Bruce Anderson

22 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye, maybe.

Unless he accepts the offer and then it costs us if we've signed up a guy who has a beef and we've no intention of investing playing time in. 

He's local and an Aberdeen fan (ha.. where have we heard that) so surely no beef when we change our manager next week

Just now, Tord31 said:

He's local and an Aberdeen fan (ha.. where have we heard that) so surely no beef when we change our manager next week

What if the new manager doesn't fancy him? 

I also think most on here would want us to have better strikers than Bruce at the moment.  So unless he's happy to be a squad player and fight for his place then that's fine. My gut feel is that he wants to be starting now and his best chance of that is via a fresh start imo. 

On 2/19/2021 at 12:18 PM, Millertime said:

Well that's confirmed the attitude problem then 

Whether you like the manager or feel wanted should be irrelevant if you want to be the best you can be

At the end of your career you want to look back and admire your stats

So even if you hate the manager,  surely you go out of your way to probably try even harder so that you catch someone else's eye?

It's an utter loser mentality 

I definitely play better at 7s or 5s when I'm raging, it should be a motivator and if it isn't, you aren't going to do anything with your career

What's the point when the manager never changes his mind once he's made it up?  Anderson was against it due to the type of striker he is and our manager insisting on only going with a target man up top for the majority of games.  There are other young players at the club begging for games and they are doing all they can to get in the team but the manager doesn't give them a chance.

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What if the new manager doesn't fancy him? 

I also think most on here would want us to have better strikers than Bruce at the moment.  So unless he's happy to be a squad player and fight for his place then that's fine. My gut feel is that he wants to be starting now and his best chance of that is via a fresh start imo. 

We need four strikers to sign before September. It wouldn't put me up or down if Anderson is one. 

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

What's the point when the manager never changes his mind once he's made it up?  Anderson was against it due to the type of striker he is and our manager insisting on only going with a target man up top for the majority of games.  There are other young players at the club begging for games and they are doing all they can to get in the team but the manager doesn't give them a chance.

I agree that Anderson has a case regarding whether he should have had more game time. 

But do you think he's good enough to be first choice at Aberdeen and you'd be happy with him as a first choice next season? We'd be wanting better strikers surely?  In that scenario he's still a squad player fighting for a place in the team. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree that Anderson has a case regarding whether he should have had more game time. 

But do you think he's good enough to be first choice at Aberdeen and you'd be happy with him as a first choice next season? We'd be wanting better strikers surely?  In that scenario he's still a squad player fighting for a place in the team. 

If we played to his strengths (like Hamilton are) I think he could do a job for us, he has good instinct and movement in the box, something we've lacked for a while, a good run in the team in a system that works for the team and him could really see him do good things.

Offering Anderson a one year extension on his current terms would be a sensible thing to do I think. He would be a squad player at least initially, but it would let any new manager assess him close up. With a change of system, he might even prove to be a good option moving forward. 

However the loon might fancy a new challenge elsewhere (and might think he can get a better contract). In that case, we are entitled to a development fee. I suspect this is the most likely outcome

1 minute ago, minijc said:

If we played to his strengths (like Hamilton are) I think he could do a job for us, he has good instinct and movement in the box, something we've lacked for a while, a good run in the team in a system that works for the team and him could really see him do good things.

So you'd be happy if Anderson was a first choice next season? 

I wouldn't.  We need to be getting much better than that if we want to be achieving anything. 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I wouldn't.  We need to be getting much better than that if we want to be achieving anything. 

If he continues the form he's in, has a good pre season then why not?  We'll be signing at least 2 new strikers, most likely 3, he'd be a good cheap option to have and if he'd in form and worthy of a start I'd be happy.

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Come on

He has played loads of youngsters this season 

There are others that have done all they can at their level and not been given a sniff, in areas where we've struggled this year.

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Completely agree with that.

Good luck to the lad but I don’t think he’s good enough.

I doubt he’ll sign a contract with us even if/when we offer one (think we have to offer one to get any “training compensation”?).

If Accies stay up, that would be the logical move for him so he can still play regular football at the top level. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Completely agree with that.

Good luck to the lad but I don’t think he’s good enough.

I doubt he’ll sign a contract with us even if/when we offer one (think we have to offer one to get any “training compensation”?).

If Accies stay up, that would be the logical move for him so he can still play regular football at the top level. 

Its too late to get any cash for him, I reckon he will end up at Dundee United or St Johnstone next season if he keeps scoring

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Campbell is 19, so definitely a youth

Ngenwya was given a chance and absolutely shat it

45 minutes was it? Less? Hardly constitutes “plenty chances” although I agree at Ross County he looked like a bunny in the headlights but to be fair the experienced ones alongside him were equally as bad. 

I think this must be about the longest run of starts Dean Campbell has had. 

I just don’t think the reserves/development team have enough good players.

Calvin Ramsay (a right back/right wing back) apparently is good & if he wasn’t injured he might’ve featured. 
Maybe next season 

35 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

45 minutes was it? Less? Hardly constitutes “plenty chances” although I agree at Ross County he looked like a bunny in the headlights but to be fair the experienced ones alongside him were equally as bad. 

Calvin Ramsay (a right back/right wing back) apparently is good & if he wasn’t injured he might’ve featured. 
Maybe next season 

You can start to see the difference regular games is having for Campbell. 

He's getting forward a lot more now and he's starting to take more responsibility. 

48 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe next season 

I see a slight flaw in your plan there ?

39 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Bag of nerves I thought. Understandable on the night but aye, he wasn't ready. I think he got hung out to dry that night by the manager and by senior players. Early days for him, he's highly thought of apparently 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You can start to see the difference regular games is having for Campbell. 

He's getting forward a lot more now and he's starting to take more responsibility. 

Every young player needs the minutes against experienced professionals to learn the game at that level. It's a massive step up from youth development to competing with experienced professionals. If he wasn't getting a run of games this season he needed to go out on loan

5 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

An absolutely nothing story which as been dived on by mongs. Its highly unlikely Anderson will play another game under McInnes.

Are these the same "mongs" who decided Anderson has scored 2 at Hamilton because Mcinnes mismanaged him and claimed Anderson was having a "dig" claiming he "felt wanted" for the first time at Hamilton?

Or the same people who claimed Cosgrove training comment was the biggest revelation and dig in the world?

I shared this to point out folk are very selective in which comments in the press they latch on to.