Aberdeen V Livingston

Beating rangers has got us two trips to hampden.

I'm not going to sweat over a below par home season. Our away form is so good it balances out. It's frustrating but we're still in a good position.

Yup. Frustrating but it's easier to iron out the results against the crap teams.

As MT said, some folk said they'd prefer to win more big games and drop points against the shitter teams.

We've had three (unbeaten) old firm games on the bounce before today so maybe a reaction to that as we put a lot into all those games.

The cup semi-final is our biggest game of the season if we win that and go on to win the final I couldn't care less if we didn't win another home game all season.

It really is time we won the Scottish Cup again. Everything else this season is secondary. At least we have something to play for unlike the big spending mongs from Govan whose season is already over.

Never read anyone saying that.

Name names?

There was quite a lot of that type of chat going on last season on here. People saying we were constantly shitting the bed against the ugly sisters (which pre split we were) and comparing us to Lennon's Hibs who were getting consistent results against them and showed no fear in how they set up.

It was pointed out to those complaining and calling to have Lennon replace McInnes on the basis of performances solely against the old firm that we were ahead of Hibs in the league and virtually always got the better of them when we played them.

Wright > McLennan

Wright got decent game time September to November. And was totally shite.

McLennan is 2 years younger and still will be inconsistent. But I think McLennan's potential is far greater than Wright's. I hope he comes back in summer and proves me wrong but my gut feeling is that Dundee is Wright's true level and this time next year we will probably be looking to offload him still with a year on his contract.

I think Wright needs a summer in the gym as he needs to fill out a bit. No reason why he can't Ryan Christie did it and it's paying dividends for him at Celtic. I think Wright has the talent to play wide or as a ten but at times he's too easily knocked off the ball. He has the technical ability and speed no doubt about that. If he can combine that with more physicality we might just have a player on our hands.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3166614/celtic-ryan-christie-stone-muscle/amp/

There was quite a lot of that type of chat going on last season on here. People saying we were constantly shitting the bed against the ugly sisters (which pre split we were) and comparing us to Lennon's Hibs who were getting consistent results against them and showed no fear in how they set up.

It was pointed out to those complaining and calling to have Lennon replace McInnes on the basis of performances solely against the old firm that we were ahead of Hibs in the league and virtually always got the better of them when we played them.

Huge exaggeration there. I'd be very surprised if you could find anyone that wanted Lennon to manage Aberdeen.

Why can't we just beat every cunt btw?

Win a cup (especially the SC) & finish in top four is perfectly ample for us, if we are not capable of winning the league.

So long as we get Europa it doesn't matter a fk if we finish 2nd, 3rd, or 4th & get to finals/semis in both cups.

Put it this way. I'd have taken the Huns results over us last season & their final league position for their draw in Europa.

We finished second & what fkn good did it do? Shite Europa draw.

I'd take our cup runs/results this season & any Europa pos in league over shit cup runs & second place.

• Upvote 1

Right. Could understand folk wanting better results against top teams but happy to drop points against the shitter teams appeared a bit odd.

Results against the top teams have certainly improved this season. Shame our home form is spoiling things a bit.

Let's hope the Scottish cup has our name on it this year.

I'll be quite happy getting into Europe by winning the Scottish Cup.

But that's 2 points from St Johnstone, Livingston, Hamilton and St Mirren at home on recent weeks. 10 points dropped that we should be picking up. 4 of the bottom 5 teams in the league at home.

McInnes has built a team that better suited to hitting other teams on the break rather than making the play. Creativity from the middle of the park practically nil these days

Ok maybe posters calling for Lennon to replace McInnes wasn't quite correct due to him being a massive cunt but there were plenty comparing Hibs' performances in the big games to AFC's and questioning why they were doing so much better. It was pointed out by several that we were above them in the league and they were basically our bitches when played each other. There was debate as to what would they prefer more consistent results against the ugly sisters at the expense of a lower league finish.

This season we've probably had the most consistent results against the ugly sisters (don't think anyone can match 3 wins combined plus we are the only team to take anything from Parkhead). But we sit in 3rd a long 8 points behind Sevco due to poorer results than normal against the lesser sides. If we end the season 3rd or 4th and no cup win is it better and more satisfying than last season when we finished 2nd purely because we did a lot better against the ugly sisters?

Beating rangers has got us two trips to hampden.

I'm not going to sweat over a below par home season. Our away form is so good it balances out. It's frustrating but we're still in a good position.

The point is though the majority of the fans are at home games not away.

Some can only take so much of paying good money to see the same shit at home all the time,and it also affects attendances....

As another poster said Scottish Fitba is shite,paying to watch that shite today is criminal.

Saw a better game last week watching Banks O Dee....10 times more commitment.

• Upvote 1

Ok maybe posters calling for Lennon to replace McInnes wasn't quite correct due to him being a massive cunt but there were plenty comparing Hibs' performances in the big games to AFC's and questioning why they were doing so much better. It was pointed out by several that we were above them in the league and they were basically our bitches when played each other. There was debate as to what would they prefer more consistent results against the ugly sisters at the expense of a lower league finish.

This season we've probably had the most consistent results against the ugly sisters (don't think anyone can match 3 wins combined plus we are the only team to take anything from Parkhead). But we sit in 3rd a long 8 points behind Sevco due to poorer results than normal against the lesser sides. If we end the season 3rd or 4th and no cup win is it better and more satisfying than last season when we finished 2nd purely because we did a lot better against the ugly sisters?

If McInnes genuinely has figured out how to beat the cunts in the Weeg, and this isn't just some happy anomaly, then he's finally taken a step up in his own managerial ability. Which is great for us. 

Now he just has to relearn how to beat the shite and we've a boss who's ready to leave us and give the English leagues another shot. Which is not so great for us.  

• Upvote 1

How many home games do Aberdeen have after the break.??? If it's 3 at home forget 3 rd place. Mcinnes you need to kick your Donas up the arse. Another bullshit result at home. Kilmarnock will take 3rd spot there will no Scottish cup, shinnie will join the Huns, McKenna will be gone, Mcinnes will still be here with wiggy, happy season 2019-2020.

Exactly.

I'd take third, a cup final, and a semi-final (and it could still be still be more than that) with three wins over Rangers ahead of last season. Absolutely.

We've had more lows this season, but we've also had more highs. Last season was all a bit "meh".

• Upvote 3

Exactly.

Would much prefer to piss the cunts off & knock them out of both cups than just revel in second place over them like last season.

As long as we still get into Europa next season, it's been a better season/end result for me & probably has been financially for the club also

I'd take third, a cup final, and a semi-final (and it could still be still be more than that) with three wins over Rangers ahead of last season. Absolutely.

We've had more lows this season, but we've also had more highs. Last season was all a bit "meh".

I'd agree there have been more highs and lows this season.

We could actually beat Rangers 4 times in Glasgow this season and still finish 4th or 5th (could easily happen with our home form). If we lose the SC semi i'm not so sure I'd say our season as a whole was better than last year when we finished 2nd and above Sevco for the second year running. If Sevco finish second by a decent distance people will start saying that's the old duopoly back.

But yes beating "them" 4 times in Glasgow in the one season would be pretty special. But if it meant we missed out on Europe because we kept slipping up against teams we normally beat it would all be in vain.

Would agree with this.

We’ve got fuck all chance of winning the league, so does it matter if we are 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

We’ve got slightly more chance of winning one of the domestic cups, so that’s where the focus must be.