Bruce Anderson

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

To clarify I'm meaning that regardless of the manager being mcinnes, no manager or a new manager.

He's now on what 2 goals and 4 assists? We are going to be obliged to be seen to sign him on for another contract.

He's got 7 league games and however many in the cup to build on the goals/assists.

McInnes just doesn't rate him imo. 

Played one up front the entire time he was here when it's obvious he'd be better in a pair. 

As soon as he's off and three new forwards are in McInnes moves to 352 with two strikers up front. 

I just watched the 2 minutes highlights segment on BBC, a couple of nice touches by Anderson on the run up to the goal but it's a bit generous to give him an assist for the goal. It was some strike from the Accies player.

Anderson also had another great bit of play that set up the shot that hit the post. Based on the limited highlights that I have seen of Anderson at Hamilton,, he's worth keeping.

The keeper Fulton is also worth keeping an eye on, he's young, makes a few mistakes but seems to be a good prospect. 

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McInnes just doesn't rate him imo. 

Played one up front the entire time he was here when it's obvious he'd be better in a pair. 

As soon as he's off and three new forwards are in McInnes moves to 352 with two strikers up front. 

Oh 100% it's clear he hates him. 

BUT even still it's pointing towards we have to be seen to sign him to an extension in the next month or so.

17 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

You're all assuming that Anderson will want to stay, even if offered a contract. 

If McInnes is staying then I can't see Anderson wanting to hang around any longer. If a new manager comes in then possible.

If you were Brian Rice who is obviously getting a tune out of the boy you'd be saying we want you to come here in the summer. If we stay up we'll offer you a 2 or even 3 year contract.  Motivates the player to help them stay up and makes him feel wanted. 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If you were Brian Rice who is obviously getting a tune out of the boy you'd be saying we want you to come here in the summer. If we stay up we'll offer you a 2 or even 3 year contract.  Motivates the player to help them stay up and makes him feel wanted. 

i dont see them doing that until it's absolutely clear we won't be offering a new contract. Not sure they could afford the compensation we'd be due

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

i dont see them doing that until it's absolutely clear we won't be offering a new contract. Not sure they could afford the compensation we'd be due

Aye but I said if you were Brian Rice and you wanted him you'd be having a word in his ear. I'm not convinced we'll offer him a new contract anyway. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but I said if you were Brian Rice and you wanted him you'd be having a word in his ear. I'm not convinced we'll offer him a new contract anyway. 

I'm convinced it's looking like we'll have no choice but to protect our investment. Even signing him in April and selling him for £80k in July or August is good sense.

It's starting to look like we can't give him a free transfer.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I'm convinced it's looking like we'll have no choice but to protect our investment. Even signing him in April and selling him for £80k in July or August is good sense.

It's starting to look like we can't give him a free transfer.

Similar to Pawlett isn't it?

Went out on loan late at the end of his contract as well. Then did well at St Johnstone causing a bit of a rethink back at Pittodrie 

Only problem with Anderson is the McInnes effect. McInnes has no clue how best to utilise different types of strikers. That much has been blatantly obvious numerous seasons & certainly not least this season.

If a poor manager like Rice can get a semi decent tune out of Anderson (playing in a two) then it just shows how single minded McInnes is regards attacking play & failure to mix it up.

14 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Only problem with Anderson is the McInnes effect. McInnes has no clue how best to utilise different types of strikers. That much has been blatantly obvious numerous seasons & certainly not least this season.

If a poor manager like Rice can get a semi decent tune out of Anderson (playing in a two) then it just shows how single minded McInnes is regards attacking play & failure to mix it up.

Absolutely correct. We've seen Aberdeen under McInnes long enough to know there is no chance a player like Anderson stands a chance.

Needs to be a big strong cunt. Poor Mackie wouldn't have stood a chance (although this is a positive)

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Aye exactly. First game of the season is proof of that, aimless long balls getting launched up to him.

As others have said IF mcinness is to stay not a chance Anderson would sign on a new deal, and couldn't blame him.

Shown enough for me that he can cut it at this level, just need a new manager in who can get a tune out of him

On 3/4/2021 at 8:39 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Absolutely correct. We've seen Aberdeen under McInnes long enough to know there is no chance a player like Anderson stands a chance.

Needs to be a big strong cunt. Poor Mackie wouldn't have stood a chance (although this is a positive)

Thirded!! McInnes had absolutely no idea how to use a player like Anderson! 

Hope the player can continue his form this season, come back next season and have a right crack at it!

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

Anderson is just another Mackie IMO. I would agree the tactics didn't suit him but even still I didn't see anything to suggest he could make it at a top 6 side in the SPL. 

Just wondering but how much have you actually seen of Anderson as he is nothing like Mackie

• Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 4:32 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

Would take Anderson back at Aberdeen & Mcinnes gone that is for sure

On 2/17/2021 at 4:34 PM, Tord31 said:

Your wish shall come true eventually

On 2/17/2021 at 4:37 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

Preferably this summer. Fk that ‘eventually’ shite ?

Well if I had had to choose one or the other I certainly got my first preference ?

Still hope we give Anderson a new deal & chance to play under a different manager that will hopefully know how best to use him. Can guarantee that likes of Sheerin & Robson know how best to use him so hopefully they can pass this info on to Glass. 

McInnes game management boring shite has been the hindrance of the vast majority of our youth players. His style will take all enthusiasm from the game for young players. He wants ‘seasoned pros’ that will follow his dullard scripts

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Well if I had had to choose one or the other I certainly got my first preference ?

Still hope we give Anderson a new deal & chance to play under a different manager that will hopefully know how best to use him. Can guarantee that likes of Sheerin & Robson know how best to use him so hopefully they can pass this info on to Glass. 

McInnes game management boring shite has been the hindrance of the vast majority of our youth players. His style will take all enthusiasm from the game for young players. He wants ‘seasoned pros’ that will follow his dullard scripts

fairly sure Bruce will sign on again. If we are going with four strikers then its a no brainer. If we go with three strikers then obviously its more of a actual decision - i certainly wouldnt want to face a spell where we only had anderson because of injuries

15 hours ago, Tord31 said:

i certainly wouldnt want to face a spell where we only had anderson because of injuries

I think there would be little point in signing him at all if the manager thinks this way.  If Bruce gets a sniff that this is what the manager thinks he should be thinking, "sack this, I'm off".  He's now gone just that little bit beyond "prospect" and needs to be playing min 20 games for us next season.  If that is unlikely to happen we should let him go and give the (using your logic) fourth striker role to the likes of Michael Ruth, or whoever else is "next in line".

In my view he's done enough at Hamilton to prove that he can play in this league at the very least. Jury is still out if he's gonna do it at the other end of the table for us. It really depends upon what the targets are for us; if it's to get all the youngsters in the team then we probably will need to view top 6 as a moderate success due to the relative inconsistencies in young players' performances.  Are we willing to accept this for one season if it means we can gel a group of good young players in the first team? A step back to take a step forward?  If this is what we're aiming at then we need to sign him up and make him feel ten feet tall (but not in the target man sense you understand....).

I would bring in a big name centre-back and a big-name no10 on decent salaries to complement our strong midfield and Bruce up top, and build the team around this spine.

4 hours ago, The Hulk said:

I think there would be little point in signing him at all if the manager thinks this way.  If Bruce gets a sniff that this is what the manager thinks he should be thinking, "sack this, I'm off".  He's now gone just that little bit beyond "prospect" and needs to be playing min 20 games for us next season.  If that is unlikely to happen we should let him go and give the (using your logic) fourth striker role to the likes of Michael Ruth, or whoever else is "next in line".

In my view he's done enough at Hamilton to prove that he can play in this league at the very least. Jury is still out if he's gonna do it at the other end of the table for us. It really depends upon what the targets are for us; if it's to get all the youngsters in the team then we probably will need to view top 6 as a moderate success due to the relative inconsistencies in young players' performances.  Are we willing to accept this for one season if it means we can gel a group of good young players in the first team? A step back to take a step forward?  If this is what we're aiming at then we need to sign him up and make him feel ten feet tall (but not in the target man sense you understand....).

I would bring in a big name centre-back and a big-name no10 on decent salaries to complement our strong midfield and Bruce up top, and build the team around this spine.

I'm not convinced he's ready to be a first pick but i'd be delighted to be proven wrong. Agree on signing a top player, on the level of Brown, in defence and up front

• 2 weeks later...