Sign in to follow this  
Sooper-hanz

Aberdeen 1 - 0 Hamilton

Joint top scorer maybe, but he has played 6 more games than morelos who is also on 10 and doesnt take penalties

He has set the bar high and right now, he is below it

Morelos has missed all the penalties he’s taken ;)

His "19 goals this season" is primarily in europe

His record in the league is hardly brilliant

Also looks thick as fuck too

Cosgrove has 10 goals in league, 6 in Europe and 3 in League Cup so unless I've misunderstood the meaning of primarily all my life you're wrong

You can't compare Morelos and Cosgrove. 

Morelos is backed up by a team that is attack-minded, and say what you want about SG he doesn't set his team up to only pressure in the teams own final third. Morelos is going to get multiple chances per game. 

Cosgrove scores goals despite his fucking manager. And pretty much his only clear cut chance of the entire game went in the net. 

Morelos is backed up by a team that is attack-minded, and say what you want about SG he doesn't set his team up to only pressure in the teams own final third. Morelos is going to get multiple chances per game.

Cosgrove scores goals despite his fucking manager. And pretty much his only clear cut chance of the entire game went in the net.

You can’t compare a striker with another striker?

Lol

You can compare them.

But you'd expect Morelos to get more goals for the reasons mentioned.

If Cosgrove outscored Morelos or even got close it would be an amazing achievement all things considered

You can’t compare a striker with another striker?

Lol

Well you can if you are prepared to consider how they would both produce if the swapped teams.

wonder what both players actual goal conversion rate to attempts is

also wonder what there other stats are comparably, assists etc.

IN. (force of habit).

Shite game.

1-0.

Att: 12,345.

All I want for Christams is McInnes to go!

Scoreline spot on.

20 out on the crowd.

Decent effort that.

A good win and three points added to the table.

I thought Ojo looked good today (first half). We've missed him. We hold onto the ball better and there is a lot more composure in midfield with him in the side. Looking forward to seeing Bryson, Ferguson and Ojo playing alongside each other. I think we'll see a big improvement going forward assuming everyone stays fit.

Cosgrove has been unbelievable this season. He's going to be hard to replace once he's sold on.

I like Greg Leigh, prefer him to Lowe. McKenna was really good today. Ash Taylor was ok - his passing is abysmal at times and he makes some truly dodgy decisions. Wilson looks so good at times - just wish he had more confidence because he'd be the best player at the club if he did.

I agree we a desperate for a Maddison/ Christie type of player. We just lack that creative spark going forward. Apart from that we are a good team.

Edited by CalgaryDon

Honking display yet again against a horrendously poor team, no imagination in the tactics or the subs, actually liked the look of the starting line up for a change but the negative tactics ruined it ,this passing the ball along the back four every time we get possession is pointless and all it does is let negative teams retreat into there shape with plenty time to spare.Hamilton were awful and are justifiably bottom of the league but we really struggled to break them down, just cant see this shite changing under the current regime, will get pumped next week and then a similar game as Todays against Livi where we might scrape a win

Well you can if you are prepared to consider how they would both produce if the swapped teams.

Thats like saying you can compare a Lexus to a Jeep.

They`re both cars, so...

And there ends the similarity. 

They're different beasts, on different surfaces, offering different roles. 

Shows folk see different things..

I thought Ojo was rubbish

Thats like saying you can compare a Lexus to a Jeep.

They`re both cars, so...

And there ends the similarity.

They're different beasts, on different surfaces, offering different roles.

So you can compare a Lexus to a jeep?

Lol

Well yes, that’s how you compare things.

If the link is correct, I think this backs up your post @@Kelt

https://spfl.co.uk/stats-centre

The huns have had 265 shots (17.66 per game) compared to 182 (10.11) for the Dons, the huns have had 118 (7.87 per game) on target compared to 77 (4.26 per game) for the Dons.

The huns have more shots on goal because they are a team led by a manager that is set up to score goals.

They have also played 3 less games than us.

Scoreline spot on.

20 out on the crowd.

Decent effort that.

There was never 12,300 there today, it looked like sub 10k from my seat.

If the link is correct, I think this backs up your post @@Kelt

https://spfl.co.uk/stats-centre

The huns have had 265 shots (17.66 per game) compared to 182 (10.11) for the Dons, the huns have had 118 (7.87 per game) on target compared to 77 (4.26 per game) for the Dons.

The huns have more shots on goal because they are a team led by a manager that is set up to score goals.

They have also played 3 less games than us.

I think the differences between the teams and the roles the strikers play is fairly obvious to those of us with a brain in our skull. 

The Rangers (formed 2012) are set up to create chances against the opposition. We are not. 

I'm actually surprised that The Rangers have only created 170% of the chances we have, though. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/top-scorers

Morelos has had 44 attempts at goal, hit the target 28 times and scored 10 goals.

Cosgrove has had 39 attempts at goal, hit the target 23 times and scored 10 goals.

Cosgrove appears to have a better goals to attempts ratio however the penalties will skew that stats a fair bit although as Morelos and Tavernier has shown this season, getting the pens doesn't neccessarily mean that you will score them.

Only on a Dons forum could you have someone scoring his 19th of the season described as honking.

We’d be relegation fodder without Cosgrove...

Today was a tough watch. Shite game and it was fucking baltic!

We are such a boring and slow team. It just allows your teams like Hamilton to get numbers back behind the ball which makes the game difficult for us. We should be attacking fast and in numbers in games like this.

We desperately need a Christie/Maddison type of player to provide a bit of spark going forward in January.

Today was a tough watch. Shite game and it was fucking baltic!

We are such a boring and slow team. It just allows your teams like Hamilton to get numbers back behind the ball which makes the game difficult for us. We should be attacking fast and in numbers in games like this.

We desperately need a Christie/Maddison type of player to provide a bit of spark going forward in January.

Get one of that type and Mcinnes will play them on the wing, a bit like Wilson Today

Only on a Dons forum could you have someone scoring his 19th of the season described as honking.

We’d be relegation fodder without Cosgrove...

Yep utterly fucking ridiculous. He is a goal poacher. Somehow he gets pelters for not running about like a headless chicken and ultimately offering fuck all.

Can’t remember Shearer ( Duncan and Alan) Ruud van Nisterooy or however you spell it making lung bursting runs back to help the defence. Difference between being a forward and a poacher.

His job is to be there at the right time and to ruthlessly finish.

Christie and Maddison both had spells where they were benched here.

And both had spells playing wide when they are both best behind the striker