Cormack Thread

23 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Personally I thought the relegation scrap was great days.

At least a bit of excitement.

Coming back in the car just heard Derek Ferguson on radio shortbread say many Aberdeen fans think they have a divine right to finish 3rd.

Put it like this would Gerrard still be in a job if Huns finished 3rd two seasons in a row, its the same thing, these know all pundits never mention the quality of football though. Ferguson is very much a Mcinnes mate

23 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Agree with the bigger picture, however, missing out on Europe would effect income and recruitment.

Definitely, the reward for finishing 3rd this year could set up a club like us or hibs to dominate the rest of the teams for years to come. With potential to help push for higher. 

6 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Definitely, the reward for finishing 3rd this year could set up a club like us or hibs to dominate the rest of the teams for years to come. With potential to help push for higher.

There's still a bigger picture to consider.  And the bigger picture is still the most important thing. 

We can't give up if Hibs qualify for the conference league this year and we don't. 

We need to get the house in order regardless. 

24 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

I read somewhere that finishing third this year could be worth £3-4 million. 

I think that's assuming we win the Europa play-off round tie and get Europa group stage football. Given we haven't looked like winning against sides in the 3rd qualifying round recently, there's no real evidence to think we would given that the quality of side we would face is a good bit better.

Dropping into the group stages of the Conference off the top of my head the prize money for winning the group is a few thousand north of £500k. But the extra gate money (big assumption that crowds might be back) would be worth having for sure. Without the gate money it's not really much of an attractive proposition, could even be viewed as a distraction from our bread and butter

1 minute ago, Durrant Dived said:

Pretty sure i speak for the majority of the support when I say I'd rather spend my Wednesday night in Prague than North Lanarkshire. Fuck the bread and butter.

Absolutely.....if crowds are allowed in. I said about the distraction if there's no crowds getting in anywhere. Or if the travel ban is still in force

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, G31DON said:

Yes so you’ve to split the two things.  You can be for or against McInnes.  Separately you’ve to decide how we give 3rd our best shot.  Keeping him short term or just biting the bullet and getting in <insert as appropriate>

I think we have to accept that this season is done - no chance of third. We also probably have to accept the next 1-2 seasons are for rebuilding. The squad is in a poor state, with players nearing the end of their careers, and other players too far indoctrinated into the current stays quo. If there is to be a new manager, then both him and the chairman should be given time to build.

Whoever the next appointment is, i think it is crucial they have experience in winning. 

Kjetil Knutsen was a good shout.

4 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

don't agree with this, Hibs are every bit as shite as we are and 3rd is still up for grabs I reckon.

They have defenders that can defend although they are pricks in Hanlon and porteous, and have a striker in Nesbit that can score goals, we have neither

5 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

don't agree with this, Hibs are every bit as shite as we are and 3rd is still up for grabs I reckon.

They just beat us 2-0, going on 4-0... they are up with rangers and livi on form and points collected. They have been scoring goals... and keeping clean sheets...

You’re expecting a lot from our last round of fixtures compared with what we’ve delivered in the past 3 seasons

5 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

We are 5 points behind and our game in hand is a 3 0 defeat to celtic. Out of the remaining 10 games we have 2 v celtic and 1 v rangers. 

Where are the points going to come from and more importantly the goals? 

2 confident predictions:

1) we are going to finish south of 3rd, with 4th, 5th, or even 6th, entirely possible.

2) Fans ain't getting into matches, in any meaningful numbers, any time soon.

Would suggest DC gets his head around both and react accordingly i.e. we cannot afford a badly underachieving, and expensive, management team!!

29 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Poeteous has been worse than Taylor this season and that's saying something 

Hmmm he has been inconsistent but he's still a young loon and the chances are he will improve with experience. Still surprised that Millwall had their seven figure bid turned down though.

Taylor has never come close to being the subject of a million pound offer

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Hmmm he has been inconsistent but he's still a young loon and the chances are he will improve with experience. Still surprised that Millwall had their seven figure bid turned down though.

Aye this???

comparing porteous to ash Taylor lol 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Porteous strikes me as Hibs version of Zander Diamond.

Hyped up as a youngster... but dives in, is rash, same as Diamond was.

And Diamond regressed, as will Porteous.

I think he’s a cart horse 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Porteous strikes me as Hibs version of Zander Diamond.

Hyped up as a youngster... but dives in, is rash, same as Diamond was.

And Diamond regressed, as will Porteous.

I think he’s a cart horse 

And, don’t forget, Mikey Devlin will be back soon, and like a new signing.

Or, I think he’s back soon?

39 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Mikey Devlin - just put him down.

Aside from a good first 5 months, he’s either been injured or complete shite the remaining 2 & a bit years.

He’ll end up back at Hamilton or that level. 

I don't think he's a risk that even they would take given his frequent and lengthy periods of absence. Maybe somewhere like Partick on an absolutely minimal basic wage plus a decent appearance bonus. However it wouldn't totally surprise me to see him retire.

I hope whoever eventually replaces Mcinnes moves on (with a budget allowing him to do so) from signing up players who have been decent in the past but who have suffered bad injuries to their joints, often more than once

32 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Mikey Devlin - just put him down.

Aside from a good first 5 months, he’s either been injured or complete shite the remaining 2 & a bit years.

He’ll end up back at Hamilton or that level. 

I was only semi joking about Devlin, as like him or not, we may need him for the next few months, with Taylor injured or at least playing like he’s injured.

Going to a back 4 may, as well as being a better option in regards to squad suitability, also protect the only fit central defenders we have.

29 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I don't think he's a risk that even they would take given his frequent and lengthy periods of absence. Maybe somewhere like Partick on an absolutely minimal basic wage plus a decent appearance bonus. However it wouldn't totally surprise me to see him retire.

I hope whoever eventually replaces Mcinnes moves on (with a budget allowing him to do so) from signing up players who have been decent in the past but who have suffered bad injuries to their joints, often more than once

He is a lovely lad and was really excited about his move to us. Injuries have ruined his time up here. 

Hopefully he gets a gig somewhere but like you I suspect it will be at a lower level. 

34 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I was only semi joking about Devlin, as like him or not, we may need him for the next few months, with Taylor injured or at least playing like he’s injured.

Going to a back 4 may, as well as being a better option in regards to squad suitability, also protect the only fit central defenders we have.

He's always played like that

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Everything you said there,  I agree with 

However porteous has still been worse than Taylor this season, which is all I said in relation to someone saying hibs have a better defence and specifically naming hanlon and porteous

I am the someone ?

They have!, they have conceded 2 less goals than us granted we have a game in hand but again granted that’s against Celtic!,they have scored 8 more goals than us in the league as well, so the facts and stats bear up.I don’t like them either but big ash is a balloon that should have stayed at Northampton town, a don’t think porteous is any great shakes but a don’t think he’ll play at Northampton level either.

he will be slightly better dross