Bryson

He's looked very average so far for us, rarely had a big affect on a game. I know we were never going to replace Shinnie like for like without a load of cash but the fact Derby fans were describing Shinnie as a "Young Bryson" probably sums it up as Bryson's looked nothing like a high energy midfielder playing for us so far.

With Campbell and Ferguson being quite young, we did need to sign an older head in the middle of the park with experience and in the past it worked with Barry Robson so you can see why we signed him but the fact he keeps having injury problems and is already 33, it doesn't look too good, reminds me a bit of when we signed an over the hill Paul Hartley.

Hope I'm wrong like but I can't see this guy playing week in week out and us doing well.

Doesn't take a crystal ball to predict an injury prone player will get injured. 

Wiki says Bryson played 288 games in 8 years at Derby. Average of 36 games a season. So to say he was injury prone when we signed him is shite.

He should have been allowed to recover fully from the injury he arrived with though. Unlucky with this one, as anyone's ankle would be fucked after that tackle from Davidson.

I think it's more that we signed him when he was still recovering from a fairly serious injury (and proceeded to rush him back to play in Europe) rather than let him recover fully from it that McInnes is culpable of. 

And of course as a player ages, injuries take longer to heal anyway. What cannot be disputed is that when he has appeared, he has generally been fucking mince. Maybe because he just isn't fully fit. But we cannot rule out the possibilty that he is just mince per se

I think it's more that we signed him when he was still recovering from a fairly serious injury (and proceeded to rush him back to play in Europe) rather than let him recover fully from it that McInnes is culpable of.

And of course as a player ages, injuries take longer to heal anyway. What cannot be disputed is that when he has appeared, he has generally been fucking mince. Maybe because he just isn't fully fit. But we cannot rule out the possibilty that he is just mince per se

I wouldn’t say he has been mince, more completely anonymous. We really haven’t had the benefit of having a full injury free first eleven this season so hard to tell how effective Bryson will be.

What's the difference?

Astounding that I have to explain this to you tbh.

Mince = culpable for loss of goals/passes into the stand/first touch of a proverbial/Darren Mackie

Completely anonymous = does nothing noteworthy/forgot he’s on the pitch

So while he could well be mince, he could also be brilliant. We’ve just not seen enough of him fit to really make judgement.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
Guest the shepherd

I wouldn't go far as saying he was rushed back into action over on Georgia, he's a fit loon for fucks sake, no excuses (prior to last Sunday).

Astounding that I have to explain this to you tbh.

Mince = culpable for loss of goals/passes into the stand/first touch of a proverbial/Darren Mackie

Completely anonymous = does nothing noteworthy/forgot he’s on the pitch

So while he could well be mince, he could also be brilliant. We’ve just not seen enough of him fit to really make judgement.

Hilarious.

You do realise that "mince" is subjective and has no definitive meaning in this context?

No actually you probably don't because you clearly have some sort of personality disorder.