Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Cormack Thread

10 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Players have taken their medicine, and will take whatever the SPFL/SFA throw at them. 

It's done.  Time to move on. 

Just hope we don't have to forfeit the games that were postponed or have points deducted. Like everyone has said, It entirely unfair to penalize the club when they have tried their absolute best to meet the protocols in place. The 8 Aberdeen players + the Celtic player deserve everything they get but don't punish the clubs.

25 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Was that Bill Leckie getting a cunting from Cormack tonight? 

Great video though, this had gone on long enough and the players have been punished enough by the club already, so for the SFA and SPFL to be pokeing their bugles in is OTT

Yeah was leckie 

14 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Players have taken their medicine, and will take whatever the SPFL/SFA throw at them. 

It's done.  Time to move on. 

Seems “odd” that the authorities weren’t so keen to punish SEVCO for hosting & playing a game when they hadn’t received the results of their COVID tests.

Surely that’s breaking the rules?

Fuck the SFA (& the SPFL)

4 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Just hope we don't have to forfeit the games that were postponed or have points deducted. Like everyone has said, It entirely unfair to penalize the club when they have tried their absolute best to meet the protocols in place. The 8 Aberdeen players + the Celtic player deserve everything they get but don't punish the clubs.

You would have thought that after everything that happened earlier in the year the SPFL would have had the foresight to put some provisions in place for rule breaches, postponements due to covid etc, but no they never learn. 

I know it might seem unfair but I think Aberdeen and Celtic just have to accept what comes our way, in order to get some clarity going forward and avoid the inevitable whataboutery should some other club and/or players breach the rules in the future. 

Cormack having a go at Leckie was superb, Leckie is an odious cunt.Child abusers get less abuse than these 8 have got, they have had enough abuse and will no doubt get a hefty ban probably more than they should get but we need to move on and lets hope the club get to play on Thursday and pump St Johnstone

41 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

If we do, I'm done with the sham of Scottish football forever.

We've had all sorts of systematic cheating, institutional racism and absolutely every low cowardly filthy act you can think of and never once can I recall a senior club in Scottish football having points deducted or being forced for forfiet a game*

*Apart from when the authorities pretend they have really strict rules by absolutely smashing some tiny financially stricken wee club for the minutest honest mistake in their paperwork- THOSE fuckers are fair game.

• Upvote 4

For anyone who hasn't heard Dave Cormack's interview:

https://videopress.com/v/QtGxCXe4

An exhausted looking Dave Cormack took to social media this evening to raise his concerns about the mental health of the Aberdeen players that have been in the limelight since their breach of protocols that has been plastered over the press and social media for the past week.

He said in his statement: “These players have been punished and humiliated, slaughtered by the First Minister and now tonight, headlines telling them that they face expulsion from the game.

“And last Monday, a journalist who has publicly expressed to suffering from depression looking to score points by assasinating these players in his column, and that from someone that should know better.

“What happened to the Scottish national concern about mental health especially around young men?  Are these football players excluded from that?  It could have been players from any club and it still could be.  For me, enough is enough.  Let’s end the personal abuse and humiliation.  These players have owned this from day one and been punished.  The players and the Club will accept any punishment the SPFL and SFA throws at us.

“So my plea is this.  Let’s stop kicking these players whilst they are still on the ground.

“I’ll end by once again unreservedly apologising to the First Minister, Scottish football fans, Scottish football authority, clubs and the Scottish public. Let’s get through this together. Thank you.”

• Upvote 4
  • Site Sponsor
35 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

An exhausted looking Dave Cormack took to social media this evening to raise his concerns about the mental health of the Aberdeen players that have been in the limelight since their breach of protocols that has been plastered over the press and social media for the past week.

He said in his statement: “These players have been punished and humiliated, slaughtered by the First Minister and now tonight, headlines telling them that they face expulsion from the game.

“And last Monday, a journalist who has publicly expressed to suffering from depression looking to score points by assasinating these players in his column, and that from someone that should know better.

“What happened to the Scottish national concern about mental health especially around young men?  Are these football players excluded from that?  It could have been players from any club and it still could be.  For me, enough is enough.  Let’s end the personal abuse and humiliation.  These players have owned this from day one and been punished.  The players and the Club will accept any punishment the SPFL and SFA throws at us.

“So my plea is this.  Let’s stop kicking these players whilst they are still on the ground.

“I’ll end by once again unreservedly apologising to the First Minister, Scottish football fans, Scottish football authority, clubs and the Scottish public. Let’s get through this together. Thank you.”

Cormack is bang on.

The players have been publicly slated for their actions and slaughtered by Sturgeon.

I'd no idea who he was talking about when he spoke about a journalist assassinating the players - I had to Google it to find out the background.

Having done so, the one major thing Cormack got wrong is that Leckie isn't a journalist - he's a red top hack and a shit one at that.

The players made a massive mistake and have been punIshed for it.

No doubt the likes of Leckie and other hacks will look to rip into Cormack for defending his players. 

They can fuck off. 

The man and the Club have dealt with this in the correct manner.

Matters have been dealt with within the confines of Pittodrie - the way they should be.

No doubt some on social media will think the Club's actions are insufficient or it's not good enough that they havent published the Club's findings in detail so that they can slaughter the players some more.

They too can fuck off. 

Credit to Cormack and the Club for their handling of this.

Cormack is bang on in hitting back - enough is enough

• Upvote 3
23 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

If Bill Leckie decided to end it all, the standard of journalism in this country, by default, would slightly increase.

Only slightly though. 

having just read that wankers column it just reinstates how much we are despised by these central belt so called journalists, its time to circle the wagons and use this kind of hatred to win some games. After what that rag wrote about the Stonehaven crash I don't think much in the North east will be reading it again

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Tabloid journalists who have columns in the papers live for exposure like this.

A mate from school works in the Glasgow papers and I remember drunkenly ranting at him about Gerry McNee and his Sunday Mail column. My mate stated that he's done his job as I'm talking about it. That's the mentality of the tabloids, it doesn't matter if it is true or not, as long as you are clicking on the website and talking about them.

The best way to deal with the tabloids is to ignore them, they are a dying industry and the best way to help them on their way is to avoid clicking on their website and giving them some revenue.

Very true not a rag I would normally entertain. The daily Ranger is equally as bad

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

having just read that wankers column it just reinstates how much we are despised by these central belt so called journalists, its time to circle the wagons and use this kind of hatred to win some games. After what that rag wrote about the Stonehaven crash I don't think much in the North east will be reading it again

Tabloid journalists who have columns in the papers live for exposure like this.

A mate from school works in the Glasgow papers and I remember drunkenly ranting at him about Gerry McNee and his Sunday Mail column. My mate stated that he's done his job as I'm talking about it. That's the mentality of the tabloids, it doesn't matter if it is true or not, as long as you are clicking on the website and talking about them.

The best way to deal with the tabloids is to ignore them, they are a dying industry and the best way to help them on their way is to avoid clicking on their website and giving them some revenue.

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, V for Vendetta said:

If we do, I'm done with the sham of Scottish football forever.

We've had all sorts of systematic cheating, institutional racism and absolutely every low cowardly filthy act you can think of and never once can I recall a senior club in Scottish football having points deducted or being forced for forfiet a game*

*Apart from when the authorities pretend they have really strict rules by absolutely smashing some tiny financially stricken wee club for the minutest honest mistake in their paperwork- THOSE fuckers are fair game.

It’s ten in a row season, sevco will be given absolutely every bit of help they can get to stop it. I won’t be surprised if ourselves and the Tims get points deductions.

Anyone who doesn’t think Scottish football is corrupt to the core is naive.

• Upvote 5
3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s ten in a row season, sevco will be given absolutely every bit of help they can get to stop it. I won’t be surprised if ourselves and the Tims get points deductions.

As is anyone who doesn’t think Lawwell looks on and doesn’t think “hmm, what’s easier to sell?  11-15 in a row or being fucked over by the establishment Club”

18 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I agree completely with the sentiment but think a point deduction will be too far even for the corrupt football authorities.   I think the clubs will be fined and warned that a repeat will be subject to points deductions. 

The players might get hammered though.  Probably a minimum of 2 games which will affect us more than Celtic as they're trying to get shot of both their players affected by the looks of things. 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree completely with the sentiment but think a point deduction will be too far even for the corrupt football authorities.   I think the clubs will be fined and warned that a repeat will be subject to points deductions. 

The players might get hammered though.  Probably a minimum of 2 games which will affect us more than Celtic as they're trying to get shot of both their players affected by the looks of things. 

I Honestly think it will be more than 2, the SFA/SPFL will want to appease Sturgeon and they will say they are sending out a strong message . I can see it being 6 games which would be wholly unfair but when has that ever stopped the SFA/SPFL

You didn't think they'll ban 8 of our players for 6 games?

There's be an outcry. Nothing like that has ever happened before and far worse "crimes" have been committed.

Would be up there with giving Duncan Ferguson a ban when he came out of prison.

Actually come to think of it, it could absolutely make our season if we create a real siege mentality.

However.. don't think it'll be that much, they can't risk setting that precedent because other players including players at their favourite club might step over the line later in the season.

Agree, particularly smaller clubs where losing even 4 players (assuming 4 in a pub etc) would mean they wouldn’t be able to play, even if they wanted to.

Thats the 2 questions they have to nail.

what difference does a positive test make? (Since any Reasonable indiscretions will immediately be followed by, “But he tested negative“)

And how do you deal with a game that the offending Club still intends to play sans offenders?  

52 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

You didn't think they'll ban 8 of our players for 6 games?

There's be an outcry. Nothing like that has ever happened before and far worse "crimes" have been committed.

Would be up there with giving Duncan Ferguson a ban when he came out of prison.

Actually come to think of it, it could absolutely make our season if we create a real siege mentality.

However.. don't think it'll be that much, they can't risk setting that precedent because other players including players at their favourite club might step over the line later in the season.

Would you really be surprised if they all got  massive bans? I wouldn’t be in the slightest.

The games fucked up here, the fact that it’s even being discussed shows how bad things are.

2 game ban is my reckoning. And as Cormack has said....we will accept any punishment and move on. 

Definitely won't be any points deductions. Last thing the football authorities want is any more claims of "tainted titles" if sevco were to stop 10IAR assisted by the Dhims receiving such a penalty.