Tommie Hoban

That's Tommie Hoban pulled his hamstring and out for 1-2 months.

The 27 year old has now successfully played 103 professional football matches. A mere 9 less than veteran midfield man Lewis Ferguson.

Sources on AFC Chat believe very big clubs are ready to swoop for the inexperienced defender.

Haste ya back Tommie.

I think we can all finally put to bed any theory Hoban is off to the EPL or English Championship.

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

A hamstring though is at least expected with the amount of game time he had after being out for so long

I was actually thinking myself against Hamilton 1) he has played a lot of games with no rest and 2) the fact he was playing on plastic was maybe risky

Absolutely I think we should be pleased with the signing so far.

I hope we tie him up on an extended deal

On 12/21/2020 at 3:48 PM, Tord31 said:

That's Tommie Hoban pulled his hamstring and out for 1-2 months.

The 27 year old has now successfully played 103 professional football matches. A mere 9 less than veteran midfield man Lewis Ferguson.

Sources on AFC Chat believe very big clubs are ready to swoop for the inexperienced defender.

Haste ya back Tommie.

Were you on the wind up Tord? 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Were you on the wind up Tord? 

Tbf to him, if you read McInnes's post match comments after Killie, he says that Hoban has injured his hammy, its the last thing we need with the other injured players out and talks about McCrorie being able to fill in at the back.

21 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Tbf to him, if you read McInnes's post match comments after Killie, he says that Hoban has injured his hammy, its the last thing we need with the other injured players out and talks about McCrorie being able to fill in at the back.

Perhaps a bit of a game being played. Because in McInnes interview immediately after the match he said that they took tommie off at half time because he felt his hamstring.  Then that seemed to change into injured, and at the very least McInnes did nothing to dispell that. 

The old fake injury routine - hoho. 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Perhaps a bit of a game being played. Because in McInnes interview immediately after the match he said that they took tommie off at half time because he felt his hamstring.  Then that seemed to change into injured, and at the very least McInnes did nothing to dispell that. 

The old fake injury routine - hoho

Plastic pitch, player feels his hamstring. Good precautionary management to be honest

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

McInnes said “pulled hamstring” post match.

That’s a 4-6 week job normally. 

Maybe McInnes used the wrong word in the heat of the moment. 

On 12/24/2020 at 4:22 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

But slightly more controlled than Taylor

If you analyzed it, you’d be very surprised.

‘I think being central in the back 3 has done wonders for Taylor and his distribution. Being central, he has more options and generally of late he’s been very good at retaining possession and playing good passes to his teammates.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who thinks Hoban is at fault for the second goal today doesn't know football. Hayes in no mans land and leaves his man, Surprised at Brian Irvine on commentary putting the blame on Hoban when you can clearly see county played three up top on our back three and our wing back didn't track the midfielder. Hoban is more than capable at this level and has probably played more games than anyone would of liked, we need better options in and around him and options to give the guy a bit of a rest, to go from playing next to no football for about 2/3 years to playing two/ three times a week constantly, plastic pitches and terrible grass pitches, it can't be easy for him .

1 hour ago, OddJob said:

Just goes to show how bad McInnes coaching is, that Hoban has stagnated this season as hes clearly not a bad player 

He's also clearly not as good as some folk were saying though. Talk of him doing well at us and then playing top end Championship or even Premier League.

I'd like to see him again as one of a centre back pairing in a traditional back 4. 

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He's also clearly not as good as some folk were saying though. Talk of him doing well at us and then playing top end Championship or even Premier League.

I'd like to see him again as one of a centre back pairing in a traditional back 4. 

I see a slight flaw in that plan....