Bruce Anderson

McIness treatment of Anderson is really pissing me off.

Why have we signed Curtis Main and James Wilson when we have a better striker than both? 

Just prickish treatment of a homegrown prospect.

You're basing this on what exactly? Andersons fleeting minutes for the first team? 

McInnes watches the players every day in training, I think i'd rather take his opinion on the players abilities than yours.

• Downvote 1

You're basing this on what exactly? Andersons fleeting minutes for the first team? 

McInnes watches the players every day in training, I think i'd rather take his opinion on the players abilities than yours.

Agreed, everyone rimming Anderson for a first team start. If he was good enough he would be playing. We have seen that with Cosgrove who wasn't good enough to begin with.

There is more to being a first team player than being able to score goals against a 3rd choice goalie in an u21s game. 

• They need a good work rate;
  • The ability to fit the system that the first team is playing. Tactically and also physically, McInnes likes a big CF, for example.
  • They need to be able to track back and defend when required, relating to workrate;
  • Tracking back and helping out the midfield when the ball isn't getting to you
  • Have the right attitude in training
  • Have the right attitude overall, which I think is why Logan manages to keep getting games, I suspect he's one of those who works his arse off in training and everyone gets on with. McInnes likes that in a player.

Anderson looks like a decent finisher, but he's obviously lacking some of the above which is what's keeping him out of the first team. Let's face it, he's only scored 2 for us. You'd think the way everyone is raving about him that he's scored loads. 

There is more to being a first team player than being able to score goals against a 3rd choice goalie in an u21s game. 

• The ability to fit the system that the first team is playing. Tactically and also physically, McInnes likes a big CF, for example.
  • They need to be able to track back and defend when required, relating to workrate;
  • Have the right attitude overall, which I think is why Logan manages to keep getting games, I suspect he's one of those who works his arse off in training and everyone gets on with. McInnes likes that in a player.

Anderson looks like a decent finisher, but he's obviously lacking some of the above which is what's keeping him out of the first team. Let's face it, he's only scored 2 for us. You'd think the way everyone is raving about him that he's scored loads. 

#InDerekWeTrust

• Downvote 1

Well said

• Downvote 1
  • 1 month later...

He’s a young lad that has come in & again shown he has more instincts for goal than any of the others other than Cosgrove & has been given less minutes than the rest to prove himself.

He needs a fair crack of the whip.

I will continue to support him getting games over both Main & Wilson until the latter two prove they are better.

Was great to see him get the winner. Brilliant pics of him buzzing afterwards.

Was a pretty damn good finish as well.

He is a natural finisher. At least with the ball at his feet he is. Haven’t anything yet to suggest he has any potential in aerial battles but guys that have watched him in reserves will hopefully tell us if he will compete in that department later on once he gets time in first team.

• Downvote 1

Small, natural finisher with a bit of pace, but you come up with:

"Haven’t anything yet to suggest he has any potential in aerial battles but guys that have watched him in reserves will hopefully tell us if he will compete in that department later on"

Do you think he's going to grow another foot taller? Does Sergio Aguero need to work on his aerial battles too?

Small, natural finisher with a bit of pace, but you come up with:

"Haven’t anything yet to suggest he has any potential in aerial battles but guys that have watched him in reserves will hopefully tell us if he will compete in that department later on"

Do you think he's going to grow another foot taller? Does Sergio Aguero need to work on his aerial battles too?

You completely misread what I said or took something of your own bs understanding of it & are now attempting to make something from it that I didn’t say.

• Downvote 1

Does he score many goals with his head for the reserves against equally (still growing) physical type players?

Will he have the complete package to his game as far as getting goals of all types. Once he is matured & established in the first team in other words. Was what I was hoping those that have watched him for reserves could tell us.

He can score with both feet & would like to know if he decent with the heid as well.

If you like we could drag this out all nite & longer but there was fk all wrong in my information requests about a player I have seen little of. Regardless of his height lol

• Downvote 1

When he scored a fantastic winning effort today, why did you choose to comment on his prowess in aerial battles? That is clearly not going to be a big part of his game.

Could you clarify the point you were trying to make that I apparently missed, thanks.

I didn’t do that though did I?

You are speaking shite aren’t you?

I have been nothing but complimentary of Anderson & said I haven’t seen enough of him to judge his all round game as a striker.

He clearly has an undoubtedly great eye for goal & can finish with both feet. From the few opportunities I have had to see of him.

• Downvote 1

He's 21.

Whilst a late height spurt is a possibility its rare and unlikely he's going to get any taller now.

He'll struggle to play up front on his own in the McInnes formation. Whether he'll still be here post McInnes remains to be seen.

Whilst I'm totally behind the younger players getting opportunities he's 21 and has 3 goals for Aberdeen and appears to be 3rd choice. He's running out of time here, especially with the current management. I can see him doing a Shankland though somewhere else

He's 21.

Whilst a late height spurt is a possibility its rare and unlikely he's going to get any taller now.

He'll struggle to play up front on his own in the McInnes formation. Whether he'll still be here post McInnes remains to be seen.

Whilst I'm totally behind the younger players getting opportunities he's 21 and has 3 goals for Aberdeen and appears to be 3rd choice. He's running out of time here, especially with the current management. I can see him doing a Shankland though somewhere else

3 goals in the time he’s been given is very good for a young player.

3 times the amount Main has scored with similar if not less overall game time.

Two sub appearances with about 15-20 mins remaining

Three subs with about ten mins or less remaining

Two sub appearances in final minute of 90 mins (& the 120 mins in cup game)

Basically seven shitty wee cameo goes to Mains 14 appearances of which he’s had six starts.

Anderson has had about an hour of game time this season, maybe seventy minutes at a push.

• Downvote 1

I didn’t do that though did I?

You are speaking shite aren’t you?

I have been nothing but complimentary of Anderson & said I haven’t seen enough of him to judge his all round game as a striker.

He clearly has an undoubtedly great eye for goal & can finish with both feet. From the few opportunities I have had to see of him.

You did. Let's just agree that you are being your usual contrary self because you're bored. Quiet night back at work?