Cormack Thread

4 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Half full stadiums LOL Pathetic

eh will grant you that if everyone had done like Oz then the world would be in a much better situation than we are. But that was never going to happen. 

The reaction to this shit is still ludicrous.

there are 10s of thousands of Aussies stranded in diseased third world shitholes like the UK that have had their lives ruined as they can’t come home. Oz will be the last country to get back to “normal” because of the authoritarian measures.

Nonsense.

Australians can return to Australia at any time they want at the moment. They just choose not to. Cheapskates.

1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

Nonsense.

Australians can return to Australia at any time they want at the moment. They just choose not to. Cheapskates.

Like fuck they can. Limits of 30 people to a plane and price gouging by the airlines. The government has fucked it up royally.

Only 475 people are allowed in to Perth from overseas a week as that’s all the quarantine system can handle, which is 14 days under lock and key in a hotel room, prisoners get better deals.

10 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Half full stadiums LOL Pathetic

eh will grant you that if everyone had done like Oz then the world would be in a much better situation than we are. But that was never going to happen. 

The reaction to this shit is still ludicrous.

there are 10s of thousands of Aussies stranded in diseased third world shitholes like the UK that have had their lives ruined as they can’t come home. Oz will be the last country to get back to “normal” because of the authoritarian measures.

3 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Nonsense.

Just now, BrianFaePerth said:

Like fuck they can. Limits of 30 people to a plane and price gouging by the airlines. The government has fucked it up royally.

Only 475 people are allowed in to Perth from overseas a week as that’s all the quarantine system can handle, which is 14 days under lock and key in a hotel room, prisoners get better deals.

So they can come home.

Thanks now.

8 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Correct. They can get home.

Grebing said she feared the cap reduction would make it “near impossible” to get back home. “I knew the risk I was taking when leaving Australia so I can’t complain too much [but] I felt I had no choice at all in the matter,” she said.

You claim 40,000 stuck in the UK alone yet only 36,000 stuck worldwide. :sherlock:

In late 2020, some 36,000 Australians were still registered as being stuck overseas, unable to get flights back to Australia due to the caps on hotel quarantine.

1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

Correct. They can get home.

Grebing said she feared the cap reduction would make it “near impossible” to get back home. “I knew the risk I was taking when leaving Australia so I can’t complain too much [but] I felt I had no choice at all in the matter,” she said.

^^grasping at straws.

Your know-it-all approach has failed you here the Boof. Better luck next time.

Prick

I have been critical of DC as much as most but fair play to the man. Tonight must be seen as, potentially, one of the most successful transfer windows we have ever had.

Hopefully we can now score a few goals, win a few games and maybe, just maybe, give those Tims a late run for second place starting with three points tomorrow night.

Well done the powers at be at Pittodrie tonight. 

I think that’s key. I’ll probably eat my words now but we can see what we’re trying to do here.  No one in their right mind is expecting us to go on a 13 game surge unbeaten.  But those that have truly watched us (so excluding the vast majority of journalists) can see Dereks got his big ‘Cosgrove type’ up top, but seemingly with more mobility a la Watkins, has got him a helping hand in Kamberi for the press and has even sought to bring in youthful back up for them both.  All that plus tidying up the Mcrorie position unquestionably strengthening us as of now.  So not a hearts type statement about natural order or taking over the fucking world, just a general indication that we do at least seem to know what the fuck we’re trying to do, which is a vast improvement on 36 hours ago.

2 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I think that’s key. I’ll probably eat my words now but we can see what we’re trying to do here.  No one in their right mind is expecting us to go on a 13 game surge unbeaten.  But those that have truly watched us (so excluding the vast majority of journalists) can see Dereks got his big ‘Cosgrove type’ up top, but seemingly with more mobility a la Watkins, has got him a helping hand in Kamberi for the press and has even sought to bring in youthful back up for them both.  All that plus tidying up the Mcrorie position unquestionably strengthening us as of now.  So not a hearts type statement about natural order or taking over the fucking world, just a general indication that we do at least seem to know what the fuck we’re trying to do, which is a vast improvement on 36 hours ago.

If Livi can go on a 13 game surge unbeaten with 2 games v Celtic in there why can’t we?

oh yeah, McInnes. Nevermind 

15 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

I have been critical of DC as much as most but fair play to the man. Tonight must be seen as, potentially, one of the most successful transfer windows we have ever had.

Hopefully we can now score a few goals, win a few games and maybe, just maybe, give those Tims a late run for second place starting with three points tomorrow night.

Well done the powers at be at Pittodrie tonight. 

I'm not ready to start jumping through hoops just yet. Yes getting Wright out and McCrorie signed up properly is a good piece of business

And the 3 strikers we have got in look to be upgrades on the 3 we've waved goodbye to. But they're all just loans till the end of the season. At least one of which we know there is no automatic option to convert into a permanent deal. The other 2...not clear as yet what the terms are.

Hopefully they all do really well and we at a very minimum consolidate 3rd place comfortably. And make a decent fist in the Cup (assuming it actually takes place)

But if they do do well.....Hornby returns to Reims a more confident player ready to make a go of it there and even if they might be tempted to sell, with what he cost them they're likely to ask a fee well outwith our budget. Kamberi more likely to be affordable but might also become of interest to other clubs throughout Europe. And Hendry...12 months left on his contract. St J wouldn't want a fortune but probably want a similar fee as Coonty just got for Stewart

We might still be looking for 3 forwards in the summer. But I'll hopefully enjoy the ride till then