Tommie Hoban

He’s not made of glass, however much you all think he is. He’s just been massively unfortunate with bad injuries 

he didn’t exactly have to over exert himself yesterday either.

play him v Livi. Fk McKenna. Just incase the new Livi striker is decent & if they sign Stokes. 

Hoban has been training just like the rest. Play the cunt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He’s not made of glass, however much you all think he is. He’s just been massively unfortunate with bad injuries 

play him v Livi. Fk McKenna. Just incase the new Livi striker is decent & if they sign Stokes. 

Stokes is pish, no worries about that cnut.

• Upvote 1

What’s he had? An Achilles, a couple of cruciates coupled with a couple of recurring knee injuries from them & of course the recurrence of his ankle. A hip injury & a shoulder injury.

he’s basically got over it all lol

just play the fkr. Last chance saloon for the poor cunt. He wants te play. Play him 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I totally agree.

As I said before regarding Devlin, no matter how good he is whats the point in signing a player who can only play half the games. At a club like Aberdeen we need you fit and ready for each and every game otherwise you are no use. Delvin has played a total of 36 league games during his time with Aberdeen - he's been injured far too often and when he has played he hasn't been consistent enough. 

Taking McInnes' negative (cautious) tactics aside, the number of crocked players we've signed has been to the detriment of our past two seasons. Thats the clubs fault for not anticipating the inevitable injury list we've endured. Same applies to Hearts under Levein which saw them relegated. 

Say what you like about Taylor but upon his return he's been one of our most consistent defenders and he's barely injured. Same goes for Considine. 

If Hoban can't prove he's capable of playing a continued run of games without being injured then unfortunately I'd say we shouldn't be signing him. And I'm a massive fan our Hoban. I'd like to see him start ahead of McKenna against Livingston.

• Downvote 1
51 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

I totally agree.

As I said before regarding Devlin, no matter how good he is whats the point in signing a player who can only play half the games. At a club like Aberdeen we need you fit and ready for each and every game otherwise you are no use. Delvin has played a total of 36 league games during his time with Aberdeen - he's been injured far too often and when he has played he hasn't been consistent enough. 

Taking McInnes' negative (cautious) tactics aside, the number of crocked players we've signed has been to the detriment of our past two seasons. Thats the clubs fault for not anticipating the inevitable injury list we've endured. Same applies to Hearts under Levein which saw them relegated. 

Say what you like about Taylor but upon his return he's been one of our most consistent defenders and he's barely injured. Same goes for Considine. 

If Hoban can't prove he's capable of playing a continued run of games without being injured then unfortunately I'd say we shouldn't be signing him. And I'm a massive fan our Hoban. I'd like to see him start ahead of McKenna against Livingston.

Better we find out now if he’s got the longevity to stay fit sooner than later.

No point wrapping him in too much cotton wool then he gets crocked after we sign him on in January 

sounds harsh but that’s life in football.

obviously not going to risk him if he has any actual niggles that may flare up his knees, or ankle, or hip (lol quite a list) but harsh reality is that if he came through last game without niggles & is fit to game on then it’s game on. Otherwise we don’t learn anything about his true fitness.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Hoban is feeling no after effects then he should play.  

Wonder if McInnes will stick with his three at the back?  Bringing McKenna back would allow McCrorie into the centre of midfield alongside Ferguson. 

Lewis 

Taylor    McKenna  Hoban

Kennedy  McCrorie  Ferguson. Hayes 

Wright    McLennan  McGinn 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If Hoban is feeling no after effects then he should play.  

Wonder if McInnes will stick with his three at the back?  Bringing McKenna back would allow McCrorie into the centre of midfield alongside Ferguson. 

Lewis 

Taylor    McKenna  Hoban

Kennedy  McCrorie  Ferguson. Hayes 

Wright    McLennan  McGinn 

Think he’ll play 4 at back as that’s what he started second half with & we scored in the 4-2-3-1.

I also think play safe with Hoban, as he’ll be needed to play a chunk of games potentially if McKenna gets a sizeable ban.

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Think he’ll play 4 at back as that’s what he started second half with & we scored in the 4-2-3-1.

I also think play safe with Hoban, as he’ll be needed to play a chunk of games potentially if McKenna gets a sizeable ban.

I prefer 4 at the back but he's a stubborn bugger and might think a few tweaks will make the difference, especially against a team who have been struggling so far. 

If McKenna is suspended next weekend we'll have Considine back by then. 

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

2.5 year deal hopefully. 

His value this summer will still be very minimal regardless of how well he does.

So the gamble should be to have him under contract the following summer. 

It might all go wrong but he might be worth a transfer fee in summer 2022

Or..... he goes on to have a ten year career with us as the dons are announced as the team of the decade 2030 :)

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RUL said:

To be honest thought all 3 were stone wall penalties. 

I'm not disagreeing.

1st Pen - Ferguson was very intelligent. He knew Ntcham would come steaming in behind and he played for the pen by slowing down and accepting the inevitable knock from behind

2nd pen - Contact was made, agreed, but Elyanoussi I thought through himself into Hoban's outstretched leg when he realised his touch was heavy and going straight to Lewis. He played for it and got it because there was contact

3rd pen - Again, there was contact after the ball was away so was a pen.

Fergie played for it and took the hit, McLennan was just kicked.

Looking back, in the modern game, Elyanoussi should have been booked for going in studs up ;)

elyanoussi.png