegated.

Although Forest have been struggling, McKenna has actually been playing well and has brought him a lot of plaudits from their fans, management and pundits. And his personal defensive stat analysis figures were already bringing him to the notice of clubs higher up the chain.

sustained an ankle injury a few weeks back however and had missed the last 5 games but started back in training on Monday.

Definitely in our best interests that McKenna does well at Forest and secures a transfer to an EPL club in a couple of seasons.

Look at John McGinn as an example. If Villa were to sell him I'm pretty sure Hibs are due 20% of the fee. McGinn will go for a large fee if one of the top EPL clubs make a bid for him he is easily holding his own at EPL level. If one of the EPL top 6 clubs were to buy McGinn that would be a massive game changer for Hibs.