Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Funso Ojo

Agreed, think Ferguson is being wasted by being forced into a slightly deeper role.

He always looks best in his link up play in more advanced positions.

Also like to see him taking more free kicks

Agree about Ferguson- against St Johnstone when they were down to 9 men, slowed the game down far too much and played far too deep.

Tomorrow, get him in that no.10 role and put Vyner into the deeper lying position

Back on topic, Ojo is s great wee player and makes us tick. Haste ye back.

No, and being dismissive though you are I think that's a crucial point.  He isn't particularly attack minded.  Hes not very effective in their half from what we've seen of him so far.  But compare the two:

Lewis > Mckenna > Devlin > Logan > Devlin >Mckenna > Considine > Mcginn and out for the the throw (and thats against 9 men).

or

Lewis >  Ojo > midfield moving forwards against defence moving backwards and take it from there.

Cant be arsed checking but I suspect hes probably played twice the time of Gleeson and Forrester combined?  Possibly Bryson too? 

Totally bizarre calling Bryson shit, the best we've played this season is when we had Ojo sitting and Bryson and Ferguson in front of him making runs going forward.

That 3-0 game against Ross County is the best we've played this season and they couldn't live with the movement of Bryson (and Ferguson) that day. He was also the only one who remotely looked like a footballer when he came on against Celtic

Havent seen Bryson for more than 20 minutes live so unfair to comment over those that have.  But Ojo, Ferguson and Bryson all seem a wee bit similar to me.  Not really an attacking midfielder in there.  Smacks of Dereks determination (as when theyre fit I think thats his chosen three)  to overfill the middle of the park in front of a static defence.  And that defence already has the obvious problem of trying to shoehorn in Considine, Leigh and Devlin into two positions.

So.  Solid in the middle.  Heres hoping the opposition, the arse cheeks in particular, havent sussed that and play decent wide men.  Doh!  

Guest the shepherd

Havent seen Bryson for more than 20 minutes live so unfair to comment over those that have. But Ojo, Ferguson and Bryson all seem a wee bit similar to me. Not really an attacking midfielder in there. Smacks of Dereks determination (as when theyre fit I think thats his chosen three) to overfill the middle of the park in front of a static defence. And that defence already has the obvious problem of trying to shoehorn in Considine, Leigh and Devlin into two positions.

So. Solid in the middle. Heres hoping the opposition, the arse cheeks in particular, havent sussed that and play decent wide men. Doh!

Lewis Ferguson is a class apart from tgat two.

He said “type”

He clearly didn’t mean them.

He referenced them as we’ve had them on loan

And I agree with him.

That “TYPE” and a fast winger similar to the job Hayes did for us a few years back.

I'm sorry but the suggestion of Christie/Maddison types and a Jonny Hayes type would improve our team is a bit "no shit" to me. I'm sure McInnes is aware of this too

I'm sorry but the suggestion of Christie/Maddison types and a Jonny Hayes type would improve our team is a bit "no shit" to me. I'm sure McInnes is aware of this too

Ok then what about a Wes Burns or Scott Wright type ya dafty. Not all signings will be England/Ireland internationals but we'll compliment the team well by trying to sign an 8/10 to pair with 2 of Ferguson, Bryson and Ojo

I'm excited by his return too. Devlin described him as a Rolls-Royce midfielder. I think he looked one of our best player before his injury. With everyone back from injury now playing around him I think he'll excel.

Must have been watching different games from me.  Apart from Hearts at home I thought he looked shite

Guest findlay_1903

Must have been watching different games from me.  Apart from Hearts at home I thought he looked shite

Cheery, only played a handful of games. I prefer to make judgment after a wee bit more time playing for us. Let’s go funso!

Guest the shepherd

Must have been watching different games from me. Apart from Hearts at home I thought he looked shite

Coming from a team that is 84th in the English League to a team that was third best in its country last season, it was always going to be difficult for the lad. Don't know why we persued him though when we were always his second choice, behind Hibs.

• 7 months later...

We now have Mcgeouch and Campbell stacking up behind Yesterday’s 3 starters potentially McGinn as well if we can get 2 of Kennedy, Hayes, Hedges and McLennan to fill the wing spots.

Surely a blind man with a plucky stringed instrument and a cows hind quarters to aim at could make a 1 DM 2 AM triangle out of that.  At least one good enough for fucking St Johnston.