Aberdeen 0 - 4 Celtic

Rigid man-marking against a slick & mobile team like Celtic who can generate incisive passing from deep is not a good idea. Especially if you fail to press their deep-lying playmakers (in this case Brown & Ajer).

Defenders have got to be free to function zonally, so that if man for man battles are lost they can cover for teammates  and so that they can push up to play offside.

The way to play against a team that are better quality is to relentlessly press, suffocating the opponents space and time on the ball and forcing mistakes.

COYR

Your first sentence kind of nails the problem though, surely? Jack and McLean have been away over a year now. He's not really tried to find another way of playing other than the lazy hoof up the park. I genuinely think the manager is out of ideas now.

He signed Ojo to fill that exact role and in his first few games at least got praise for it.

Today was shite and maybe Mcinnes is coming to the end of his time with us ? But shite like this is either wilfully ignorant or just plain thick. I imagine the latter

Rigid man-marking against a slick & mobile team like Celtic who can generate incisive passing from deep is not a good idea. Especially if you fail to press their deep-lying playmakers (in this case Brown & Ajer).

Defenders have got to be free to function zonally, so that if man for man battles are lost they can cover for teammates and so that they can push up to play offside.

The way to play against a team that are better quality is to relentlessly press, suffocating the opponents space and time on the ball and forcing mistakes.

COYR

Thanks Derek but it's a bit fucking late.

I think it’s a lot to do with the lack of a McLean or Jack looking to take the ball off of the back four and get something started. Instead we end up with the back four passing it about and nobody really looks for the ball so it ends up getting smashed up to Cosgrove. I don’t think it’s what the manager sets out to do but it seems to inevitably go that way.

Not having a settled starting eleven has affected the football on display as well. Can’t remember a season quite as bad as this one for injuries etc.

Your first sentence kind of nails the problem though, surely? Jack and McLean have been away over a year now. He's not really tried to find another way of playing other than the lazy hoof up the park. I genuinely think the manager is out of ideas now.

We have had a few experiments with formation vs celtic over the years man to man tied in with keeping scot brown quiet seemed one of the most succesfull

I would imaging playing two full back in centre mid who try and still play full back and playing 4 isolated forwards with no one in 10 yards of scott brown as a tactic will be binned for future matches 

celtic full backs running box to box with the ball and no Aberdeen players in 5 yds was a particular highlight,

6 Defenders start the game FOUR central midfielders on the bench Even if they aren't fit 2 should have been on after 10 mins and one should have replaced whoever was knackered sub the sub

Dean Campbell was need after 8 minutes it took 75 more for him to appear

Hard to defend the team buyt harder for the team to defend when they were so far back from celtic players

You complained when we won last week using the same 2 centre midfielders as today?

I never complained no. Was chuffed to get 3 points in a game and with a line up I never expected to.

But did I ever think for a minute that playing defenders in central midfield was going to be the answer to our problems? No.

Did I think that it would be a tactic that was likely to have repeated success? No.

Did I think the same tactics would work at home to Celtic? Did I fuck

• Upvote 2

I think it’s a lot to do with the lack of a McLean or Jack looking to take the ball off of the back four and get something started. Instead we end up with the back four passing it about and nobody really looks for the ball so it ends up getting smashed up to Cosgrove. I don’t think it’s what the manager sets out to do but it seems to inevitably go that way.

Not having a settled starting eleven has affected the football on display as well. Can’t remember a season quite as bad as this one for injuries etc.

The instruction from the management team is to go long. That came from a player.

He signed Ojo to fill that exact role and in his first few games at least got praise for it.

Today was shite and maybe Mcinnes is coming to the end of his time with us ? But shite like this is either wilfully ignorant or just plain thick. I imagine the latter

I imagine that is why he signed Ojo so fair play but that's still a gap of a season between those two leaving and Ojo coming in.

I'm not being thick, I'm giving my opinion on how I am seeing it. There is a drop off in the level of football played over the last year or so.

We have had a few experiments with formation vs celtic over the years man to man tied in with keeping scot brown quiet seemed one of the most succesfull

I would imaging playing two full back in centre mid who try and still play full back and playing 4 isolated forwards with no one in 10 yards of scott brown as a tactic will be binned for future matches

celtic full backs running box to box with the ball and no Aberdeen players in 5 yds was a particular highlight,

6 Defenders start the game FOUR central midfielders on the bench Even if they aren't fit 2 should have been on after 10 mins and one should have replaced whoever was knackered sub the sub

Dean Campbell was need after 8 minutes it took 75 more for him to appear

Hard to defend the team buyt harder for the team to defend when they were so far back from celtic players

Exactly.

He should have played Leigh at left back or even in left midfield in front of Considine.

He should have played 2 proper central midfielders from the start then subbed them later if they couldn't last 90 minutes.

It's amazing that McInnes again sets out his team at home to Celtic that gives their centre half's the freedom to waltz up and down the pitch unchallenged. Other teams seem capable of tactics that don't allow them to do this but it is beyond the wit of McInnes to work out how.

Another gutless shambles of a performance.

I imagine that is why he signed Ojo so fair play but that's still a gap of a season between those two leaving and Ojo coming in.

I'm not being thick, I'm giving my opinion on how I am seeing it. There is a drop off in the level of football played over the last year or so.

Forrester and Gleeson were supposed to be adequate replacements and both seemed decent on paper. Fuck knows what happened to both of them.

The club has accepted that we're going to capitulate against Celtic and Sevco, that much is now clear. 

The 5-0 against the dead team, and the 4-0 against the Tims are expected and accepted, and the hope from the club is that the team can raise their game against the other shit clubs in order to mitigate these inevitable thrashings. 

That's where we're at... McInnes won't walk or be punted after any of these gutless performance. 

So.... yeah. 

That's what our club is. 

Another pathetic gutless non leadership performance from manager to players. It's time for Milne Mcinnes to be put out to new pastures. Supporters stop going along with the lame excuses that come out of Milne and mcinneses mouths. What's his excuse this week ----- The boys were tired after last weeks performance against Mothetwell last week. 8 fricking days ago.. Who's in charge of the fitness programme. Celtic played on Thursday night and ran these underperforming seals into the ground. Who gives a shit about the new training facilities it's not going to change things, a new stadium most of the gutless twats on the park today and sitting in the dug out won't be here if and when it gets built.

Alec Ferguson should cancel out and stay at home and let hinge and bracket Milne and Mcinnes cut the tape hand In hand at the GRAND OPENING of a training facility for penguins and performing seals.

Another pathetic gutless non leadership performance from manager to players. It's time for Milne Mcinnes to be put out to new pastures. Supporters stop going along with the lame excuses that come out of Milne and mcinneses mouths. What's his excuse this week ----- The boys were tired after last weeks performance against Mothetwell last week. 8 fricking days ago.. Who's in charge of the fitness programme. Celtic played on Thursday night and ran these underperforming seals into the ground. Who gives a shit about the new training facilities it's not going to change things, a new stadium most of the gutless twats on the park today and sitting in the dug out won't be here if and when it gets built.

Alec Ferguson should cancel out and stay at home and let hinge and bracket Milne and Mcinnes cut the tape hand In hand at the GRAND OPENING of a training facility for penguins and performing seals.

The performance vests bought with the DNA money will come good