Cormack Thread

Compared to Atlanta we're a destitute wee team from the arse end of nowhere, with a tiny fan base and little in the way of serious investment.

Whether they were formed five years, five minutes, or five centuries ago is irrelevant.

If they can bring money and success to Aberdeen then I'm delighted.

https://youtu.be/XOc-kS7Js0E

See if you take the big roof and TV screens away, what they have there are four very shallow stands. Is that not what everyone wants to avoid at Kingsford?

I'm delighted by the announcement made by the club today. Exciting times ahead. Atlanta Utd are the wealthiest side in the MLS with a current value of 330 million dollars. They also won the MLS last season. Its a fantastic partnership for Aberdeen. We should improve as a club on a number of fronts from Sports nutrition and analysis, scouting, youth development, player recruitment etc.

I think our club is in good hands and is doing all they can to bridge the gap with the OF. I honestly don't believe this is in the realms of Mad Vlad and what happened with Hearts. I'm not anticipating the kind of investment that will have us splitting the OF.

We now have state of the art training facilities - supposedly there are further plans for an indoor training pitch. My only concern is the funding of the new stadium. I'm hoping there is further information from the club regarding this tomorrow.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are very few places in the city centre big enough to build it on.

Harlaw playing fields - Private land and probably too expensive to purchase.

Seaton Park - Out of the way and it's got a problem with drainage.

The beach - Private land and the foundation works would cost a fortune.

Lads Club pitches - Out of the way and I think a fair chunk of it has been sold to developers.

Summerhill Academy - Not big enough.

AECC BOD - Out of the way and I think it has already been sold to developers.

There could be others however I think the only options are the new stadium or redeveloping Pittodrie.

Across fae the Duthie Park.

Outline is current external Pittodrie footprint  - that area is 3 to 4 times as big. Also with option to overhang river if necessary.

30 min walk fae station, or build station right there as train gings past it.

Run the gantlet o' Torry bams at the bottom o' Balnagask Rd.

Tesco and Lidl handy for carry oots which can be consumed on the grassy areas, then simply pish in the river.

Screwfix nearby for purchase of hammers and nail guns when the hun come to town.

Clean up some dog shit, level aff, build the cunt.

C4ozSYT.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Club are hardly going to announce that they have 20m to spend in transfer window and be held to ransom! I’m not saying that will happen but I’m holding onto hope Aberdeen wheel out 3/4 major signings on the 1st of January!

I wonder what the actual situation with the first team players for Atlanta would be. MLS doesn’t start until March. Could we see then arrival on short term basis? Majority of there key players are South American so probably would struggle to get work permit.