Bruce Anderson

3 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Are these the same "mongs" who decided Anderson has scored 2 at Hamilton because Mcinnes mismanaged him and claimed Anderson was having a "dig" claiming he "felt wanted" for the first time at Hamilton?

Or the same people who claimed Cosgrove training comment was the biggest revelation and dig in the world?

I shared this to point out folk are very selective in which comments in the press they latch on to.

No idea, I don't keep a tad on mongs.

I was just pointing out that this one is a non story and that its unlikely Anderson will ever play under McInnes again. 

4 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

:clangers2:

Aye, because if he had been mis-managed, which is pretty apparent to most, that's the first thing he'd say to the press.

C'mon to fuck min. ?

4 hours ago, Millertime said:

Gebuinely glowing about mcinnes, calling him a brilliant manager and

I have a good relationship with the manager and Tony Docherty (assistant).

“I have gone through a lot this year in my personal life and the manager always made sure I was alright off the pitch and that shows the mark of him.

“He always looked after me and made sure life was good away from the park.

“When I was 15, I was diagnosed with diabetes.

“He knew I was living away from home and looked out for me and made sure I was okay.”

Bruce Anderson

Again.

WTF else is he going to say?

In the name of fuck.

Apart from that of course he's going to make sure he's okay, even being a shite football manager that's not something anyone in his position can neglect.

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Aye, because if he had been mis-managed, which is pretty apparent to most, that's the first thing he'd say to the press.

C'mon to fuck min. ?

Again.

In the name of fuck.

Apart from that of course he's going to make sure he's okay, even being a shite football manager that's not something anyone in his position can neglect.

Exactly. 
he most likely (like a lot of us) hopes that McInnes is gone next season & is hardly going to upset the board by bad mouthing the current manager. After all, as he says, he is an Aberdeen fan & wants nothing more than to establish himself as a regular striker at the club.

amazing folk (McInnes mongs) see this as some kind of tribute to McInnes from him ?

Honking attempt at some kind of point scoring ?

29 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If Hamilton were to stay up and offer him a 2 year deal which offer do you think he would take? 

I think he'd take the 2 years with the likelihood of regular football. 

So long as we offer him the one year deal on the same terms as he's on now, Hamilton (or any other club) would have to pay us a fee. I'd imagine that makes him a much less attractive proposition for an potential suitors

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

So long as we offer him the one year deal on the same terms as he's on now, Hamilton (or any other club) would have to pay us a fee. I'd imagine that makes him a much less attractive proposition for an potential suitors

So what would be the point of offering him a one year deal if it was just to block him moving on without us getting compensation? 

Does anyone really benefit from that if we've got a player we don't really want who is pissed off we blocked a move that might be better for him? 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If Hamilton were to stay up and offer him a 2 year deal which offer do you think he would take? 

I think he'd take the 2 years with the likelihood of regular football. 

So offer him a two year deal as third choice striker and give him further opportunity to prove himself. 

I don't think he was the answer to our problems this season but he's clearly good enough for this level based on his recent Accies performances. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

So offer him a two year deal as third choice striker and give him further opportunity to prove himself. 

I don't think he was the answer to our problems this season but he's clearly good enough for this level based on his recent Accies performances. 

That's where I am.  If we do want to keep him we should be offering him 2 years. Otherwise we're wasting everyone's time. 

If we don't want him just let him go.  The clubs likely to be after him won't pay c£200k in compensation. 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So what would be the point of offering him a one year deal if it was just to block him moving on without us getting compensation? 

Does anyone really benefit from that if we've got a player we don't really want who is pissed off we blocked a move that might be better for him? 

I was offering him it on the basis that a new manager might try a different system where he could maybe be a useful squad member to have.

He's under no obligation to sign it...........just means we would be due a fee if he signs for someone else. If the other team(s) were put off by that fee, but he was still adamant he wanted to go elsewhere, I think the club would be a bit more pragmatic and either reduce the fee to a minimal level or maybe even write it off altogether

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

I was offering him it on the basis that a new manager might try a different system where he could maybe be a useful squad member to have.

He's under no obligation to sign it...........just means we would be due a fee if he signs for someone else. If the other team(s) were put off by that fee, but he was still adamant he wanted to go elsewhere, I think the club would be a bit more pragmatic and either reduce the fee to a minimal level or maybe even write it off altogether

Stopping a young loon that you don't actually want getting on with his career  by offering him a one year contract on the same money is a shitty thing to do imo.

The rules need to be changed imo. I suggest that changing it so you need to have offered him a new contract before the end of the a January window prior to his contract ending that summer would be a much fairer system. 

10 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What are you talking about?

It's to protect smaller teams from losing a young player for fuck all

It's a great rule 

I'm not disputing that.  I agree it's a good rule for the clubs. 

But I think they should have to offer the contract earlier rather than being allowed to wait right until the last minute before doing so.  Then it's also fairer for the player. 

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

What, 3 games?

Played the same amount of games as all 3 of our new strikers and been involved in more goals. 

Have to wait and see how he does until the end of the season

On 2/24/2021 at 4:25 PM, muttonhumper said:

C'mon to fuck min. ?

Again.

In the name of fuck.

My point was that when Cosgrove made an off hand comment about training when signing for Birmingham this was pulled apart and made in to a huge deal.

I always take the piss from people reading a million things in to a boring football interview.

I was making the point that if Cosgrove's training comment suggested a million bad things about Mcinnes (that some thought) then Anderson's must (in the same people's eyes) be meaningful in a positive sense.

4 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

My point was that when Cosgrove made an off hand comment about training when signing for Birmingham this was pulled apart and made in to a huge deal.

I always take the piss from people reading a million things in to a boring football interview.

I was making the point that if Cosgrove's training comment suggested a million bad things about Mcinnes (that some thought) then Anderson's must (in the same people's eyes) be meaningful in a positive sense.

Ok, nae bother.

6 direct goal involvements, 6 times the amount we've had in the onion bag since he left.

Not that he'd have been the answer for us, but it just shows you how bad we are. 

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Yea it's looking difficult for us not to retain him as one of, hopefully, four strikers next season.

Think it will depend on the manager.  Writing on the wall for a player like Anderson, when he's loaned out and is replaced by Callum Hendry!  Anderson has loads more ability than Hendry - but clearly Hendry has been brought in to satisfy the requirement for a certain type of player who better fits McInnes style of play/system.

He's shown enough at Hamilton that'll get a contract at another Prem team.

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Think it will depend on the manager.  Writing on the wall for a player like Anderson, when he's loaned out and is replaced by Callum Hendry!  Anderson has loads more ability than Hendry - but clearly Hendry has been brought in to satisfy the requirement for a certain type of player who better fits McInnes style of play/system.

He's shown enough at Hamilton that'll get a contract at another Prem team.

Hendry was surely the Curtis Main replacement, no?

Kamberi would be the Anderson replacement. 

There's no doubt Anderson has started well at Hamilton. Whether that is enough to tempt a new manager to give him a new contract remains to be seen. But if we stick with McInnes, then he certainly won't be returning

8 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Yea it's looking difficult for us not to retain him as one of, hopefully, four strikers next season.

To clarify I'm meaning that regardless of the manager being mcinnes, no manager or a new manager.

He's now on what 2 goals and 4 assists? We are going to be obliged to be seen to sign him on for another contract.

He's got 7 league games and however many in the cup to build on the goals/assists.