Cormack Thread

13 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Come on

How is players doing well and moving on, his fault?

- Setting contract lengths when players sign/re-sign, meaning we have several player contracts finishing at the same time. 

- Allowing contracts to run down. 

but I also mean it in terms of buying pish, then trying to get rid of them

22 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

Where is Dave?

If you're talking with regard to the McInnes out chatter, where do you expect him to be? 

He can hardly be tweeting his stance on the managers position. He mentioned an update on finances that will come in February. 

The club aren't going to make a statement based off a couple kids turning up with bedsheets. 

4 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

No, I don’t mean in relation to the DM situation, I mean in general. Not heard a peep from, or had a peek of him in ages.  He was never out of the media a few months ago.

He was speaking on social media on Saturday about the hopefully positive news on Business Interruption insurance 

9 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

No, I don’t mean in relation to the DM situation, I mean in general. Not heard a peep from, or had a peek of him in ages.  He was never out of the media a few months ago.

As many have alluded to, I think he anticipates the season be culled. 

Hence the lack of finances this January, and why he's keeping quiet. 

40 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

He was on Twitter 3 days ago saying the club will provide an update on the effect COVID is having on the finances in early to mid February.

I imagine it’ll be used as part explanation for the complete lack of activity during this transfer window.

The lack of activity in the transfer market is understandable.  I'd rather coast to the end of the season than overstretch and put the club at risk.  There's not going to be fans in the stadiums in any numbers this season, and probably not the first half of next season either.  There's surely going to be some clubs going to the wall if that's the case.  I can't imagine Cormack's stupid enough to risk that.  Not sure where Hearts and Hibs are getting the cash from though, very odd.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

He was speaking on social media on Saturday about the hopefully positive news on Business Interruption insurance 

Is that a euphemism for getting the insurance to pay off Derek as his dog shit brand of football counts as business interruption? 

Good news if so. 

34 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

The lack of activity in the transfer market is understandable.  I'd rather coast to the end of the season than overstretch and put the club at risk.  There's not going to be fans in the stadiums in any numbers this season, and probably not the first half of next season either.  There's surely going to be some clubs going to the wall if that's the case.  I can't imagine Cormack's stupid enough to risk that.  Not sure where Hearts and Hibs are getting the cash from though, very odd.

Agree with that.

Also, if Cormack is thinking of changing manager in the summer, why give him money to make changes for the last few months, even more so if there’s a chance the season could be ended early. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Cormack is planning for season getting culled when there's absolutely no evidence this will happen. 

Similar to his numerous promises of fans back in stadiums which had no foundation either 

They've promised an update on finances and direction of the club for months so I won't hold my breath for this either. 

Even Rob wicks is saying fuck all these days. 

17 minutes ago, RUL said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Cormack is planning for season getting culled when there's absolutely no evidence this will happen. 

Similar to his numerous promises of fans back in stadiums which had no foundation either 

They've promised an update on finances and direction of the club for months so I won't hold my breath for this either. 

No wonder. He pulled his hamstring doing the splits for an online PE class.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9152543/Joe-Wicks-injures-trying-splits-PE-Joe.html

45 minutes ago, RUL said:

One thing I remember, way back when last season was canned, Cormack said he was budgeting for having no fans attending for the entire 20/21 season.  At that point COVID was fairly new on the scene, and his statement stuck with me - as I thought he was getting carried away!  ....little did I know!

So, in a nutshell, I'm hoping for some positive news - in relative terms - hopefully we're better off than the other teams around us!  No idea how the Edinburgh clubs are affording the significant investment in playing staff that they've made lately! 

2 hours ago, RUL said:

He said a update will be provided mid February. Think they are waiting to see what comes of court case they won in regards to insurance trying to get out of pandamedic cover.

Cormack appears to be well in with Dungcaster. If anyone has some inside info about the season being at risk of being culled, then Cormack is likely to be the man..

I'm concerned that Hibs have strengthened their squad in this window though. Whereas we look like we will be weakened

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Cormack appears to be well in with Dungcaster. If anyone has some inside info about the season being at risk of being culled, then Cormack is likely to be the man..

I'm concerned that Hibs have strengthened their squad in this window though. Whereas we look like we will be weakened

Greg Stewart on his way.