SupportmeansSUPPORT

JAN 2020 transfer window

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Bloody right they'll want cash. 

Can we have your 24 year old centre forward who broke into the Scotland squad last year?  We thought you might fancy swapping him with 34 year old Bryson who has barely been fit for more than 5 minutes in the last 14 months.  What's that you say?  Fuck off?  

Aye, which makes it a no-goer.

If we do bring someone in, it’ll be another loan I’d think 

Griffiths on loan is more likely at the moment I'd think. 

Celtic just signed that boy from West Ham so he'll be 4th choice there now. 

Neither are McInnes type signings though.  Brophy is 5ft 9 and Griffiths would be about the same height. He likes them a foot taller than that. 

33 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Bloody right they'll want cash. 

Can we have your 24 year old centre forward who broke into the Scotland squad last year?  We thought you might fancy swapping him with 34 year old Bryson who has barely been fit for more than 5 minutes in the last 14 months.  What's that you say?  Fuck off?  

Give them Mikey Devlin, then. He can also legitametly say he's a current Scottish internationalist

43 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Neither are McInnes type signings though.  Brophy is 5ft 9 and Griffiths would be about the same height. He likes them a foot taller than that. 

If Edourard stays then Griffiths might be going spare.

£4.5M for this guy from West Ham who was £8M last summer from Basel.

He's going to play a lot of minutes and they still have Edouard as first pick and Kilmala hanging about too.

Could you see McKenna to Celtic and Griffiths here on loan as part of the deal?  

I'm not saying I'm in favour of it but I wouldn't be surprised either 

59 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Don't think Griffith coming to Aberdeen will happen.

If he goes anywhere on loan it will be Hibs.

May be wrong like.

If Aberdeen had sold Cosgrove for the speculated 3 million I'd have been happy for us to sign Ross Stewart. I think he'd be just as successful as Cosgrove. They want 250k apparently. 

Hoban in the papers today hoping to sign a long term deal with Aberdeen. Hopefully he's remains injury free. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No because Celtic probably aren't in the market for A clumsy, shite centre half and Griffith's wouldn't go anywhere near Aberdeen. 

Just now, Lencarl said:

May be wrong like.

They've already got Nisbett and Doidge. Two 15+ strikers.

They are also looking to spend a decent wedge on McCorie from The Rangers. I don't think they could afford to bring Griffiths in on loan.

My question is, how are Hibs financing all this during this time?

5 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

They've already got Nisbett and Doidge. Two 15+ strikers.

They are also looking to spend a decent wedge on McCorie from The Rangers. I don't think they could afford to bring Griffiths in on loan.

My question is, how are Hibs financing all this during this time?

I answered that on another thread.

They shut down their youth academy & made folk redundant.

It’s completely immoral. 
Fuck Hibs. 

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If Aberdeen could get 3 million for McKenna, I'd hope they take it.

If Hoban can remain injury free he'll far exceed McKenna's achievements with Aberdeen.

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I answered that on another thread.

They shut down their youth academy & made folk redundant.

It’s completely immoral. 
Fuck Hibs. 

Did they actually shut down their Youth Academy though?

6 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Did they actually shut down their Youth Academy though?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-enter-consultation-coaching-staff-over-redundancies-cutbacks-loom-2886459%3famp

redundancies - whilst forking out £250k & offering another £200k

Really poor 

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if McKenna went to Sellic, £3m would be great business for a player whose value will only depreciate the longer he stays here.

But Lennon, although a tit, is not THAT big a tit. 

Edited by sooth_stander

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

If Edourard stays then Griffiths might be going spare.

£4.5M for this guy from West Ham who was £8M last summer from Basel.

He's going to play a lot of minutes and they still have Edouard as first pick and Kilmala hanging about too.

The problem is we are contractually bound to pay our proportion of Edmondson’s wages, regardless of him sitting at home in Leeds for four months.

We were stretched to do that deal, let alone look at another one. 

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The problem is we are contractually bound to pay our proportion of Edmondson’s wages, regardless of him sitting at home in Leeds for four months.

We were stretched to do that deal, let alone look at another one. 

It won't be a big hit. Insurance will cover anything we owe after a period of time ...it's 6 weeks I think IIRC.

25 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Where in that does it say they have closed their youth academy?

3 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Where in that does it say they have closed their youth academy?

It doesn’t.

i was wrong on that, that’s how the journalists portrayed it originally when it first broke.

The point being they’re making folk redundant, then spending close to £500k.

Cuntish behaviour 

If it gets them above us then morally they couldn’t give two fucks,same as the hun sending immoral amounts of money gettin in there players to stop ten in a row. Do you honestly think about what other clubs and fans think of them?.nice guys always finish last

29 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

If it gets them above us then morally they couldn’t give two fucks,same as the hun sending immoral amounts of money gettin in there players to stop ten in a row. Do you honestly think about what other clubs and fans think of them?.nice guys always finish last

Hibs clearly see this as an opportunity to catch up with ourselves however at what risk. They will be burning through a similar figure to ourselves each month. 

Nisbett still doesn't impress me. I'm still not sure he's a 15+ striker in the SPL. To spend 250k during this time is crazy. If Hibs want to splash the cash I'm all for it because they'll land themselves in serious trouble. Much like The Rangers.

When you look at Budge (potentially the FoH), Ronald Gordon at Hibs and the spending habits of The Rangers, you should realise just how fortunate we are to have Cormack. 

21 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Hibs clearly see this as an opportunity to catch up with ourselves however at what risk. They will be burning through a similar figure to ourselves each month. 

Nisbett still doesn't impress me. I'm still not sure he's a 15+ striker in the SPL. To spend 250k during this time is crazy. If Hibs want to splash the cash I'm all for it because they'll land themselves in serious trouble. Much like The Rangers.

When you look at Budge (potentially the FoH), Ronald Gordon at Hibs and the spending habits of The Rangers, you should realise just how fortunate we are to have Cormack. 

£250k is a pittance for a 15+ striker & a good few clubs would happily have paid that if they knew they were getting  15+ striker. Hibs took the gamble & (IMO) it wasn’t a gamble & he will be close to if not better than the 15 mark. 

he’s already on 3 goals & 1 assist for 3 appearances. 
even if his return dropped by half of current rate he would surpass 15 easily 

or is this another where we are not counting penalties as some mad form of backpedaling? ;)

55 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

He’s aw ready scored a hat trick?. So 12 in 35 games to go!,a do get your point with Cormack, clever,steady, moral etc.but remember this point you made when we are 6th with the rest of the best caught up with us and we are celebrating beating st Mirren and Hamilton’s of this world, getting horsed by the top 2, and drawing against the rest. Hawd me back wae excitement 

8139-F32-B-1-D38-49-D0-B604-D63-B1301835

seems Vancouver dons barrels aff over on pie and bovril 😂😂,how can someone be so wrong in a short space of time😂😂

3 hours ago, Lencarl said:

May be wrong like.

You'd think hibs would be happy with there lot at the moment and could'nt afford another wage

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

He’s aw ready scored a hat trick?. So 12 in 35 games to go!,a do get your point with Cormack, clever,steady, moral etc.but remember this point you made when we are 6th with the rest of the best caught up with us and we are celebrating beating st Mirren and Hamilton’s of this world, getting horsed by the top 2, and drawing against the rest. Hawd me back wae excitement 

We'll have to see how Nisbett gets on but I'm not convinced he's all that. Same applies to Shankland.

We won't be in 6th place once the best have caught up. Our turnover is higher than our direct rivals. Prior to Covid we spent 800k on Hernandez which indicates to me we are ambitious and will spend money to get decent players in. I can't see Hibs or Hearts spending (nor have) that kind of cash on a player. Plus we are the ones with the state of the art training facilities. Cormack will ensure the club is run well therefore nothing to worry about.

Dundee Utd on the other hand have an American owner who has similar ambitions to ourselves and appears to have wealthy contacts like Cormack. I suspect they'll become our biggest challenger for the elusive third spot.

Hibs have offered 250k for McCorie (McInnes is a big fan of this guy) and are also looking to sign J Kerr from St Johnstone. Jason Kerr is a massive Hibs fan.

15 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It doesn’t.

i was wrong on that, that’s how the journalists portrayed it originally when it first broke.

The point being they’re making folk redundant, then spending close to £500k.

Cuntish behaviour 

Arsenal made 55 staff redundant and have signed Willian at over £200,000 a week and more big earners incoming.

Also Ozil is on 350k a week and refused to take a 12% pay cut which nearly the whole of the rest of the squad agreed to. Him agreeing to that would have covered most of those staff I'd imagine. 

But still shady that a club that size and spending crazy amounts of money needs to let office staff go