Life's Curiosities

Foster14

4 minutes ago, the shepherd said:

Just a theory but don't you think it is very much coincidental that not too long after confirming the UK's decision to leave the EU by 01/01/2020, and the other trade alliances that go with it, we are hit with a global  "pandemic" of which the UK is allegedly deeply effected with, pro rata.  

Like I say, just a thought but I wonder if we would even be aware this "horrid" virus existed at all had we remained after all. 

Just after 9am, and you've posted the most insane thing I'll read all day. 

• Upvote 7
Guest the shepherd
2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Brilliant stuff, Shep. ?

Cheers Milne loon?. Like I said, just a theory and a thought but haven't heard anyone raise this as a valid (or invalid) point in the media or outwith the press. 

9 minutes ago, the shepherd said:

Excellent post, Minijc. Come what January the 1st, this island of ours may as well follow the route of the lost continent of Atlantis or drift away off the planet. We are well and truly fucked. 

Just a theory but don't you think it is very much coincidental that not too long after confirming the UK's decision to leave the EU by 01/01/2020, and the other trade alliances that go with it, we are hit with a global  "pandemic" of which the UK is allegedly deeply effected with, pro rata.  

Like I say, just a thought but I wonder if we would even be aware this "horrid" virus existed at all had we remained after all. 

It would have at least made John Craven’s Newsround.

” And finally , in China lots of people are coughing and shit after a man ate a bat supper !  It could have been avoided had the bat ‘flu’ away ‘  [smirk at camera , shuffle papers ]. Good evening.

• Downvote 1
  • Site Sponsor
34 minutes ago, the shepherd said:

Excellent post, Minijc. Come what January the 1st, this island of ours may as well follow the route of the lost continent of Atlantis or drift away off the planet. We are well and truly fucked. 

Just a theory but don't you think it is very much coincidental that not too long after confirming the UK's decision to leave the EU by 01/01/2022, and the other trade alliances that go with it, we are hit with a global  "pandemic" of which the UK is allegedly deeply effected with, pro rata.  

Fuck’s sake ???

56 minutes ago, the shepherd said:

Just a theory but don't you think it is very much coincidental that not too long after confirming the UK's decision to leave the EU by 01/01/2021, and the other trade alliances that go with it, we are hit with a global  "pandemic" of which the UK is allegedly deeply effected with, pro rata.  

^^If there was any doubt the Hat attracts some seriously disturbed individuals 

Guest the shepherd
5 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

^^If there was any doubt the Hat attracts some seriously disturbed individuals 

?You don't agree then, Brian? Just putting across a point that may or may not be wrong. I can foresee it being far more bureaucratic for you entering our shores in the future, if choosing to do so. 

These prolonged and unnecessary restrictive measures makes you become increasingly cynical and sceptical but not disturbed as you put it. 

Guest the shepherd
2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You haven't put across any point. Until you complete your thinking, it's just bollocks. 

Ok, here goes my theory.

China aren't very happy about how the UK EU referendum vote went and, latterly, towards the end of 2019 that the UK have finally made moves to formally leave the union, this, in turn, imminently breaking a major and longstanding trading alliance we had with China via our membership with the EU.

China plan revenge. A strain of virus of which we haven't heard of is released covertly into the atmosphere. Primarily, the virus spreads via microscopic particles being dispersed into the air, with air travel being the main method of transmission and for reaching its intended target group. 

The UK, although being fully aware of the alleged danger to life that the virus carries and its potency, continue to allow flights to arrive here from China into Heathrow daily despite being advised this virus is prevalent and killing people.

China cleverly exploit the fact we are led by a very weak, ignorant and thick government who are more concerned with protecting their egos and preserving their own self-prestige rather than looking after and serving its people and being strong and transparent. However, the UK government realise, all too late, it has well and truly fucked up by hoodwinking the majority of the electorate to vote Tory in order to "get Brexit done", realising we should have continued to remain part of the EU in order to reap the benefits of our trade alliance with China via cheaper raw materials and perennial investment from Chinese backers.

Like I said earlier, just a theory. Maybe be purely coincidence, or not.

Kinda backfired if striking the UK via airborne virus had the slight side effect of killing hundreds of thousands of their good trading partners populations in the EU to reach us, not to mention the global 'collateral' including their own people. Not that the latter would concern them too much i suppose.

They do realise they can still have a trade agreement with the UK post Brexit right?

Guest the shepherd
39 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

At least you had the balls to say something. I just think it's bollocks for too many reasons to articulate. 

Cheers min?. At least you have the bottle to say you disagree and why, in a rational manner, without resorting to tedium.

On 9/17/2020 at 8:17 PM, Fridge said:

The most random thing is that folk are so fed up now that if some independent came forward and said fuck this shit, time to stop playing politics and get the economy back they would get votes.

Maybe MT is the man.

I'm going to go into town next week and support the bird across from Markies, every revolution starts with the first step. 

Guest milne_afc

Couldn't be arsed looking for the appropriate thread, but this is close enough as its an open question for knowledge/information. 

Does anyone know anything about removal and disposal of an asbestos roof? Looks easy enough to strip, just can't be arsed with local authorities sticking their noses in when it's time to get rid of the corrugated sheets when? 

Are there any reputable pikeys in the area right now? Failing that, is the back of Sheddocksley playing fields still accessible via the Howes Road? 

TIA.