Betty Swallicks

Stephen Gleeson Signed.

Going through who we have actually physically paid a fee for in McInnes time as manager - 

Stevie May - Bad

Lewis Ferguson - Good

Kenny McLean - Good

Chris Forrester - Bad

Sam Cosgrove- Good

Funso Ojo - 50/50

GMS- Good

Not a bad record for a club like us when it comes to actually paying money for players.

This.

Overall total spent can’t be much more than £1M

Or approx 25% of what cosgrove is now worth. His return on equity is excellent.

What fucking terrible signings Gleeson and Forrester have been. Good job Ferguson was the same window

This.

Overall total spent can’t be much more than £1M

Or approx 25% of what cosgrove is now worth. His return on equity is excellent.

Who’s paying us £4M for Cosgrove?

Surprised nobody down south in League 1 or 2 have come in for Stephen Gleeson. Would surely still do a job at that levels.

On what evidence?

Boy has done half of less than fuck all in his time at the Dons.

He's a fat useless cunt, as predicted.

On what evidence?

True what you say min but I am going by when he played for Ipswich Town before coming up north. Another signing that promised much but has delivered very little.

True what you say min but I am going by when he played for Ipswich Town before coming up north. Another signing that promised much but has delivered very little.

Playing for Ipswich probably not a good barometer for success. The opposite of anything given how they've plummeted in recent years

What fucking terrible signings Gleeson and Forrester have been. Good job Ferguson was the same window

The scary thing is, Gleeson & Forrester were signed to be first picks & our central midfield.

Looking back, I wonder can we chart these two signings (Gleeson and Forrester) as the catalyst for McInnes decline?  Ferguson was a good signing, but I doubt even McInnes expected him to be an every week player, straight from the off.... he was in and out of the Accies team before he signed for us.

Playing for Ipswich probably not a good barometer for success. The opposite of anything given how they've plummeted in recent years

He has the same number of Rep. Ire caps as Jonny Hayes.... so presumably operated at a reasonable level, at some point in his career.

On what evidence?

50p

Fair point. I still associate Ipswich Town with being half decent (the days of John Wark and Paul Mason), athough they've been less so over recent times.

Looking back, I wonder can we chart these two signings (Gleeson and Forrester) as the catalyst for McInnes decline? 

Big low point. Especially since it was the window after McInnes came out and said recruitment hasn't been good enough.

In McInnes' first window he signed Flood, Robson then followed it with Logan and Rooney in January. Can't even imagine getting signings as reliable as that within the space of about 6 months now

Fair point. I still associate Ipswich Town with being half decent (the days of John Wark and Paul Mason), athough they've been less so over recent times.

Paul Mariner, surely?

Great team

Muhren, Thijssen etc.

Mind you, Peter Weir tore them and Mick Mills a new one in Sept 81 I think it was.

He did indeed.  Im sure at one point the commentator (Brian Moore?) said "ooh he's left Mick Mills standing there, well you wont see that very often" before Big Pete did it another six times just because he could.

That was 35-40 years ago ffs.

Paul Mariner, surely?

Great team

Muhren, Thijssen etc.

Mind you, Peter Weir tore them and Mick Mills a new one in Sept 81 I think it was.

Sorry min, I was thinking of Ipswich from 93-94 onwards when Paul Mason moved there and big John Wark was playing for them.

Paul Mariner wss indeed some striker.