SupportmeansSUPPORT

JAN 2020 transfer window

I still believe we can get 5 million for Mckenna. He'll most likely leave in January. I don't think he's irreplaceable so I'm not concerned by his departure. Hoban may be offered a contract as his replacement which suits me as I think he's a better defender (when fit). I'd put most of the fee towards the new stadium and provide McInnes enough to find a replacement.

I predict we'll receive 3 million for Cosgrove which is a good offer - I hope we can command a greater fee. I can see him being sold in the summer. He's done very well for us but I also believe he's replaceable - I'm just not sure Liam Boyce is the man.

I'd hope the club keeps Ferguson for a further 2 years before selling him. I have no issues with the club selling players on for a decent profit and putting it towards the new stadium.

I'm not being rude but you've got to be deluded if you think mckenna is worth £5m big Sam is nowhere near a £3m player. I realize that you are a commited and loyal supporter but the heart should not rule the head. Stand free

Only way we're getting 5 million for McKenna is if you stick 3 million in his pooches when we sell him. His development has stalled with us, but he has the quality to be a very solid defender. We need to make the sell-on clause as hefty as we can so we can potentially benefit when he starts improving with whatever English side he ends up at.

Cosgrove's goals are crucial to us getting 3rd, and I'd resist anything but a stupid offer for him.

totally agree with the mckenna thoughts but I may disagree with the Cosgrove valuation. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure about Sam

Everyone is on about getting a number ten. What do you expect from a no10 the last actual 10 we had was jinky Smith and maybe Zoltan the game has changed a wee bit but it is an honest question of what would be expected of a no10

A modern number ten min.

Someone who can support the main striker but also help link the play between midfield and attack.

The world is full of these types of players

Phil Fodden coming in on 6 month loan, you heard it here first.

Yes, We did hear it hear first. Donkeys ago when he was up here.

The reality is the Highland Hotel does not exist

A modern number ten min.

Someone who can support the main striker but also help link the play between midfield and attack.

sure name one that you would like here

I'm not being argumentative but name who you would like and who's place he would take

It's not my job to identify a specific person who will come in and play the role. You know fine the type of player I mean so yes you are being argumentative.

There are different types of midfielders and we are missing one that can do the job I described capably.

The right candidate would replace whoever McInnes is pushing up from central midfield to play out of position. Personally I would play McGeouch and Ferguson in the two midfield spots and drop Ojo but that's not my call.

Mcinnes still going to rangers mate?

TFpBIYF.png

I know Rutherglen has a very shallow gene pool, but have you still not managed to notice that I'm not GDON21? 

Slack jawed yokel.

@@Millertime not replying to this one?

Stinking

Mcinnes still going to "rangers" mate?

You're a sad, predictable little man.  You get shown up for being a twat (again), toddle off embarrassed for a couple of days and hope everyone forgot you fucked it up.  Then come back with the same old shit.

Or even better it would be nice if we grew a set of bollocks at home and played 4132 instead of 4231.

Either way we still need a number 10 or whatever you want to call it.

In other words the top of the art training facilities and sunny dubia havnt changed their performances.

Exactly. It's been yet another pointless exercise. You don't need to go to a country with a monarch who wears a tea towel on their head to get state of the art training facilities just because it's laden with money laundered wealth. Fuck all ado with the facilities back home in Aberdeen.

A modern number ten min.

Exactly. No excuse for signing 7 sitting midfielders. Sort it out Derek.

Exactly. It's been yet another pointless exercise. You don't need to go to a country with a monarch who wears a tea towel on their head to get state of the art training facilities just because it's laden with money laundered wealth. Fuck all ado with the facilities back home in Aberdeen.

Is it not part of our sponsorship deal with Saltire to go there? Our players get a wee jolly and Saltire get to use Aberdeen to show off to their clients.

Have we actually been linked with O’Donnell, other than on here? Can’t recall reading anything on Twitter or in the papers

Killie fan I spoke to today says we have made enquiries. He's normally reliable on Killie stuff so I believe it's likely we have. 

Pay me the going rate for a scout & I’ll name you a few.

Not up to us to come up with names.

That’s what McInnes and his mate Russ Richardson are paid for.

But it’s patently obvious we need both pace & creativity in the team.

Is it not part of our sponsorship deal with Saltire to go there? Our players get a wee jolly and Saltire get to use Aberdeen to show off to their clients.

Aye it is min, just like Studebaker90 alluded to earlier. However, I just don't see the physical and mental benefit in continuing to go to Dubai every January as performances haven't improved and we haven't won any silverware either since initially going there circa 2017.

Dubai is hardly a hotbed of football, so primariily this appears to be purely a corporate exercise.

Aye it is min, just like Studebaker90 alluded to earlier. However, I just don't see the physical and mental benefit in continuing to go to Dubai every January as performances haven't improved and we haven't won any silverware either since initially going there circa 2017.

Dubai is hardly a hotbed of football, so primariily this appears to be purely a corporate exercise.

Aye, it's hard to see the benefits looking at the performances and results on the pitch

McInnes and the players might say that the break in the warm weather helps them later in the season. It's hard to measure for us watching though.

Phil Fodden coming in on 6 month loan, you heard it here first.

Yes, We did hear it hear first. Donkeys ago when he was up here.

The reality is the Highland Hotel does not exist

LOL, he was never up here

I didn't start it. Not sure you know how 'running jokes' work.

I am well aware thanks, Dave.

I just meant do you HAVE to mention it EVERY time someone mentions a lack of creativity?

Ironically, you’re showing the exact same trait :-)

We bit of intel via a relative who owns a Timmy season ticket.

According to him the rumour on their terraces was that that they were keen at one point in signing McKenna. However his form season to date has effectively ended the interest.

I suspect that several other suitors may be also looking elsewhere.

Yet another matter that could be described as a situation that DM has potentially mismanaged.