Stephen Gleeson Signed.

So mostly the big signings/big fees/big earners that have been the flops then.

Yay!

So Rooney, McLean, Ferguson, Logan, Lewis, GMS & Shinnie all big earners or fees were flops? I'd say the ratio on the bigger money signings has worked out better. Its the the fringe players brought in to bulk the squad up that haven't been good enough. 

• Upvote 1

Tansey lifestyle was his main issue

Tansey had a medical condition which wasn't flagged up until about six months in to his contract. By all accounts it would have been impossible to have seen that happening when he signed a pre contract in the january. He has since retired due to the issue. He was one of the highest scoring midfielders in the scottish premiership for 2 or 3 seasons prior so on paper a good signing. Many at the time said he was much better than jack.

Going through who we have actually physically paid a fee for in McInnes time as manager - 

Stevie May - Bad

Lewis Ferguson - Good

Kenny McLean - Good

Chris Forrester - Bad

Sam Cosgrove- Good

Funso Ojo - 50/50

GMS- Good

Not a bad record for a club like us when it comes to actually paying money for players. 

Yeah I meant remove the good and the bad ones. You've just referenced two players who were here longer than 6 months you silly sausage, so of course thats not the case.

All i'm getting at it the fact a lot of them were signed a back up / cover at a time when we needed it and they were basically all that was available. Most of them were never going to be good. Did anyone think Greg Halford was going to come in, after about 9 months without a club, as back up while Logan was injured and play like Cafu?? Or even play as well as Stephen Payne?? Absolutely not

Thought they were both 6 month initial loans

Tansey had a medical condition which wasn't flagged up until about six months in to his contract. By all accounts it would have been impossible to have seen that happening when he signed a pre contract in the january. He has since retired due to the issue. He was one of the highest scoring midfielders in the scottish premiership for 2 or 3 seasons prior so on paper a good signing. Many at the time said he was much better than jack.

Tansey problem was he enjoyed a beverage and his diet was unbefitting of an athlete

• 4 weeks later...

Going through who we have actually physically paid a fee for in McInnes time as manager - 

Stevie May - Bad

Lewis Ferguson - Good

Kenny McLean - Good

Chris Forrester - Bad

Sam Cosgrove- Good

Funso Ojo - 50/50

GMS- Good

Not a bad record for a club like us when it comes to actually paying money for players.

This.

Overall total spent can’t be much more than £1M

Or approx 25% of what cosgrove is now worth. His return on equity is excellent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Guest milne_afc

Surprised nobody down south in League 1 or 2 have come in for Stephen Gleeson. Would surely still do a job at that levels.

On what evidence?

Boy has done half of less than fuck all in his time at the Dons.

He's a fat useless cunt, as predicted.

Guest the shepherd

On what evidence?

Boy has done half of less than fuck all in his time at the Dons.

He's a fat useless cunt, as predicted.

True what you say min but I am going by when he played for Ipswich Town before coming up north. Another signing that promised much but has delivered very little.

True what you say min but I am going by when he played for Ipswich Town before coming up north. Another signing that promised much but has delivered very little.

Playing for Ipswich probably not a good barometer for success. The opposite of anything given how they've plummeted in recent years

What fucking terrible signings Gleeson and Forrester have been. Good job Ferguson was the same window

The scary thing is, Gleeson & Forrester were signed to be first picks & our central midfield.

Looking back, I wonder can we chart these two signings (Gleeson and Forrester) as the catalyst for McInnes decline?  Ferguson was a good signing, but I doubt even McInnes expected him to be an every week player, straight from the off.... he was in and out of the Accies team before he signed for us.

Playing for Ipswich probably not a good barometer for success. The opposite of anything given how they've plummeted in recent years

He has the same number of Rep. Ire caps as Jonny Hayes.... so presumably operated at a reasonable level, at some point in his career.

Guest the shepherd

Fair point. I still associate Ipswich Town with being half decent (the days of John Wark and Paul Mason), athough they've been less so over recent times.

Looking back, I wonder can we chart these two signings (Gleeson and Forrester) as the catalyst for McInnes decline? 

Big low point. Especially since it was the window after McInnes came out and said recruitment hasn't been good enough.

In McInnes' first window he signed Flood, Robson then followed it with Logan and Rooney in January. Can't even imagine getting signings as reliable as that within the space of about 6 months now