Cormack Thread

7 hours ago, Lencarl said:

Dave Cormack on Twitter:

Really disappointed at Sky. To spend all week creating a one-sided promo that tries to humiliate any club goes against Sky’s commitment to help promote & grow the SPFL. Thanks for the motivation & for showing our 3 goals today! BTW team name is spelt ABERDEEN! Apology on its way? 

More  Club owners should speak out against the total bias coverage from TV and Radio coverage in Scotland regarding the Glasgow Two. 

Spelled is spelt spelled Dave it’s  nae spelt Spelt

3 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Sky is embarrassing with their obsession with Celtic and Rangers. Glad to see Dave sticking up for club.

They need reminding there are more teams in the league!

Correct. About we time we told them to fuck off. The shit we have to put up with (not just Aberdeen) is a fucking joke. There are more teams in Scotland than  just Sevco and Celtic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

SKY SPORTS have issued a grovelling apology to Aberdeen for their coverage in the build-up to Sunday’s clash with Celtic. 

Dons chairman Dave Cormack attacked the SPFL’s £160m broadcaster for showing a reel of 22 goals scored by the Hoops against his club - and accused them of trying to HUMILIATE the Pittodrie side. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6204702/sky-sports-apology-aberdeen-celtic-build-up/

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, super_al said:

Cormack has been quiet lately. I get the feeling that the pandemic is going to hit us harder than alot if other clubs due to the fact we were already overspending before the virus. 

He and his master, Doncaster came out with thier chapter and verse putting the boot onto sturgeon and  Leitch, 

How fans shouldve been starting to return in larger numbers now, 

They put forward a dossier of some sort, and Cormack wasnt slow to publicly pull to shreds the no fans stance, 

Surely now he had realised that it was a mistake, and he has made a tactical retreat, 

Hopefully he has used the time to get his ducks in a row before dunting the sleekit cunt

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

He and his master, Doncaster came out with thier chapter and verse putting the boot onto sturgeon and  Leitch, 

They put forward a dossier of some sort, and Cormack wasnt slow to publicly pull to shreds the no fans stance, 

Surely now he had realised that it was a mistake, and he has made a tactical retreat, 

Hopefully he has used the time to get his ducks in a row before dunting the sleekit cunt

We might have a stricter lockdown in effect now, but if the Scottish Government are okay with the prospect of Camelon Juniors traveling the length of the country to Brora Rangers tomorrow in Scottish Cup action then there's no way in hell 300 folk could not safely sit outdoors in 300 of the 22,000 seats at Pittodrie on Sunday.

2 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

I don't think it was a mistake at the time. At the time he was asking for more fans to be let in, the numbers and stats supported it.

Now there is a new strain and its spreading easier, we are in a National Lockdown, things are different. Cormack even warned a few weeks ago that if we went into Tier 4, there's no way fans could get in.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but you've played the wrong cards here.

15 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I don't think it was a mistake at the time. At the time he was asking for more fans to be let in, the numbers and stats supported it.

Now there is a new strain and its spreading easier, we are in a National Lockdown, things are different. Cormack even warned a few weeks ago that if we went into Tier 4, there's no way fans could get in.

Exactly, for months on the end the Scottish Government were not engaging at all with Scottish Football and managed to ignore their own tiers and rules by refusing (for example) to allow fans in to grounds when the area they played in was Tier 1 for a long time.

He was correct to call them out. He had epidemiologists and the facts of what should be allowed (by the Scottish Governments own guidelines!) on his side.

Now things have changed with a new variable thrown in to the mix.

Revisionist bollocks from a few posters determined to either slag the club / back the Government regardless of the truth.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

lol

Total coincidence we're in the traditional cold and flu season I suppose?

Given the news today from DM that no cunt is signing in Jan ("Derek, what happens if we get good offers for Cosgrove this month, or Ferguson? Still no players coming in?") then its clear Cormack has tightened his belt, as as recently as the Ross County game, shitnutts was talking about "squad adjustments" in Jan.

We are only at Jan 8th. Plenty of time for a mart at Pittodrie, and we lose some livestock.

Maybe shitnutts will spit the dummy and fuck off? That would be nice.....

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Given the news today from DM that no cunt is signing in Jan ("Derek, what happens if we get good offers for Cosgrove this month, or Ferguson? Still no players coming in?") then its clear Cormack has tightened his belt, as as recently as the Ross County game, shitnutts was talking about "squad adjustments" in Jan.

We are only at Jan 8th. Plenty of time for a mart at Pittodrie, and we lose some livestock.

Maybe shitnutts will spit the dummy and fuck off? That would be nice.....

McInnes is normally pretty cagey during transfer windows to be fair. 

I think we'll need to shift Cosgrove to get any wriggle room at all this window though. Wage bill must be well over budget currently.  Cosgrove down to his last 17 months so needs to go this window to get any real value as the price tag will be getting lower and lower, especially if he's not in the team. 

Starting to look likely that Ferguson will be sold sooner rather than later as well isn't it? 

If needs must the so be it. I'd rather have a solvent club in a better position to capitalise post covid than be saddled with debt coming out of it. 

As long as we tie up some decent quality on pre-contracts to replace the outgoing players in summer I can live with nobody coming in.

Cosgrove leaving would be for the best for both parties, however 6 months of Curtis, Edmondson and Anderson as the striking options is a tad underwhelming to put it mildly. 

I reckon we will have one new face in the door before the window closes though...albeit probably just a loan

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McInnes is normally pretty cagey during transfer windows to be fair. 

I think we'll need to shift Cosgrove to get any wriggle room at all this window though. Wage bill must be well over budget currently.  Cosgrove down to his last 17 months so needs to go this window to get any real value as the price tag will be getting lower and lower, especially if he's not in the team. 

Starting to look likely that Ferguson will be sold sooner rather than later as well isn't it? 

If needs must the so be it. I'd rather have a solvent club in a better position to capitalise post covid than be saddled with debt coming out of it. 

Which makes today's announcement even more sudden. 

We'll of course get the 'Brando is like a new signing' and 'Miko looks like a young Richard Gough (CM)' lines thrown at us.

We had a decent chance of finishing 2nd  (loser mentality, we should be winning the league) but this firmly puts us fighting amongst 'the rest' to play Dunder Mifilin FC in a glamour preseason Euro away.

We'll never progress under this regime.

Get the Proud Boyz over to stage a coup.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Its the fact that Cormack has climbed into bed with that cunt Doncaster, I mean to align yourself with a total disaster of a man who is in charge of the SPFL, and is backing him to the hilt is what sickens me,

Every fucker knew that fans in this season was a virtual write off, 

And Cormack should have budgeted for that, 

He spouts, the we ignore the fans at our peril, line yes well funnily enough for the last 20 yrs Scottish football has paid lip service to the fans, treated them with utter contempt, happily milking them time after time, whilst the said punters just take the shafting. 

Now they have nowhere to hide we see the shit baggery of the governing bodies, and the clubs realise that the shite product they seem fit to serve up every fortnight, will no longer wash, 

And so some major arse licking and  sucking up us required. 

When he comes out and asks questions if tge governance, when he rams it up the old firm,  and demands his club tries to win the title, when he follows through non his attacking football promise, that he made I will start to cut him some slack, 

• Downvote 1