Cormack Thread

11 hours ago, RAZOR said:

https://play.acast.com/s/footy-talks-with-steven-caldwell/tactical-talks-with-stephen-glass

After listening to that, I'd be amazed if Glass didn't get the job. Affa similar to DC's 'vision'.

Hmm. I didn’t hear much in that to give me confidence. Enjoying the coaching and dealing with the various aspects are all good - but there’s not much backing up his coaching ability or effectiveness when you look at the goal difference for the past three seasons. 2nd worst in each of the leagues, -30 and above. I would LOVE Glass to give us a new style, but I just can’t see where it’s coming from. I get that the reserve team has been positioned to be a feeder club for the 1st team, but it seems a big leap between that and producing winning teams with us. A lot of superlatives used in the interview describing the teams and coaches he’s had experience with as a player, but no insight into what he can achieve himself.

First question for Colgate Choppers when he eventually holds that delayed Q & A, probably post when we next score a goal, is tell us truthfully - did you offer Glass the job not long before the Hibs away match earlier in the year?

Reckon you did because both Tom English and Dicky Gordon know / knew too much about matters Aberdeen over the recent period. Would also include Graham Hunter with that claim.

Whilst I wish Glass, and whoever rocks up with him, the very best of luck going forwards I do not trust a word you say which I fear is not going to be positive for the Dons going forwards.

An issue if trust is the doubt over whether the selection prawcess was rigorous,  

Were other viable candidates approached? 

Were they given serious consideration? 

Was the whole business of sacking hun dmc and the appointment of Glass a sham, already a done deal months ago? 

This, on the back of seriously dodgy looking Hernandez situation is something that the fans need to know the truth about 

Guest milne_afc
2 hours ago, Woody21 said:

First question for Colgate Choppers when he eventually holds that delayed Q & A, probably post when we next score a goal, is tell us truthfully - did you offer Glass the job not long before the Hibs away match earlier in the year?

Reckon you did because both Tom English and Dicky Gordon know / knew too much about matters Aberdeen over the recent period. Would also include Graham Hunter with that claim.

Whilst I wish Glass, and whoever rocks up with him, the very best of luck going forwards I do not trust a word you say which I fear is not going to be positive for the Dons going forwards.

Fuck’s the point in asking him questions then?

I have a message from 14th January telling me Glass was coming, and another at the beginning of Feb stating the nature of DC & DM’s fall-out as to why Glass’ philosophy suits what DC wants.

Point being whether DC has lied about the prawcess or not, there’s a leak; it’s a very bad look for him and his trust is eroded not just with fans, but possibly also with any future potential applicant for the manager’s job.

Just now, Millertime said:

It's very, very obvious that at that point he hadn't made his mind up 

For Christ sake, why would he bare faced lie otherwise?

It just looks a bit shit though doesn't it?  When you factor in their close friendship. 

At the very least he must have known that Glass was a front runner. He'd have been better holding off until after he'd made the appointment. He's got to rearrange the financial update anyway. 

Just now, Millertime said:

Yeah, it does

But the other answer here is that he did follow due process and actually, Stephen Glass IS a standout

Surely straight away, if he has been able to coax the second most decorated celtic captain in their history and also a very highly rated and current England coach to join him, then straight away he must have something about him?

I think he also looks the part, which is important

Suave

Maybe.  I'm not automatically writing it off as a disaster. If the management team clicks and they bring in the right type of players then we could quite easily motor on.  Russell is definitely an interesting choice and a coup if he comes. 

But I think Cormack is in danger of misjudging the support with his public appearances.  We're at a critical juncture with regards to regenerating people's interest and trying to shift season tickets for next year. 

Taking risks with eroding the confidence of the support in the leadership at the club is a risky business. 

14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

It's very, very obvious that at that point he hadn't made his mind up 

For Christ sake, why would he bare faced lie otherwise?

Just because typical aberdeen fans who moan either way don't like the answer,  doesn't mean the working is incorrect 

?

C'mon MM - even YOU aren't stupid enough to believe that

47 minutes ago, Donmacca said:

Found myself getting more and more pissed off at this cunt as the days gone on. A barefaced liar who has turned our club into a feeder team for some overrated American franchise. Think I'm pretty much done with this.

Close this end too.

If, as I suspect, both Brown and Russell don't materialize that'll do it for me.

This whole matter stinks more and more as it develops.

Everyone can see that the prawcess has been a faked exercise from start to finish and that Glass is being set up as Cormack's puppet.

To suggest otherwise is delusional.

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

Close this end too.

If, as I suspect, both Brown and Russell don't materialize that'll do it for me.

This whole matter stinks more and more as it develops.

Everyone can see that the prawcess has been a faked exercise from start to finish and that Glass is being set up as Cormack's puppet.

To suggest otherwise is delusional.

If he had us believing the process (which he didnt) he ruins it by saying weve got two new signings to announce.

Some lad. He can't help himself.

Just listened to Dave Cormack’s interview.

Nothing too unexpected but found it bizarre when he was saying that Stephen Glass was the stand out candidate “amongst the emerging talent” candidates, and went on to justify the appointment by using omparisons of how it’s worked before.... by mentioning Pep Guardiola(!) & Gerrard (who’s spent about £30m just to win the Scottish League). 

Given the supposed footballing philosophy of Atlanta, the way Dave wants us to play, and the fact they know each other, it’s not surprising that Glass emerged as his preferred candidate.

They will share the same vision of where they want the club to go.Of course it slightly makes a mockery of the said prawcess, when it’s blindingly obvious that Glass had been lined up anyway! 

Have had opportunity to listen to both interviews.

Glass came across as genuine and I can't but wish him well.

Cormack came across as a fud. He used a hundred words / ums when ten would do.

And for feck sake nobody believes that there has been a proper prawcess.

I for one would appreciate more transparent honesty and less bullshit!

27 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Have had opportunity to listen to both interviews.

Glass came across as genuine and I can't but wish him well.

Cormack came across as a fud. He used a hundred words / ums when ten would do.

And for feck sake nobody believes that there has been a proper prawcess.

I for one would appreciate more transparent honesty and less bullshit!

Yeah Glass spoke well. Clear and concise and knows exactly what’s needing done, really hope it works out for him.

As you say Cormack just rambles on and on, with more umm’s than you can count, and after all his nonsense about due prawcess then appointing Glass anyway you can’t help but feel he’s just spouting lie after lie.

He’s really needing Glass to work out to get a lot of fans back onside now. 

I didn't want Mcinnes when it was muted he would get the job, but when he was confirmed and I watched the Interview I remember being impressed with it. He said he wanted to make the fans fall in love with the club again. Which I think he achieved for 4 or 5 Years. I just hope Glass is as impressive in the job as his initial interview was