Cormack Thread

5 minutes ago, daytripping said:

5 minutes ago you told me that flu doesn't mutate, I told you you were wrong. Thanks for confirming.

Now if you can put up the link that states the vaccine won't work I'd appreciate it.

BTW No need for swearing, I was polite to you.

Think you will find i said nothing of the sort.

I said the flu vaccine isn't ever evolving. Which it isn't

8 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Rubbish, the start of next season will see fans in stadiums.

Lets say we have 8000-10000 season tickets.

how many other fans do you think will get in? 

I really think we wont see 15k-17k for the July euro games like we normally would (fingers crossed we qualify of course)

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Lets say we have 8000-10000 season tickets.

how many other fans do you think will get in? 

I really think we wont see 15k-17k for the July euro games like we normally would (fingers crossed we qualify of course)

We'll have about 5000 ticket holders, they'll all get in if vaccinated.

Might have been mentioned, but there are two major problems with season tickets for next year if attendance is in any doubt. 
1. PPV is cheaper per game. Why would anyone buy a ST. 

2. Why would a family of 4 buy 4 ST’s, when they could buy one VST or one PPV. 

This is not just an AFC problem, but a problem for every major club. Last season, we were all on a bit of a roll in contributing to AFC (as lots of other club supporters did as well). This season, everyone is just a bit fed up and skint (again, not just AFC fans). 

31 minutes ago, daytripping said:

We'll have about 5000 ticket holders, they'll all get in if vaccinated.

Only 58% renewing. I'd go for 75% renewing.

15 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Might have been mentioned, but there are two major problems with season tickets for next year if attendance is in any doubt. 

This is not just an AFC problem, but a problem for every major club. Last season, we were all on a bit of a roll in contributing to AFC (as lots of other club supporters did as well). This season, everyone is just a bit fed up and skint (again, not just AFC fans). 

The model needs ripped up and start again. Sell all the matches in one place and i'll buy it. Give it all to Sky, BT, Youtube, Amazon whomever. Make it one bundle flt all games

50 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Totally agree. I renewed this season knowing full well that there was a strong chance that I wouldn't get into the stadium.

At the time the Red TV alternative + the club making a corresponding donation to the Community Trust was ok with me.

However it is unlikely that I, personally, will be renewing. The point regarding financial means is valid. I, unfortunately, would rather spend the money on a golf club membership, which has more likelihood of being fulfilled in the year ahead.

Harsh but the reality of these times which I suspect that others are most likely to be deciding upon also.

Hence would predict that season tickets will reduce closer to 5k than 10k.

1 hour ago, sheepcrooky said:

If stadiums are open to fans , ppv will be dispensed with

53 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Nice cheeky wee dig, Dave...

“As stewards of this great club that’s never gone bust in 117 years, it’s certainly not going to do so on my watch without us pulling out all the stops to get through this.”

I thought it was a great statement of intent by DC, I for one was wanting to hear from him he had been too quiet recently with all the issues we have had. So impressed he fronted up?

19 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

If stadiums are open to fans , ppv will be dispensed with

Which is a shame.

Could increase the price of PPV to above a ticket price to compensate for lost revenue at game through other mediums such as Match day programme. Give people who don't want to go the opportunity to still watch the match live.

2 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Which is a shame.

Could increase the price of PPV to above a ticket price to compensate for lost revenue at game through other mediums such as Match day programme. Give people who don't want to go the opportunity to still watch the match live.

It’s one for the future I would imagine but initially they will want to focus on getting fans back in and the atmosphere rekindled 

40 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think AFC will explore the PPV much more in the future.

Unfortunately when life gets back to normal we won't initially control the league games but we will have full control of euro qualifiers and some control of home cup games.

I could see a mixed model being adopted next season due to crowd size uncertainty 

A certain number of season tickets on sale on a first come first serve basis. 

Then later an announcement of PPV for others. Probably at a higher price than the current £9.99/£12.99.  Maybe even some PPV bundle options for non season ticket holders. 

1 hour ago, The Boofon said:

Which is a shame.

or give skinflints the chance to watch on stolen streams on Hesgoals or Viprow

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Are we allowed to do that though?

Surely the law about not being able to show 3pm kick offs in the UK would inhibit that

I assumed it was only relaxed due to covid 

Aye it was only relaxed due to covid. 

Just think they might need a hybrid model for clubs to get them through another season. Pure speculation on my part