Nothing in the game until the first red.

The dons team of even two years ago would beat that Celtic side yesterday.

Really big transfer window in the summer now. Get it wrong again and I think we might struggle to be a top 3 team in the league.

We will always lose a key player here and there becuase of money down south but we're not replacing them.

Really big transfer window in the summer now. Get it wrong again and I think we might struggle to be a top 3 team in the league.

We will always lose a key player here and there becuase of money down south but we're not replacing them.

I think you are delusional on a number of issues.

I thought we were lucky not to concede early on, but after that Ball's red card fucked us.

We were not creating anything and had no flair or drive - which was wholly predictable without all of shinnie / mcginn / gms.

Correct me if im wrong, but we are now in the ridiculous situation of wanting sellick to win the cup, so we (4th in the league presently)  can qualify comfortably for europe?

Looking at our squad of fit players, there was no way we could have set up to win that game. Injuries, poor transfer windows and poor form meant we were on a hiding to nothing. 

I probably agree and that's also why the tactics (such as they were) yesterday were basically to let Celtic have the ball in areas where they couldn't hurt us, then swarm around them whenever they got close to the penalty area and try to frustrate them. In other words, as ebbe says, basically just trying to hold out for as long as possible and play for a draw. 

Arguably it was working too, until the red card, as Celtic actually were getting frustrated and had created fuck-all after the initial flurry of chances in the opening few minutes. Then Ball went off and it was really just a question of how long until they scored and how many they fancied taking off us. 

Another shite-awful trip to Hampden to watch us lose to Celtic without laying a glove on them. Sick of it. 

Can’t fault anything said, apart from the “pretty even” bit.

Frustration for me was the Simunovic run what 2 minutes in? Exactly what we said shouldn’t happen after the Pittodrie 0-3 debacle. Either May, Stewart or Cosgrove has to track that run.

This told me two things - that Derek still hadn’t learned the lesson from that day that you have to pressure them to have any chance. And secondly the Celtic, new manager and all, knew full well we wouldn’t have learned from that day.

And this isn’t a dig at the young loons in midfield. Quite the opposite, thought they did ok.

I just don't think he knows how to get at this Celtic side. Or he does, but just doesn't have the personnel to do it. I don't think I've ever left a game so angry. The conduct of everyone was a disgrace.

2 reds

Management staff in the stands

3-0 down on 67 mins

That's the type of shit that they should be refunding fans for. Truly embarrassing day for Aberdeen.

Agreed. Red card killed it, once again. I wonder if we will ever get a fair crack at Celtic at Hampden.

Celtic have released a statement saying they hope the offensive chants towards their fans are investigated.

It always amazes me that some of their support are more offended by people mocking the club for covering up child abuse than they are about the abuse itself. 

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

There will be some SFA beak agreeing with their statement and will brush it all under the carpet. We will hear nothing more about this.