Sign in to follow this  
Foster14

Life's Curiosities

A thread for musings from the inane to the inner depths of psychological wonderings.

Why is it, when you are walking along and you see someone walking a bit unusually, it fucks you up? I can be walking down a street, perfectly reasonable stride (bit gimpy instep with the right foot but nothing major) but then you see someone with a strange gait or a emphatic arm swing and your own conscious goes in to overdrive.

I mean the novel walk, not the physically impared walk, but you see it and you think it looks a bit unusual, or a bit unorthodox and you start thinking about your own walk? That moment of clarity on someone else's walk leads to self doubt and major internal questioning about your own walk.

Then you just can't walk properly, it goes to pot. No matter how confident your stride was before it's gone. Arms pinned to the side because that last person had a jolly swing. Short steps because that person had a lunging gait. Then surely someone sees you and thinks, what the fuck, that person walks weird.

Leads to one perpetual chain of self-doubting fucked up striding weirdos.

The age old question of why grown adults express themselves through LOLz and emojis on internet football forums, and why it annoys Geordie bestiality lovers so much?

:hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Nah @@Dad is your man for that.

Whether I do or no, is neither here nor there - the cunts in California.

Edited by Dad

So no-one else has this issue?

I'm sure if you did a scientific experiment where a whole load of normal walk folk were put in an area with one person with a bizarre walk, over time more and more people's walking style would be commentable.

So no-one else has this issue?

I'm sure if you did a scientific experiment where a whole load of normal walk folk were put in an area with one person with a bizarre walk, over time more and more people's walking style would be commentable.

So you've got a gimp leg?

Had a browse of the other AFC forums and decided I’d stay here.

Only thing making work bearable.

Good stuff min, pretty sure you were given a pass on the DWT anyway ;)

A thread for musings from the inane to the inner depths of psychological wonderings.

Why is it, when you are walking along and you see someone walking a bit unusually, it fucks you up? I can be walking down a street, perfectly reasonable stride (bit gimpy instep with the right foot but nothing major) but then you see someone with a strange gait or a emphatic arm swing and your own conscious goes in to overdrive.

I mean the novel walk, not the physically impared walk, but you see it and you think it looks a bit unusual, or a bit unorthodox and you start thinking about your own walk? That moment of clarity on someone else's walk leads to self doubt and major internal questioning about your own walk.

Then you just can't walk properly, it goes to pot. No matter how confident your stride was before it's gone. Arms pinned to the side because that last person had a jolly swing. Short steps because that person had a lunging gait. Then surely someone sees you and thinks, what the fuck, that person walks weird.

Leads to one perpetual chain of self-doubting fucked up striding weirdos.

I am a fucking nightmare with folk with physical disabilities. I genuinely feel sorry for them but can’t deal with it. Obviously try and not draw attention by staring at the massive cyst growing out of their face but I think that’s sometimes worse as it is almost more blatant when you are avoiding looking at it.

I am also prone to develop a nervous fit of the giggles in any inappropriate situation. Been many a meeting when I’ve had to almost pull a hernia and not make eye contact as someone comes in with no arms or produces that one of their relatives died at the weekend. A speech impediment during a presentation has been known to faking a phonecall and having to bail out.

It is clearly in no way fucking funny must be my brain going into panic mode and defaulting to

some sort of tourette’s. Either that or I am just sick as fuck.

Starving Africans or slavering wheelchair users on the telly when I'm trying to eat repulse me. Should be a warning before they cut to those scenes.

Ill PM you with a dog next week. If it doesn’t win I’ll actually close my account and stick a dildo on my own bonnet (with pics)

xxx

OR just be a man of your word and stop posting for a year that's a fair compromise.

PS - PM the geordie fud with the dog, he's into that kind of thing.

Starving Africans or slavering wheelchair users on the telly when I'm trying to eat repulse me. Should be a warning before they cut to those scenes.

Aye get them to fuck, trying to guilt trip into folk setting up direct debits so some oxbridge bint can earn a decent salary. The best way to support africans is just send direct cash and/or contribute to the local economy by shagging whores. 

Should be banned from eating establishments. Gadz and a waste of my money if one comes in mid-meal.

Fuck contributing to an aid charity, your just paying for some guffy middle class peados all expenses paid jolly.