Bruce Anderson

Ferguson has only had 1 full season behind him. Last season. He is an exceptional talent and is light year ahead of the youngsters around him at Aberdeen.

I felt sorry for Campbell today having to play left back but he did have a very poor game. He is actually a good player (when played in the right position) and will potentially develop into a key player for us in the future. Theres no denying that he isn't as strong as Ojo, Bryson or Ferguson and that when he plays we aren't as good.

Anderson hasn't done enough for me. I just don't rate him at all. He scored a great goal last week but today I thought he was really poor. He reminds me of Darren Mackie. Far too lightweight.

He had a decent game and to claim he isn’t as good as Ojo who was fucking pish (anonymous as usual) is ridiculous

Anderson is a good finisher no more no less. Similar to Rooney in that respect. All this he doesn’t win headers etc is irrelevant. He’s accurate in front of goal and will put away half chances, that makes him a valuable player. Main does the opposite to this and therefore is dead to me.

Agree that Anderson is a Finisher no doubt, only difference with Rooney is he is a bit more mobile and a bit quicker maybe due to him being a lot younger than Rooney when he was here. He needs a run of games now to see if he can get the goals he thinks he can

Utter utter shite from a clueless long time armchair fan.

up to today he had been given somewhere Around an hr of play this season in total. Scored one goal in that time even though a large part of that times on park were simply for wasting time or ‘game management’ where as Main has been given SEVEN starts & 15. Appearances this season for same return yet you chose to target Anderson.

Anderson is ten times the player Main is but twats like you will write him off without seeing where the real failings are in the team. That especially being the mangers tactical genius

Sorry I have a different opinion. I am not writing him off simply saying that currently he is not ready for first team football. I stand by that stance.

I am an Aberdeen season ticket holder,I would not know Funso Ojo if he was sitting in my living room.Has been utter rubbish from day one.Dives into tackles,gave away penalty Europa League.Style of play tends towards injuing himself in the process.No idea what Ojo brings to the table.A Belgian signed from Scunthorpe United,enough said.

Guest the shepherd

I am an Aberdeen season ticket holder,I would not know Funso Ojo if he was sitting in my living room.Has been utter rubbish from day one.Dives into tackles,gave away penalty Europa League.Style of play tends towards injuing himself in the process.No idea what Ojo brings to the table.A Belgian signed from Scunthorpe United,enough said.

Totally agree.

Guest the shepherd

Spent money on Ojo, didn't they?

£125,000 of supporters' hard earned cash was used to buy Ojo from the mighty Scunthorpe United. If ever there was a case of Aberdeen going to the Court of Arbitration it is this one.

I clearly hold a controversial view as I personally like Ojo. He has only just returned from injury and has looked ok since. Give him sometime to get up and running. He will help us maintain possession and dictate the midfield. He's been brought in to play a similar role Ryan Jack did previously. We really need Bryson back from injury to play alongside Fergie and Ojo.

I'm still reserving judgement about Bruce Anderson. He had a poor game against Hearts but as others said he had little to no service. He scored a good goal against Livingston last week so I feel deserves more time.

Sorry I have a different opinion. I am not writing him off simply saying that currently he is not ready for first team football. I stand by that stance.

I think the objective answer is none of us can know whether he’s good enough or not.

He’s not had enough time for anyone to say.

What I think is that he’s not suited to the McInnes 4-2-3-1.

He’d be more suited to an “old fashioned” 4-4-2 alongside, or just off, Sam Cosgrove.

However, even if he’s not suited to playing up front on his own in a 4-2-3-1, I’d definitely play him before Curtis Main.

I think the objective answer is none of us can know whether he’s good enough or not.

He’d be more suited to an “old fashioned” 4-4-2 alongside, or just off, Sam Cosgrove.

However, even if he’s not suited to playing up front on his own in a 4-2-3-1, I’d definitely play him before Curtis Main.

He played as part of a front two against Hearts ... he brought fuck all. As someone else said he has never given anything when starting a game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I clearly hold a controversial view as I personally like Ojo. He has only just returned from injury and has looked ok since. Give him sometime to get up and running. He will help us maintain possession and dictate the midfield. He's been brought in to play a similar role Ryan Jack did previously. We really need Bryson back from injury to play alongside Fergie and Ojo.

I'm still reserving judgement about Bruce Anderson. He had a poor game against Hearts but as others said he had little to no service. He scored a good goal against Livingston last week so I feel deserves more time.

Agree with Calgary. Absolutely have to stop this 8 pass move from the full back round the defence and back IF we’re then going to pass it to a centre half to hoof it down the middle to nobody. Ojo seemed to be that player who looked for it, turned with it and sought to get us up the park.

Has he he been perfect? Fuck no. Has he hardly played? Regrettably yes. Has he been an improvement as we try to fill Shinnies shoes (and Maclean’s, The snake can fuck right off) I’d argue yes.

Could we get better and in so doing release Ferguson and a #10 to do better? I’d like to think so but one has to assume that was Brysons job.

How many games has he started? three maybe?

Same as Main.

Hearts game is his only start this season & fair to say the rest of team & tactics contributed vastly to him being pretty ineffective in that game.

Before that start he had half a dozen maybe seven appearances mostly in final minutes of games (one in 89th min & one in 119th minute) & all under ten minutes other than two in which he got last fifteen or twenty mins. Scoring in the latter after being on for about ten minutes.

Main has had seven starts & fifteen appearances.

Anderson is the player being massively unjustly judged in the short spells he’s had to ‘prove’ himself. McInnes has shafted him basically.

Anderson has made 20 appearances for the first team. Regardless of whether they were mostly from the bench I think that’s enough to judge him and say he is not ready currently for the first team. For comparison Shankland only had 17 appearances for us and we all had determined he was not ready.

Then we have Ojo who has made 9 appearances and folk have written off. He plays in a similar style to Jack (who many on here did not rate) and has looked decent when the ball is played into his feet. There is a clear positive difference in the team when Ojo is playing. The problem is the ball is in the air most of the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Guest the shepherd

I don't think he touched the ball in the first 20mins v hearts.

Impressive for a centre midfielder but less so when its hoofed over his head most of the time.

He was non-existent for most of the match but he wasn't the only one to be fair. Either Scott McKenna and Ash Taylor don't have faith in his ability to keep possession and then make things happen, or have been instructed to mimic Franco Baresi by bypassing the midfield with long passes down to whoever is playing up top.

When we went off at half-time I never knew Jon Gallagher was still on the pitch either. We might have well just played with a back four and Joe Lewis in the first half considering how bad both teams were.

Derek McInnes had got to get his transfer dealings right this transfer window or we are in major trouble to even to secure a European place.

Anderson has made 20 appearances for the first team. Regardless of whether they were mostly from the bench I think that’s enough to judge him and say he is not ready currently for the first team. For comparison Shankland only had 17 appearances for us and we all had determined he was not ready.

Then we have Ojo who has made 9 appearances and folk have written off. He plays in a similar style to Jack (who many on here did not rate) and has looked decent when the ball is played into his feet. There is a clear positive difference in the team when Ojo is playing. The problem is the ball is in the air most of the time.

Shankland scored 0 in 17 and Anderson has 3 in 20...

Only started like 2 times as well.

He's a natural goalscorer but he doesn't fit into this system. I think he's got good instincts and it's clear there's a player, he's not big enough or physical enough to play for a McInnes side.

Even when you look at someone like Rooney who was a poacher, he was still a big and strong guy who could use it.