If not DM, What is the Alternative?

GDON nailed it on the head.

We're not going to win the league with whoever comes in, yes we would like to win more silverware but there's no guarantee a new manager coming in could even get us into the position to challenge in cup finals regularly. McInnes has and does.

I agree his tactics at time cause my eyes to bleed but he still manages to get us into the position to compete at the biggest stage.

McInnes is also a big factor in signings coming here... majority of players (other than those who didn't play) love him and sign on. Even James Wilson resigned because he loved the team which McInnes has built, he could easyily have went to england and earned more money.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GDON nailed it on the head.

We're not going to win the league with whoever comes in, yes we would like to win more silverware but there's no guarantee a new manager coming in could even get us into the position to challenge in cup finals regularly. McInnes has and does.

I agree his tactics at time cause my eyes to bleed but he still manages to get us into the position to compete at the biggest stage.

McInnes is also a big factor in signings coming here... majority of players (other than those who didn't play) love him and sign on. Even James Wilson resigned because he loved the team which McInnes has built, he could easyily have went to england and earned more money.

I respectfully disagree with a few of your key points here. Firstly, he inherited an unbelievably weak playing field, one in which any manager who isn't a complete moron would have secured runner-up spot for the first three times we achieved just that. I grant you his 4th runner-up finish in 2018 was admirable, in the face of an emerging Zombie challenge and will also concede that losing cup finals to Celtic is no disgrace, but I'd offer a few more counter points here;

- The 'treble treble' winning Celtic side are nothing special, in historical terms, something their poor recent European record backs up. That we couldn't even lay a glove on them is disappointing, but the fact our manager continually flatters this decent but unspectacular Celtic side by employing fearty tactics, is unforgivable.

- With the draws we've had in Europe throughout his tenure, McInnes has no excuse whatsoever for not at least making a play-off round, if not a group stage, on at least one occasion. This latest shambolic exit is primarily down to him and his failure to learn from past mistakes.

- Speaking of past mistakes, when a manager continually repeats the same ones over and over - and is too stubborn to change things up - is it right that he is given a free pass from a Chairman whose ambition for the Club is little more than subservience to 'the natural order', feeding off scraps from the Wedgie table?

- Regarding your last point about Wilson, why did McInnes go to suggest great lengths to sign him again, then let him rot on the bench with little more than a few cameos that make Hitchcock look prolific?

- As for his recruitment record... He thought bringing journeyman Taylor back was a good idea AND has him as a first pick. Effectively trading an ageing Bryson (injured already) That doesn't bode well) for Shinnie doesn't cut it either. Poor value for money over his tenure, given the resources.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I respectfully disagree with a few of your key points here. Firstly, he inherited an unbelievably weak playing field, one in which any manager who isn't a complete moron would have secured runner-up spot for the first three times we achieved just that. I grant you his 4th runner-up finish in 2018 was admirable, in the face of an emerging Zombie challenge and will also concede that losing cup finals to Celtic is no disgrace, but I'd offer a few more counter points here;

- The 'treble treble' winning Celtic side are nothing special, in historical terms, something their poor recent European record backs up. That we couldn't even lay a glove on them is disappointing, but the fact our manager continually flatters this decent but unspectacular Celtic side by employing fearty tactics, is unforgivable.

- With the draws we've had in Europe throughout his tenure, McInnes has no excuse whatsoever for not at least making a play-off round, if not a group stage, on at least one occasion. This latest shambolic exit is primarily down to him and his failure to learn from past mistakes.

- Speaking of past mistakes, when a manager continually repeats the same ones over and over - and is too stubborn to change things up - is it right that he is given a free pass from a Chairman whose ambition for the Club is little more than subservience to 'the natural order', feeding off scraps from the Wedgie table?

- Regarding your last point about Wilson, why did McInnes go to suggest great lengths to sign him again, then let him rot on the bench with little more than a few cameos that make Hitchcock look prolific?

- As for his recruitment record... He thought bringing journeyman Taylor back was a good idea AND has him as a first pick. Effectively trading an ageing Bryson (injured already) That doesn't bode well) for Shinnie doesn't cut it either. Poor value for money over his tenure, given the resources.

Spot on dude, we need something to change, far too many shite performances in big games against average teams.

Not sure who would replace him.

Could be worse, at least we don't support Newcastle!

This is decided 2 league games in to  a season?  :suicide:

• Downvote 2

You honestly think Milne regrets it???

You're correct. He doesn't.

We all know McInnes deficiencies and they drive us all nuts but there is also a fear among many that if he were sacked Milne would be incapable of replacing him with anyone who would improve our lot. To be fair to McInnes he is only coming up just short of what we'd like to be. The absolute frustration is watching him make the same mistakes in the same matches time and time again. As a betting man, I think the odds favour Milne appointing another walking disaster if he had to replace DM rather than someone who would improve us.  

You're correct. He doesn't.

We all know McInnes deficiencies and they drive us all nuts but there is also a fear among many that if he were sacked Milne would be incapable of replacing him with anyone who would improve our lot. To be fair to McInnes he is only coming up just short of what we'd like to be. The absolute frustration is watching him make the same mistakes in the same matches time and time again. As a betting man, I think the odds favour Milne appointing another walking disaster if he had to replace DM rather than someone who would improve us.

I'd say the biggest problem is the quality of football for the past 2 seasons and the safety first tactics. Aye, we've had a few decent results (mainly against the huns in Glasgow) but watching us is hard going.