Cormack Thread

On paper, it appears to be a good window.

Got decent money for Cosgrove all things considered, & have got a few off the wage bill that weren’t going to contribute.

As for the incomings?

Hornby for Cosgrove seems decent enough but he’s not placed much football. Fingers crossed.

Kamberi has got ability... but he does seem to have the ability to cause trouble & hassle.

Hendry - meh... not sure he’ll bring much but as a back up, it’s fine.

Getting the hun weasel off to the scum was sensible & it lessens the McCrorie fee a good bit so that makes good sense.

All the strikers are loans though - Its going to be a very busy summer! 
At least the new faces rekindle the enthusiasm, which for most, had dwindled. 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

On paper, it appears to be a good window.

Got decent money for Cosgrove all things considered, & have got a few off the wage bill that weren’t going to contribute.

As for the incomings?

Hornby for Cosgrove seems decent enough but he’s not placed much football. Fingers crossed.

Kamberi has got ability... but he does seem to have the ability to cause trouble & hassle.

Hendry - meh... not sure he’ll bring much but as a back up, it’s fine.

Getting the hun weasel off to the scum was sensible & it lessens the McCrorie fee a good bit so that makes good sense.

All the strikers are loans though - Its going to be a very busy summer! 
At least the new faces rekindle the enthusiasm, which for most, had dwindled. 

Can see Watkins back in the summer

22 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Can see Watkins back in the summer

I think if we need 3-4 strikers then he'll be our first choice.

After that it's not impossible that some of the three loanees stay on as extended loans or permanent. I was wondering if it would have said on the announcements that Hendry/Kamberi have options to buy inserted in the loans but perhaps it's not the case or perhaps they've avoided speaking about it altogether but it's clear we dont have one for Hornby who is the new #9 so perceived as top dog.

It's not impossible that Sunderland sack their manager and if DM is still the manager he goes back for Ross Stewart.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think if we need 3-4 strikers then he'll be our first choice.

After that it's not impossible that some of the three loanees stay on as extended loans or permanent. I was wondering if it would have said on the announcements that Hendry/Kamberi have options to buy inserted in the loans but perhaps it's not the case or perhaps they've avoided speaking about it altogether but it's clear we dont have one for Hornby who is the new #9 so perceived as top dog.

It's not impossible that Sunderland sack their manager and if DM is still the manager he goes back for Ross Stewart.

Rheims have said loan with no option to buy for Hornby 

Just now, standfree1978 said:

Reim have said loan with no option to buy for Hornby 

Yea he won't be joining permanently but not impossible he joins on another loan.

Kamberi he could join on loan or permanent.

Hendry could join permanent.

So if we can nail down Watkins to join we are not in a worse position that we were going with Cosgrove, Main and Anderson as it was clear to many that they were all certain to leave in 2021.

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Yea he won't be joining permanently but not impossible he joins on another loan.

Kamberi he could join on loan or permanent.

Hendry could join permanent.

So if we can nail down Watkins to join we are not in a worse position that we were going with Cosgrove, Main and Anderson as it was clear to many that they were all certain to leave in 2021.

Always liked Kamberi when he was at Hivs, skillful forward. Just need his head in the right place.

On the face of it we’ve done some decent business but its maybe a bit premature to be back slapping until we get some idea of what we’ve got. We’ve shifted out 3 mis-firing strikers and brought in, uh…3 mis-firing strikers. Hornby’s a bit raw and hasn’t got much first team football under his belt this season but it’ll be interesting to see if can settle quickly having some of his fellow U21’s along side him. I don’t think anyone has high expectations from Hendy but who knows, could be the surprise package. Kamberi has experience in the this league and might have something to prove given how short his time at Rangers was.

Any of these lads doing well only benefits someone else in the long run as I don’t believe any are on loan with a view to signing in the summer.  

5 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

On the face of it we’ve done some decent business but its maybe a bit premature to be back slapping until we get some idea of what we’ve got. We’ve shifted out 3 mis-firing strikers and brought in, uh…3 mis-firing strikers. Hornby’s a bit raw and hasn’t got much first team football under his belt this season but it’ll be interesting to see if can settle quickly having some of his fellow U21’s along side him. I don’t think anyone has high expectations from Hendy but who knows, could be the surprise package. Kamberi has experience in the this league and might have something to prove given how short his time at Rangers was.

Any of these lads doing well only benefits someone else in the long run as I don’t believe any are on loan with a view to signing in the summer.  

I'm not so convinved we couldn't keep some of the three loans.

Have a think how well Hornby would have to do for Reims to think wow thats a no brainer we need to start including him every week in the top league in France.

Kamberi signed for St Gallen on a free and hasn't scored for them yet. Another loan or small fee not impossible.

Callum Hendry I would assume we have a buy option as it would be very poor negotiations not to have included that when he's at such a low ebb right now.

10 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I’m hoping Hendry and a settled Mcrorie will take the pressure off Ferguson for a bit.  Little bird needs to fly (now the windows shut)

Hendry is a striker, so I don't see how he would be taking pressure off Ferguson in his position. 

Can’t fault the overhaul of the front line. Fair play to the club there. Hopefully at least one of them finds some form while here.

Still concerned we are going to lack creativity behind the front line, unless Kamberi plays there?

I think if the loanees do well here, there would be the option to extend the loan or get them in summer. 

13 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Good few days for the Dons in the transfer market, however I am concerned about having the same issue in the Summer with us not having ANY permanent strikers now that Main, Cosgrove and Anderson (who, let's face it, will not be in a Dons shirt again) all gone. 

I dont see it as a worse situation. If we ran with Cosgrove, Main and Anderson or Cosgrove Replacement, Main and Anderson we'd be in a worse position.

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'm not so convinved we couldn't keep some of the three loans.

Have a think how well Hornby would have to do for Reims to think wow thats a no brainer we need to start including him every week in the top league in France.

Kamberi signed for St Gallen on a free and hasn't scored for them yet. Another loan or small fee not impossible.

Callum Hendry I would assume we have a buy option as it would be very poor negotiations not to have included that when he's at such a low ebb right now.

Its plausible there's something in the contract regards Hendry and you'd imagine any fee to buy in the summer would be minimal.

Kamberi signed a 3 year deal at St Gallen and his season has been disrupted by catching covid. Reeks very much of us being used to get him fit and confident, which is fine if he can get in amongst the goals.

Hornby would seem the least likeliest given the investment Reims made and our finances certainly wouldn't allow us to pay anything like that for the forseeable.

Unfortunately i do see us having a huge re-building job to do in the Summer. Will McInnes be overseeing it? Guess it depends how well we do between now and then.

5 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

Its plausible there's something in the contract regards Hendry and you'd imagine any fee to buy in the summer would be minimal.

Kamberi signed a 3 year deal at St Gallen and his season has been disrupted by catching covid. Reeks very much of us being used to get him fit and confident, which is fine if he can get in amongst the goals.

Hornby would seem the least likeliest given the investment Reims made and our finances certainly wouldn't allow us to pay anything like that for the forseeable.

Unfortunately i do see us having a huge re-building job to do in the Summer. Will McInnes be overseeing it? Guess it depends how well we do between now and then.

If Hendry does well for us, he still has a year left on his contract and you can be certain St J would be asking more for a permanent switch than they would have yesterday (I'm guessing they'd have asked £100-150k). Remember Sunderland had to pay £300k for Stewart who only had 4 months left on his contract...and he hadn't even been playing well all season. If he is poor with us then we won't be interested anyway.

Agreed about Hornby...no matter how he does he's not coming to us. If he does well, he goes back to France looking to cement himself a place in their side. If he doesn't do well they might decide to try to get some money back on him while they can...but given what they paid, even them raking a 50% hit on it would still be way out of our budget.

Kamberi is probably the one where a permanent deal is most likely. Anything St Gallen can get for him would be pure profit. As I said earlier in the thread though....he's a bit of a nomad, never really settling in one place much longer than 18 months or so. If he did well with us, he could well ignite interest from clubs all round Europe. As has been said, his head seems to be easily distracted. It's an interesting acquisition  for the meantime though.

17 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

I'm not saying it's likely we'll sign any of them just that there's a chance one or more of them might stay.

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm not ready to start jumping through hoops just yet. Yes getting Wright out and McCrorie signed up properly is a good piece of business

And the 3 strikers we have got in look to be upgrades on the 3 we've waved goodbye to. But they're all just loans till the end of the season. At least one of which we know there is no automatic option to convert into a permanent deal. The other 2...not clear as yet what the terms are.

Hopefully they all do really well and we at a very minimum consolidate 3rd place comfortably. And make a decent fist in the Cup (assuming it actually takes place)

But if they do do well.....Hornby returns to Reims a more confident player ready to make a go of it there and even if they might be tempted to sell, with what he cost them they're likely to ask a fee well outwith our budget. Kamberi more likely to be affordable but might also become of interest to other clubs throughout Europe. And Hendry...12 months left on his contract. St J wouldn't want a fortune but probably want a similar fee as Coonty just got for Stewart

We might still be looking for 3 forwards in the summer. But I'll hopefully enjoy the ride till then

all clubs must be struggling financially at the moment.  Is it possible that the huns saw a way to get the some money for McCrorie  now to keep the light on ? 

Scrap that,  they gave Wright a 4.5 year contract hahaha

1 hour ago, AllyDon said:

Good end to the transfer window so well done to Cormack and McInnes. 

Over to McInnes now to try and get the best out of all the individuals in the squad (something I do not think he does well).

More positive now for a good end to the season compared to 24 hours ago.  COYR

Yes, that was a last-minute "pulling it out of the hat", as it were. That said, the last 3 years have seen McInnes fail to get the best out of most of his players and I fear we've already missed a massive opportunity to split the arse cheeks. 

• Upvote 1

Wish Cormack would show some balls & just tell McInnes his time is up.

Was hoping the fact he was only allowed loan signings was a wee sign but it’s most likely just COVID/finances in general sadly & McInnes will be given freedom to sign shite like Main/Taylor etc. etc. on 2-3 year deals again in summer.

Grow a set Cormack ffs. You are a rich man, zero financial worries, so why would you be scared to bin this charlatan cunt?

Bought into the bs that he’s a decent manager & hard to replace because your predecessor was just soooooo fkn bad at appointing managers.

Do the right thing. Offer McInnes half his contract to fk off now. Bite the bullet. 

This can't go on. The team are a shambles. 

If Cormacks can't afford to sack McInnes then as someone suggested before, promote Robson/Sheerin to the end of the season and tell McInnes he can fuck off home and look for a new job. 

Not convinced Robson/Sheerin are the long term answer but doing nothing is not an option. I certainly will not be renewing my DNA subscription for next season and for the first time in years, I may not buy a season ticket. I am sure I will not be the only one thinking this. 

Hate not financially supporting my club but I'm not throwing good money away whilst McInnes remains in charge taking the piss. 

Please do something Carmack. This is torture watching us rotting.

Just now, AllyDon said:

This can't go on. The team are a shambles. 

If Cormacks can't afford to sack McInnes then as someone suggested before, promote Robson/Sheerin to the end of the season and tell McInnes he can fuck off home and look for a new job. 

Not convinced Robson/Sheerin are the long term answer but doing nothing is not an option. I certainly will not be renewing my DNA subscription for next season and for the first time in years, I may not buy a season ticket. I am sure I will not be the only one thinking this. 

Hate not financially supporting my club but I'm not throwing good money away whilst McInnes remains in charge taking the piss. 

Please do something Carmack. This is torture watching us rotting.

Club won’t see any money from me whilst McInnes keeps taking a wage

Some will see this as post match/loss frustration but this has been building & building for so long for so many & even his biggest supporters & the ‘who do you suggest that’s better’ brigades are finding it harder & harder to defend this charlatan.

The numbers are seriously shifting in favour of getting him binned.

Obviously I have made no secret of my thoughts on the matter for a few seasons now.

Mcinnes done a decent job after Brown handed him his bailing bucket but the relief of not being a bottom six side felt like we were better than we were. McInnes was a very fortunate cunt of circumstance but now is shown for what he really is. A BLATANTLY average manager which is all he has ever been