Bruce Anderson

• 8 months later...
1 minute ago, The Buzzard said:

@panda quoted on the BBC website as saying it's a poor move. He has a point but I'm still glad we have Watkins and Edmondson. Would have been better seeing if we could have moved on Main - could have sent him back to Motherwell as a down payment on Campbell!

A poor move by us or a poor move for Bruce? 

1 minute ago, The Buzzard said:

I presume he meant us for letting him go. Think the gist of it was we are shipping out our own young players to accommodate loan signings. 

Magic, thanks.  Interesting.  Mark Kerr saying that McInnes rates him and that he's a natural finisher.  Obviously doesn't rate him that highly.  Good for the lad to get games though as he clearly won't get much gametime here over the next few months once others get back to fitness. 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Magic, thanks.  Interesting.  Mark Kerr saying that McInnes rates him and that he's a natural finisher.  Obviously doesn't rate him that highly.  Good for the lad to get games though as he clearly won't get much gametime here over the next few months once others get back to fitness. 

Was in the Scottish deadline day page with  rolling updates so didn't bother posting the  link but you'll see it if you scroll back the last hour or so. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I think it's done the loon a favour. I am certain we won't be offering a new contract next summer. Suspect the Championship is his level....if he does well at Ayr he might be able to earn himself a long term contract there next season

It's a good move all round.

Good for Anderson as he needs to play now to develop and he has a chance to prove himself to earn a contract extension or get a contract elsewhere.

Good for us because he wasn't quite ready to do what we need our lone striker to do.

Panda always was a clueless pap.

The nippy wee poacher/goalscorer type of striker is slowly getting phased out of football. I don't think Anderson will ever fit into a McInnes team hence why he took in someone with Edmondson's physicality instead. I can't even think of many teams that play 2 up top nowadays or the last decent striking partnership.

1 hour ago, Quagmire said:

The nippy wee poacher/goalscorer type of striker is slowly getting phased out of football. I don't think Anderson will ever fit into a McInnes team hence why he took in someone with Edmondson's physicality instead. I can't even think of many teams that play 2 up top nowadays or the last decent striking partnership.

I like Anderson... but I think you are spot on.  Anderson is like a throw-back player.  Most teams these days play with one up top, so the modern striker needs a bit more to their game.

OT slightly, but anyone know why Dean Campbell didn't get sent on loan?  Still not recovered from the foot injury?  Ferguson, McCrorie, McGeouch and Ojo seemingly ahead of him at the moment.  

1 hour ago, Quagmire said:

Griffith does a pretty good job of it 

• Upvote 1