SupportmeansSUPPORT

JAN 2020 transfer window

rumour on twitter that we are talking to Chelsea about taking a young striker in on loan

Craig brown will be incandescent

I did and I maintain that's what will happen. How is the new stadium build progressing? Still expected to be finished by 2022?

As Cormack recently came out and stated now likely 2023 then I would say that most supporters expect not! You need to keep up

We bit of intel via a relative who owns a Timmy season ticket.

According to him the rumour on their terraces was that that they were keen at one point in signing McKenna. However his form season to date has effectively ended the interest.

I suspect that several other suitors may be also looking elsewhere.

Yet another matter that could be described as a situation that DM has potentially mismanaged.

I'm no fan of Mcinnes but the only parties that have mismanaged the situation are that goofy cunt McKenna and his parasite agent

rumour on twitter that we are talking to Chelsea about taking a young striker in on loan

Rumoured to be Conor Gallagher... just recalled from Charlton where it seems he did really well. "Box to box midfielder"........ You would like to think Del and Lampard continue to keep in touch following success of Max Lowe loan. 

Rumoured to be Conor Gallagher... just recalled from Charlton where it seems he did really well. "Box to box midfielder"........ You would like to think Del and Lampard continue to keep in touch following success of Max Lowe loan. 

Be amazed if it was him. Burnley, Swansea & Norwich all want him.

I'm no fan of Mcinnes but the only parties that have mismanaged the situation are that goofy cunt McKenna and his parasite agent

LOL - correct

Absolute no chance he’s left a club like Charlton to come to a club like ours. He was playing every week by looks of things and is highly thought of at Chelsea. Edited by slippers

Rumour is a striker from chelsea yet you've mentioned conor gallagher who plays predominantly central midfield? The connection to Lampard is Jody Morris who is a good friend of McInnes from his time at St Johnstone and Bristol City. I feel if we were going to get a player on the back of this it would of happened in the summer.

Would be amazed as well, however we do have a good record of developing high quality players

Would be amazed as well, however we do have a good record of developing high quality players

Obviously the standard tim cunt season ticket holder knows the inner workings of their transfer policy. Idiot.

GTF with yer idiot comments. There are some of the Timmy terrace who have an ear to the ground, as do some on here apparently have on occasion.

Regardless McKenna has gone backwards since his transfer request and the Croatian away game, when our decent start to season fell away.

I would be surprised if any future transfer fee gets anywhere near the value previously reported.

GTF with yer idiot comments. There are some of the Timmy terrace who have an ear to the ground, as do some on here apparently have on occasion.

Regardless McKenna has gone backwards since his transfer request and the Croatian away game, when our decent start to season fell away.

I would be surprised if any future transfer fee gets anywhere near the value previously reported.

The comments about McKenna form dipping is IMO false.

He is a better player now than he was when he burst on the scene. What might affect his value is that his progression as a player is stagnating playing for us. He has improved to a degree where he is a more than capable centre half for Scotland and Aberdeen but he needs to move on. Our supporters and fans of other scottish clubs are expecting a 6-8 million defender when that is just not the case. The main reason for his price tag was on his potential, a big physical centre half, decent pace and can use the ball relatively well. Since then our style of play has got worse, he's been less protected by the midfield as its weakened, we have not had a steady partner alongside him,the full backs in the team have not been great(mainly RB), he's also had his own injuries which have caused him to miss a few chunk of games. All these things are the main reasons we will not get a fee of close to what was expected but this myth that his form has dipped for me is not right. He's just playing in a worse team playing progressively worse football.

The comments about McKenna form dipping is IMO false.

He is a better player now than he was when he burst on the scene. What might affect his value is that his progression as a player is stagnating playing for us. He has improved to a degree where he is a more than capable centre half for Scotland and Aberdeen but he needs to move on. Our supporters and fans of other scottish clubs are expecting a 6-8 million defender when that is just not the case. The main reason for his price tag was on his potential, a big physical centre half, decent pace and can use the ball relatively well. Since then our style of play has got worse, he's been less protected by the midfield as its weakened, we have not had a steady partner alongside him,the full backs in the team have not been great(mainly RB), he's also had his own injuries which have caused him to miss a few chunk of games. All these things are the main reasons we will not get a fee of close to what was expected but this myth that his form has dipped for me is not right. He's just playing in a worse team playing progressively worse football.

Yeah, I'd go along with that. As a team, we have regressed alarmingly and it's therefore exposed the player, to a degree, but I don't see any depreciation in his individual play either.

There is also the added perception that cos he handled the whole transfer affair appallingly badly, that any mistake is being micro examined and amplified accordingly.

Bottom line for me, it's better he goes sooner rather later, and we can hopefully stregthen all across the team

Would Celtic's change in their interest in McKenna not have something to do with a change in manager since then?

Rodgers was likely a fan but won't rate him as good enough for Leicester.

I did and I maintain that's what will happen. How is the new stadium build progressing? Still expected to be finished by 2022?

That's not what you said cludo. You said Cormack was coming in with the intention of redeveloping Pittodrie. It's pretty obvious to all the club are still 100% behind Kingsford - the delay is due to the difficult in raising the funds, not because they're changing their minds.

That's not what you said cludo. You said Cormack was coming in with the intention of redeveloping Pittodrie. It's pretty obvious to all the club are still 100% behind Kingsford - the delay is due to the difficult in raising the funds, not because they're changing their minds.

They’ll be changing their minds BECAUSE they can’t raise the £60m or whatever it is.

Hopefully

Would Celtic's change in their interest in McKenna not have something to do with a change in manager since then?

Rodgers was likely a fan but won't rate him as good enough for Leicester.

They also have a completely different head of recruitment. For Celtic McKenna valuation was about 3 million and thats what they bid, a couple of good seasons with them and his sell on value would be max 10-15 million at an absolute maximum. However, a club like Villa coming in then his value is around the 6 million mark because one or two good season with them and his value is suddenly 20 million plus. 

I know some folk will use the Julien example at 7 million, but again just being foreign opens you up to larger european markets when you come to sell on down the line. 

Celtic were put off by the fact he was attracting bids that weren't worthwhile to there business model, I wouldn't say it was down to any sort of dip in form etc. 

You're speaking shite min.

We've managed to get players to play this role before.

No reason why we can't again.

how am I speaking shite. All I asked who you would want in a no10 position and what would his job be. Who gets dropped to accomodate

how am I speaking shite. All I asked who you would want in a no10 position and what would his job be. Who gets dropped to accomodate

I told you the role

To support the main striker and to link play with midfield

I said I would drop Ojo

And I said it was the club's job to identify the right player to fill that role. They've brought people in to play that role previously.

McInnes rattling on about the boys need to rest up now before the Dumbarton game as they’ve worked hard.??? What a ponce worked hard at what rubbing in Mchunis sun tan lotion. It ain’t Barcelona your playing on Saturday Mchunis it’s Dumbarton. As far as the Kennedy signing it’s now he should be signing not on a pre contract either. I don’t give a monkeys if the friendly was a bounce game your lot couldn’t put the ball in the net. AGAIN.

McInnes rattling on about the boys need to rest up now before the Dumbarton game as they’ve worked hard.??? What a ponce worked hard at what rubbing in Mchunis sun tan lotion. It ain’t Barcelona your playing on Saturday Mchunis it’s Dumbarton. As far as the Kennedy signing it’s now he should be signing not on a pre contract either. I don’t give a monkeys if the friendly was a bounce game your lot couldn’t put the ball in the net. AGAIN. The problem is there’s too many breaks during the season, global warming and their still taking winter breaks in case it SNOWS ☃️☃️

Edited by shooftahmooftah

McInnes rattling on about the boys need to rest up now before the Dumbarton game as they’ve worked hard.???

That's cringey as fuck if true.

They've been doing a bunch of weight training and stuff; tired as fuck.

A wee rest - a terrific cunting of yon pish, then onwards to the final.

See yous at Hampden.

Muscles now relaxed in the warm sun, great. Now sit around in airports and on a plane for 18 hours, coming back to the much cooler weather just in time to tighten those muscles right back up again before two players go off with injuries on Saturday. Magic.

Kennedy has agreed a deal. We are trying to sign him in time to play Dumbarton on Saturday. St Johnstone want a fee plus a player from us as part of the deal.

30 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

What's happened to the threads in the rumour forum?

Could be that as the restore is still happening, these are still to be uploaded?

I think bebo mentioned that to get the site back up and running he had to restore a backup from Jan so believe all threads/post after that date wont exist.

It's not as if we missed and significant signings (other than Hayes) so pretty much all the rumours were just that.

1 hour ago, V for Vendetta said:

What's happened to the threads in the rumour forum?

The old Covid PHP5 got to them